• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

I replay your TED talks on motivating employees on a loop. Great stuff.
That's instruction, motivation is different.

For motivation I put up posters of people in those silly white frocks and hats with the caption "It's here or Tesco". I find that makes minimum wage people quite keen to do well.

Unless it's a proper competition (World Cup in the summer months) then we just ban the players from attending. They're our employees, we choose what they do in our employment.

And Poch is wrong. Our players gain nothing from pointless friendlies against a load of goat herders from the arse end of nowhere.
You don’t get it do you, you’re not a professional athlete. How someone who has never come close to playing for his country (I assume) can state a guy is wrong who has first hand experience of it, and has noting to gain by supporting international football when managing our club is ridiculous. Pulling on your nations shirt is the pinnacle of any players career, every player interviewed says so. It’s irrelevant whether they’re playing Brazil or Jamaica. Yes we pay their wages, and we know exactly how international football works, and when different countries have their friendlies and tournaments. You want to sign Son, you know he’s going to be playing in Asian games that can interfere with our schedule. You don’t like like it don’t sign the player, otherwise suck it up like every other club full of internationals has to....

You don’t get it do you, you’re not a professional athlete. How someone who has never come close to playing for his country (I assume) can state a guy is wrong who has first hand experience of it, and has noting to gain by supporting international football when managing our club is ridiculous. Pulling on your nations shirt is the pinnacle of any players career, every player interviewed says so. It’s irrelevant whether they’re playing Brazil or Jamaica. Yes we pay their wages, and we know exactly how international football works, and when different countries have their friendlies and tournaments. You want to sign Son, you know he’s going to be playing in Asian games that can interfere with our schedule. You don’t like like it don’t sign the player, otherwise suck it up like every other club full of internationals has to....
If Son (or any other player) wants to learn from playing with Championship standard players against Div 2 standard players he can play the early rounds of the chavdrink cup with the kids. That will at least save the travel.

That's instruction, motivation is different.

For motivation I put up posters of people in those silly white frocks and hats with the caption "It's here or Tesco". I find that makes minimum wage people quite keen to do well.
I’m pretty sure Tesco pay above the minimum wage threshold (as I think many of the supermarket chains do).

Poch: "I told him today ‘where is my present Sonny? I want a watch or some Korean food’. Because when we saw in the past that different clubs didn't allow [him] to go to play in this tournament, who took the risk? I did. People need to congratulate me. I allowed him to go."

Poch: "I told him today ‘where is my present Sonny? I want a watch or some Korean food’. Because when we saw in the past that different clubs didn't allow [him] to go to play in this tournament, who took the risk? I did. People need to congratulate me. I allowed him to go."
This sounds a little mourinho!

Yeah I think he gave a goal kick so it’s not like the ref thought it was a successful tackle either.

Would have been an absolute mugging to have drawn that game!

Last edited:
Do we need to give him a break? The guy does not look close to match sharp atm and he's played a lot of football and travelled a lot of miles in the last 4 months.

Do we need to give him a break? The guy does not look close to match sharp atm and he's played a lot of football and travelled a lot of miles in the last 4 months.
he's very effective off the bench.
not sure why poch starts son and replaces him with lamela. i would have done otherwise!

Back