• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Soft Drinks

southstand1882

Mitchell Thomas
Soft drinks are my guilty pleasure. Tried this earlier:

360457b.jpg

I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea, but I like it

Any recommendations for some new drinks to try?

Don't really drink much soft drink now - except if its spiked with alcohol

We should send a crate of that over to GInolax3... The only pussy he is gonna get...

Sorry Ginolax3 love ya really... A bit too below the belt maybe

I prefer water - most of those things are full of sugar and carbonated

/Gifter will be along shortly and elaborate on that

Soft drinks are my guilty pleasure. Tried this earlier:

360457b.jpg

I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea, but I like it

Any recommendations for some new drinks to try?

The wife really likes the apple and ginger version of that.

You can get some good ideas from;

http://www.greattasteawards.co.uk/

2012 Drinks - http://www.greattasteawards.co.uk//...archWord=&submitted=1&3Star=Y&2Star=Y&1Star=Y

I do agree with Arc, but am not going to expand.

I love good water fortunately, if I'm pushing the boat out I like 1/4 or 1/2 an organic lemon squeezed into it!

If I'm out somewhere I'll sometimes have a luscombe lemonade.

32cl-organic-sparkling-sicilian-lemonade-luscombe-england-devon.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer water - most of those things are full of sugar and carbonated

/Gifter will be along shortly and elaborate on that
Yeah I try and avoid them as much as possible - hardly have any sort of fizzy drinks anymore. I had a KFC earlier (deserved it after a good week at the gym and playing a football match today) and decided to have a bottle of water instead of pepsi to balance things out a bit.

Only time ill drink fizzy drinks is when im drinking vodka..

I had a food intolerance test and im intolerant to something in coca-cola

Only time ill drink fizzy drinks is when im drinking vodka..

I had a food intolerance test and im intolerant to something in coca-cola

I could do with that intolerance, I drink way too much Coke etc and I'm trying to cut it out. Started yesterday. Last time I tried I got proper headaches... felt like a junkie going cold turkey.

Will see how I get on this week.

What do you guys drink instead. I'm not really a tea or coffee person and i'm sure drinking just water will get a bit boring after few days?

Iced tea, usually. Peach or the raspberry one that Costa do. There is a Costa downstairs in my office complex.

A lot of these drinks have a lot of high fructose corn syrup with all sorts of consequences: obesity, diabetes, liver problems and brain function.

Seems that omega-3 fats help protect the effects on the brain. Unfortunately fish flavoured soft drinks have yet to find the balance between palatability and taste.

Edit: there might be one after all: http://www.bevnet.com/news/2012/dri...drink-expands-distribution-throughout-florida

Good post.

We have chia seed and almond milk as a breakfast alternative (though my wife is bored with it now), good to see it having potential in the soft drink market, but I'm not sure how mass produced it could be, sounds promising though.

I know Lipton were intending to use Stevia as their sweetener some years ago (for Ice Tea), but encountered alot of trouble getting it passed as an approved sweetener (think they lost a legal battle over it if memory serves), yet these turgid ingredients are somehow classified as OK.

There is a good article on processed fats on the healthy news site which covers what they do to commercially processed fats, it staggers the mind, I'll try to dig it out after work.

Sorry to folks who don't like reading this stuff, but me and JTS are not even at battle here so it should negate some of the most boring stuff! (Plus JTS has drawn me in, so it's mainly his fault!)

Back