• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Shopping

DHSF

Les Ferdinand
I am intending going shopping for stuff not neccessarily clothes but home furnishings etc. Then I got thinking that I could do everything online and buy everything online at a much cheaper deal.

WHAT THE fudge IS THE POINT OF GOING OUT SHOPPING NOW WHEN YOU CAN JUST BUY EVERYTHING ONLINE AT VASTLY CHEAPER PRICES? For example I need to buy a duvet and found it on Ebay for 48 quid less than what it was at Debenhams.

Anyone actually go shopping now? or do you guys just buy everything online? Or do you kinda do what I do and shop around in the out doors and then buy it online rather than in a shop? I do like the experience of going out shopping for furnishings etc but not when I can save like 300 quid doing so online instead

I buy virtually all our gadgets online - including most tools, fittings, etc. Saves a fortune.

I also do clothes occasionally but not always as choosing pants / shoes without fitting is very difficult, altough jackets / t-shirts is a bit easier.

Groceries however is a still done the old way.

I tend to go cloths shopping in the high street during the sales...Chainsaw spares and stuff for my business i also buy local, but every thing else the internet is the place to be.

I buy clothes from shops too I was just alluding to the other stuff... Even then you can go clothes shopping to to know the sizes to get and actually shop at the stores but you can then just go back and buy online or hell even buy on the phone. You may save a ton of cash just by doing that.

Its nice to go shopping and splashing your hard earned cash but liek I say when it saves you 48 quid on a duvet id rather buy online but because ive seen it, felt it etc im not hesitatant as I know what im getting for example.

I am intending going shopping for stuff not neccessarily clothes but home furnishings etc. Then I got thinking that I could do everything online and buy everything online at a much cheaper deal.

WHAT THE fudge IS THE POINT OF GOING OUT SHOPPING NOW WHEN YOU CAN JUST BUY EVERYTHING ONLINE AT VASTLY CHEAPER PRICES? For example I need to buy a duvet and found it on Ebay for 48 quid less than what it was at Debenhams.

Anyone actually go shopping now? or do you guys just buy everything online? Or do you kinda do what I do and shop around in the out doors and then buy it online rather than in a shop? I do like the experience of going out shopping for furnishings etc but not when I can save like 300 quid doing so online instead

Some things i have to see before i can decide whether or not i want them, so yeah shopping is still in, buts it's only window shopping as i write down what i like and buy it later online...

Women shop on the high street and men shop mail order, that is my experience. Although for me its because the choice on the high street for mens cloths is slim compared to the ladies options.

I try and avoid actual shopping if possible.

For stuff like DIY and that I still go to a real shop though. Food shopping is real too, I'd like to get that done for me but I don't want my neighbours to think I'm a lazy ****, even though I am. In my head that makes sense.

Some things i have to see before i can decide whether or not i want them, so yeah shopping is still in, buts it's only window shopping as i write down what i like and buy it later online...

Yeah thats precisely what I do - window shop then go on my phone google to see if there is cheaper then if so ill buy later at home.

Maybe as Boonie said it is a bloke thing that men shop online and women do the shopping on the streets etc.

Living in the middle of fudging nowhere leaves me with little choice. Unless I want to wear the same as every other guy in the area. Easier to go online and check in stead of driving for over an hour to a city and MAYBE find something that I like. So yeah, I buy pretty much everything online, if only I could order weed and groceries there I'd be a hermit.

I buy clothes from shops too I was just alluding to the other stuff... Even then you can go clothes shopping to to know the sizes to get and actually shop at the stores but you can then just go back and buy online or hell even buy on the phone. You may save a ton of cash just by doing that.

Its nice to go shopping and splashing your hard earned cash but liek I say when it saves you 48 quid on a duvet id rather buy online but because ive seen it, felt it etc im not hesitatant as I know what im getting for example.

This is why 100 retailers have gone to brick this year. Comet being the latest casualty.

Everybody is waking up to the economies of scale / tax avoidance offered by online businesses.

Why pay £100 for something you can get for £60, off the internet.

It's really only pikeys and old people that do all their buying in a shopping centre on a Saturday morning.

I went to my local aquatics shop the other day

Water testing kit - £37
Two light bulbs - £50

£87 they wanted.

In the end I paid £43 for both (the same items, fully boxed, brand new), including delivery, on Amazon.

I fudging hate shopping. Not so much the cost either but the people. Supermarkets are the worst. Ignorant fudgers everywhere,usually with about 6 kids in tow;leave the little bastards at home...it's not a playground. And that's not even in Asda.

Do as much online as possible.

Us online shoppers can't complain when there's nothing but supermarkets decorating our streets as oppose to bookshops, record stores and other such places that are actually a pleasant experience to shop in

Women shop on the high street and men shop mail order, that is my experience. Although for me its because the choice on the high street for mens cloths is slim compared to the ladies options.

Tend to agree with this. I'm 6ft 1" and that puts me on the borderline for High St. clothing. I find most shops stock less in the size that fits me and they always tell me that I can order for store delivery, so I save time and order online 1st.

Last edited:
I buy my stuff online, yet I like DIY stores as its my little payback to the misses for making me shop with her sometimes.

I will generally though as a rule still use the highstreet to check stuff out if its a large purchase like a flatty, mattress, etc

Used to love spending an afternoon in my local dance record store listening to all the new white labels that had come in. Those were the days.

Even going into town and that special journey to black market records. (is that even still around).. time to google.

I used to love going to Blackmarket, Unity records and Daddy Armshouse in Hitchin (Nookie's shop). Also MASH on Oxford street for clubwear.

I get at least 90% of stuff online. I will do my research, sometimes go to shops to play around on gadgets to get a feel for them before I buy them, but I will then go home and buy it online much cheaper. Pretty much the only things I buy in shops are clothes, because I always need to try stuff on to see if it fits as I'm a slightly odd shape, (small waist, very long legs). I'm surprised some shops can still exist with all the online competition.

BARBIEBOOTS.jpg

I fudging hate shopping. Not so much the cost either but the people. Supermarkets are the worst. Ignorant fudgers everywhere,usually with about 6 kids in tow;leave the little bastards at home...it's not a playground. And that's not even in Asda.

Do as much online as possible.

you've obviously never visualised your trolley as a tacoering-ram

DHSF has just sent me a PM saying he is in the YMCA and he is never leaving, something about his sort of stuff in there........

think he just wants to meet the village people...

Back