• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs team of the decade

....................Lloris

Walker..King....Vertonghen..Rose

............. Modřic... Dembele

......Bale......Eriksen....Son

....................Kane

Agree with this team, but I'd swap out Ledley for Toby. Ledley's peak occurred at the end of the previous decade and into the start of this one, but Toby's formed the mainstay of our defense for five years now - half the decade.

Agree with this team, but I'd swap out Ledley for Toby. Ledley's peak occurred at the end of the previous decade and into the start of this one, but Toby's formed the mainstay of our defense for five years now - half the decade.

I reluctantly agree, King's inclusion was largely sentimental.

Walker..King....Vertonghen..Rose

......Bale......Eriksen....Son

....................Kane

This would be my team also. Though in light of recent performances I might swap out Eriksen for VDV.

Walker.....King....Vertonghen......Rose

......Bale.........VDV...............Son

....................Kane..................

This would be my team also. Though in light of recent performances I might swap out Eriksen for VDV.

VdV was very good but he was good for less time than Eriksen

VdV was very good but he was good for less time than Eriksen

I know what you are getting at. But everyone seems to Think Klinsmann is some kind of legend around here even though he had one year and then left us for a better deal.

In my mind Eriksen has stained his reputation in the last calender year. VDV was immense the two season we had him and was sold when he wanted to stay. And you can see he has kept
Spurs in his heart.

For those reasons he gets into my Team of the decade over Eriksen. Its only my opinion.

I know what you are getting at. But everyone seems to Think Klinsmann is some kind of legend around here even though he had one year and then left us for a better deal.

In my mind Eriksen has stained his reputation in the last calender year. VDV was immense the two season we had him and was sold when he wanted to stay. And you can see he has kept
Spurs in his heart.

For those reasons he gets into my Team of the decade over Eriksen. Its only my opinion.

Either way it is one hell of a front six

And VDV, he did love a goal against the scum.
VDV loved big goals
Fergie said it about him. He scored the opener or the winner... he didn’t do a Walcott and score the last 2 goals in a 5 nil win
That was his words at the time in a dinner bash I went too (he was asked who he would sign)

This

Lloris
Alderweireld...King...Vertonghen
Modric...Dembele
....................................Bale
VdV.......Dele......Son
Kane
Could do the same with this squad,
Gazzaniga
Alderweireld...Sanchez...Vertonghen
Sissoko...Ndombele
..........................................Sessegnon
Moura.......Dele......Son
Kane​
Sessegnon drops back to make a four in defence?

I have a lot of issues with that list, Gomes had some horrible moments, but he also put in a season where he was incredible.

Soldado, again, horrible moments but the attitude, teamwork and effort was there.

Others on that list were not given a proper chance and others were signed as merely as bodies for the squad, they were worth the small fee’s that were paid, I don’t think any of them can be accused of underperforming.

The players who give me nightmares are the ones who have the ability but don’t bother using it or don’t have the attitude to improve themselves and work on their weaknesses.

I have a lot of issues with that list, Gomes had some horrible moments, but he also put in a season where he was incredible.

Soldado, again, horrible moments but the attitude, teamwork and effort was there.

Others on that list were not given a proper chance and others were signed as merely as bodies for the squad, they were worth the small fee’s that were paid, I don’t think any of them can be accused of underperforming.

The players who give me nightmares are the ones who have the ability but don’t bother using it or don’t have the attitude to improve themselves and work on their weaknesses.[/QUOTE]

Like Sanchez with his passing and getting beat by balls over the top? Or Lamela with his inability to use his right foot?

Gomes had one brilliant season followed by one laughable season. He was either a 9 or a 2 out of 10, sometimes in the same game. The Blackpool game being the quintessential example, made a great save from a penalty only then to charge out like a nutter and proceed to give away another penalty.

I went for Friedel who was unspectacular but provided some stability.

Yep, @Jurgen the German that kind of thing, although there would be no point in football if Lamela was allowed to use his right foot too, he’s better than everyone else already, that would just be cheating.

Back