• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

'Spurs Friendly' Bars in Crete

Shelfie

Banned
I'm going there in a couple of weeks time, and wonder if there's anywhere I can catch 'non Sky' Spurs games.

I'm staying near Rethymnon (easy for me to say, not :) but don't mind travelling a bit to watch my beloved Spurs. I assume there'll be a bar or six showing whatever's on Sky, it's games like West Brom and the Europa League that will be the problem.

Any help gratefully received.

Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move.

Last edited:
I use to go to Retymnon every year but stayed in a village called gerani about 8km west.

Their bar did have sports but I think from memory (last went in 2007) any bars in Rethymnon that have sports will show as much English football as possible

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Fapatalk

I use to go to Retymnon every year but stayed in a village called gerani about 8km west.

Their bar did have sports but I think from memory (last went in 2007) any bars in Rethymnon that have sports will show as much English football as possible

Thanks a lot for info Jon. I should find 'Sky games' (ie the English Sky games shown on Sunday etc) no problem out there I know. It's the 'non-Sky' stuff like West Brom on a Saturday at 3pm that can be the problem I think. I remember once through a recommendation finding a bar in the Canaries that had a satellite that the guy could pick up more or less any game, but because he was Spurs, he prioritized us. So I got to watch us play Sat 3pm game, funny enough against West Brom IIRC, we drew 1-1 away.

Because even if I find a place showing 3pm games, if say Utd are playing chances are they are prioritized etc.

Thanks again for the info though, I shall search around when I get there of course, and check out Gerani on the web. Obviously don't want to catch a taxi somewhere unless I know for sure we're on.

Greek sports TV (iirc is supersport) has access to the 3pm (5pm over there) games so you shouldn't go too far wrong, just have to deal with the Greek commentary.

I was out there one year in the bar by the pool and they showed spurs v hull and we lost 1-0. Sat next to me must've been the only hull supporter on the island and he made sure I knew about it.

Greek sports TV (iirc is supersport) has access to the 3pm (5pm over there) games so you shouldn't go too far wrong, just have to deal with the Greek commentary.

I was out there one year in the bar by the pool and they showed spurs v hull and we lost 1-0. Sat next to me must've been the only hull supporter on the island and he made sure I knew about it.

Hi Jon, thanks again for all the info, much appreciated. Shame about the Hull game, was it part of that 2 points in 8 games debacle?

Seems like its OTE who carry the games now in Greece. I have no problem with Greek commentary, can follow the game anyway.

I think it may well have been actually! OTE are a big TV firm so wouldn't surprise me but when you get there just have a nose around some bars and ask the barkie. I'm sure they'll be able to tell you.

I think it may well have been actually! OTE are a big TV firm so wouldn't surprise me but when you get there just have a nose around some bars and ask the barkie. I'm sure they'll be able to tell you.

Tis indeed my plan, and thanks again for the help. I'll also check out the boards outside pubs/bars, as they can be helpful.

Back