• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Best player so far this season for me, even an off day he tries so hard to make something happen.

Got laughed at last year when i said he was as good as sanchez is for the goons.

He's been our most dangerous player by far while we've been in our tiny little "rut". He's been excellent. Quick on the ball, quick feet, gets somewhere with his tricks, creative and working hard. He's stepped it up. Even scored a 1v1 today! :D

He's been our most dangerous player by far while we've been in our tiny little "rut". He's been excellent. Quick on the ball, quick feet, gets somewhere with his tricks, creative and working hard. He's stepped it up. Even scored a 1v1 today! :D

Not sure he knows what he is going to do sometimes and it makes him unpredictable so harder to play against

Add to that his work rate and he is a vital cog in the machine

Son. My favourite Spurs player! With due acknowledgment to @Whiffler[/QUOTE

Need to bump my earlier statement. Against lesser teams we need Son to start so we have four goal scoring threats on the pitch from the get go - Son, Alli, Eriksen and Kane. This gives us a whole lot more potency and more bodies in the box.This is key to unlocking massed defences imo.

He makes things happen. Made himself a starter now -- even with everyone fit, he has to start.
Doesn't he just! That was an absolute blinder of a performance today, Ten out of ten from me.

Seem to remember when Son started to go on a roll last season Poch rejigged his formation in order to fit him in to the starting XI so yeah, no reason why he wouldn't do the same again this time round.

Happy days.

Anyone else feel like Son has been under-utilised this season?

Don’t know whether it’s his injury issue, Poch’s commitment to 3 at the back, a desire to play Alli back into form, or a weird determination to play Sissoko... but I feel we would have benefitted from Sonny having more gametime, especially in games where some of the players look jaded.

Don’t know whether it’s his injury issue, Poch’s commitment to 3 at the back, a desire to play Alli back into form, or a weird determination to play Sissoko... but I feel we would have benefitted from Sonny having more gametime, especially in games where some of the players look jaded.

I think we have some times forced the team to play rather than looked at who should be playing if that makes sense.
The Alli and Sissoko comments are very valid IMO

He was exceptional yesterday, but we need to remember only a couple of weeks ago this forum was littered with comments about his wayward shooting.

I think we can all agree his form can be erratic but I'm right behind those who say he's underrated. Whether he's scoring blinders or ballooning shots over the bar, falling flat on his face or leaving players for dead, his very unpredictability is in itself an advantage of sorts because he livens up our attacks and keeps the opposition on their toes.

For me he brings more to the team merely because he's prepared to take people on and can score goals out of the blue that can change games. Yesterday was a case in point, he was flying from the first minute and his fizz and fire seemed to inspire the whole team.

In a nutshell, he showed the way and the rest of the team followed.

We need to start dropping the likes of Alli and Eriksen for under performing, Lamela and Son starting would give us so much energy and we could get our high pressure games back.

Don’t know whether it’s his injury issue, Poch’s commitment to 3 at the back.

I don't think that Poch is committed to three at the back. It is just that most of the changes in tactics under him have come when there have been injuries or suspensions and the incoming players have made it difficult to be dropped.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Toby and Sanchez are both available again.

Asian player of the year, high scoring midfielder in the EPL last season - he isn't a hard tackler like victor (hence we have victor) or a dribbler like moussa (ditto), but I love the way he smacks that ball, or gently curves his goals !! After reading Poche's book, well diary, it's clear he loves the lad but wants him to be a monster on the pitch.

Picks his time to score influential goals, works hard, plays with a smile on his face - smiling Asian Assassin. Kicking into form at just the right time

Can understand a little criticism of him or any player that can improve.

However besides the nit picking he is generally that turns up and influences the game.

I would rest Ali in favour of him at Wembley.

Not sure he knows what he is going to do sometimes and it makes him unpredictable so harder to play against

Add to that his work rate and he is a vital cog in the machine

That is the with Son, he tries things off the peg and you never know what will happen, the good thing about that is the players he is up against do not know either and because of that are wary of him.

The sooner some fans start to appreciate that is the way he plays the less they will criticise him.

Doesn't he just! That was an absolute blinder of a performance today, Ten out of ten from me.

Seem to remember when Son started to go on a roll last season Poch rejigged his formation in order to fit him in to the starting XI so yeah, no reason why he wouldn't do the same again this time round.

Happy days.

Would certainly stay with 4-2-3-1. Especially with Alderweireld missing and Sanchez suspended

Back