• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

From a propaganda side of things (as that's the only reason to enforce it) making him do it is probably very beneficial "we are all in this together, we are all equal and everyone has to do it"

That's a fair point and probably why they enforce it. However, it's worth noting it's not equal as women don't have to do it :)

The whole thing is an overreach of government imo. Got to bow down to "the man".

Prison or banned from entering the country if you refuse.

I do not think anyone would suggest we sell Son and i am sur Poch feels the same way, the only way that would happen ( imo) is if there really is a risk of losing him to national service but even then as other have said who would want to buy him if they had to face the same situation.

Play him for two years, then sell him to the Korean army. For market price.
Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-011.jpg

If he plays in the Asian games, he doesn’t have to do national service. So if I was him I would want to play in the games.

From the Korean Herald...

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20180716000499
For players like Son, the Asian Games is an important tournament because they can earn military service exemption by winning a gold medal.

All able-bodied South Korean males must serve roughly two years in the military. For athletes, however, winning an Asian Games gold medal or an Olympic medal of any color can reduce their time in the armed forces, as they'd then only have to do four weeks of basic training.

Son was not on the South Korean team that won a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics and a gold medal at the 2014 Asian Games.

To extend his impressive career in Europe without interruption, grabbing the gold at the 2018 Asian Games is considered the most important task for Son.

SON TO PLAY IN ASIAN GAMES

Tottenham have also confirmed Heung-min Son will represent South Korea at the Asian Games.

The tournament begins on August 14, four days after the start of the new Premier League season.

A Spurs statement said: "Son will now join up with the squad ahead of our tour of the United States where we will compete in the International Champions Cup against AS Roma (San Diego), Barcelona (Los Angeles) and AC Milan (Minneapolis) and will also be available for our opening game of the Premier League season away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine before travelling to Indonesia to represent South Korea at the Asian Games."

Also, hopefully it puts to be the permanent "We are going to lose him to national service" talk, I cant imagine a deal like this being done if thats a real concern.

Back