• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Okay I get where you're coming from. It certainly seemed like Son the got the message Thursday night when he laid on Kane's first.

But it's also possible to overdo the unselfishness thing and that can be even more frustrating. At least with the likes of Kane and Son you rarely find yourself shouting at them to 'SHOOT THE BLOODY THING.' And their goals tally these days suggests they're getting it right more often than not.

Overall when it comes to top strikers I'd generally rather they err on the side of shooting first and thinking later, even if that does mean they get it embarrassingly wrong from time to time.

I do agree that can happen as well, i do not think we disagree overall on what both of us are saying. As for Son overall he is becoming a very good player and i said earlier this season that he must be a bugger to play against, the reason i say that is he gives me the impression he does not always know what he is going to do ( hence him fluffing his lines on occasion). The bonus is that those marking him do not know either so are unsure and this leads to confusion and enables him to have a little more space.

Either way he is becoming a very important player for us and at the age of 24 can only get better.

Some great quotes from Son after the end of the season:

http://www.espnfc.com/tottenham-hot...-heung-min-suffered-sleepless-night-over-form

"I feel like I am still young and have a lot more to learn,"

"I know my career is just beginning. After the season ended, I couldn't get to sleep, knowing I could have played better. But overall, I learned a lot this season.

"Unless I play like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, it'll be hard to give myself 100 out of 100. I know I accomplished a lot this season, but I also went through some tough times. And those moments helped me grow as a player. I'd give myself maybe 70 points."

Those are signs of a great player, willing to learn and improve even when he has had a great season. I for one can't wait to see some of his best goals next season, as he always has some exceptional goals..

Son arrived home with teammates Kyle Walker, Kevin Wimmer and Ben Davies for a corporate event and later the national team training camp for next month's World Cup qualifier against Qatar.

He was greeted by hundreds of Tottenham supporters decked out in team gear at Incheon International Airport.

Son couldn't have joined the national team at a better moment. He finished the season with 21 goals in 46 matches in all competitions, setting the single season scoring record by a South Korean in Europe. Legendary attacker Cha Bum-kun had netted 19 for the German outfit Leverkusen in the 1985-1986 season.

Son was also named the Premier League's Player of the Month twice, in September and in April, becoming the first Asian to be so honored in one season.

To think it looked likely he might go last summer. He has nailed down that position in the 4-2-3-1 and can provide real competition for Alli in the 3-5-2.

What Son has proved this season is that we no longer needed a chaser and harrier like Lamela, we needed someone who could run at defences and score a hatful of goals.

Therefore even if Lamela had not been out injured, chances are (imo) he would have lost his place to Son sooner rather than later anyway.

Son can be very exciting and equally frustrating to watch, but you can't help but love the guy. He's had a brilliant season and he has become a player that opposing teams are afraid of imo. I love how direct he is.

It's been quite eye-opening reading a couple of match-threads on forums for opposition teams.

They've been nastily surprised by Son.
Either knowing very little about him or just not thinking he was very good and then coming to a shocking realisation that there's some serious quality in him which means that they can't only focus on Alli and Kane.

I have said elsewhere that i believe that Son has been our most improved player this season.
I agree. If he played for another team we'd be absolutely raving about him, marking him out as a danger man, etc. I've been saying for a long time that we lack a true impact sub to bring on and change the game, and I see Sonny as being that man -- nothing like shaking up a settled defensive line with direct running. That said, he's more than justified a starting place recently -- if Lamela (or anyone else) performs well enough to take that place from Son, it'd mean a fearsome attacking unit.

Sonny may not be the quickest on the break but his burst of pace over 10 yards is excellent.

Back