• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Son can be very exciting and equally frustrating to watch, but you can't help but love the guy. He's had a brilliant season and he has become a player that opposing teams are afraid of imo. I love how direct he is.
Tbh I think too much is made of his negatives. A lot of the time the reason he coc-ks up is because he's taking people on, daring to attack them. That or attempting a shot from a ridiculous angle. When they come off we all go wow, but when he misses he gets crucified.

But it's only rarely that his mistakes cost us, like the pen he conceded against Cheatski in the FA Cup SF at Wembley. Even then it was because he was asked to play a defensive role he's neither familiar with nor cut out for.

For me he is currently one of the most exciting AMs in the Premier League. Despite not being an out-and-out striker only six of the leading scorers elsewhere in the PL have bettered his strike rate of roughly two goals every three games. Even more surprisingly, just three players elsewhere in the top flight have a better ratio of minutes-per-assist.

His main problem this season after a good start was his fluctuating form in the middle part which meant he spent a lot more time on the bench than he would have liked. Often when Poch chose to go with two DMs Son found himself having to compete with Alli and Eriksen for one of the two available AM berths and that was never going to be easy.

But to his credit he forced his way back in when the chance came through injury to Kane and such was his return to form Poch found a way to rejig his formations in order to keep him in.

Well done my Son!!!

It's been quite eye-opening reading a couple of match-threads on forums for opposition teams.

They've been nastily surprised by Son.
Either knowing very little about him or just not thinking he was very good and then coming to a shocking realisation that there's some serious quality in him which means that they can't only focus on Alli and Kane.

Maybe I'm wide of the mark here, but I get the feeling that Asian players aren't necessarily taken (as) seriously as Europeans / South Americans.

Thing is he's not new to European football so teams should have been a little more clued up on him, his record for Leverkusen is equal to what he's done at Spurs and he wasn't exactly brick at Hamburg either. Five and a half seasons in the Bundesliga should have been enough for teams to know what he was capable of.

Yeah, he was one of only 4 footballers in the Bundesliga to score 10+ goals for 3 seasons in a row during the 2012/13 - 2014/15 period. The other players being And given that he wasn't a striker, and the other 3 players being Lewandowski, Muller and Kruse. So you are all right in saying he is not new and unproven in European football.

It is quite tricky to shout/sing Son Heung Min or Heung Min Son when excited. Some Koreans behind me spent loads of the game shouting one of these. Can't remember which. Just sounded like Su-hg-sn.

It doesn't trip off the tongue. I suggest he changes his name to Sonaldo

It is quite tricky to shout/sing Son Heung Min or Heung Min Son when excited. Some Koreans behind me spent loads of the game shouting one of these. Can't remember which. Just sounded like Su-hg-sn.

It doesn't trip off the tongue. I suggest he changes his name to Sonaldo
Bit close to Soldado.

International curse strikes. Let's hope it's just a painful awkward fall and nothing more.

Son injured his right wrist in South Korea's 3-2 loss to Qatar in the final Asian qualifying round for the 2018 World Cup at Jassim Bin Hamad Stadium.

With South Korea trailing 1-0, Son fought for the ball in the air against Qatari defender Mohammed Musa, but landed awkwardly. He failed to stand up for a few minutes before walking off the field with the medical staff's help.

Son eventually had to be taken out from the match as head coach Uli Stielike put Lee Keun-ho in his position in the 34th minute.

An official with the Korea Football Association (KFA) said Son could have suffered a fracture in his wrist and added, "Son may not travel with the national team and stay in Doha for treatment."

The men's team was scheduled to return to South Korea on Wednesday.

Nasty, but hopefully not the worst injury a footballer can get? Might be that he is forced to rest up sooner than expected.

A fractured wrist/forearm isn't the worst injury, obviously. Six weeks in a cast should do it. It shouldn't affect his pre season too much, although it could take a few games of the new season before he's at his best.

Hopefully unduly pessimistic guesswork here:

'Though Spurs do not yet know the full extent of the forward's fracture, they are almost certainly likely to lose him for pre-season and may even be without him for the start of the Premier League season, which sees Mauricio Pochettino's men start their campaign away to newly promoted Saudi Sportswashing Machine.​

http://www.90min.com/posts/5137013-...-up-to-8-weeks-out-after-suffering-broken-arm

(Yet again, first match away from home. WTF?)

And the injuries start just as the fixtures come out. So probably Rose, Lamela and Son not available already for the first match

It will be the pre season that he will miss which will be crucial and he will be behind on fitness. Not a doctor but would guess that his arm may have healed by the time the first game comes round.

Back