• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Thats the strange thing because I havent noticed any such stick of note on anything like a consistent basis. Unless of course he reads sites like this where match threads could be full of vitriol when he plays badly, but would he really read sites like this? Maybe this thread specifically on him if he had a spare hour to kill?

Was an angry celebration thats for sure and he has previous for doing strange things. Fwiw if he did mean it, I dont think he was outright aiming it to hit someone but more shouting fudge off angrily and then in tandem showing his disdain further by aiming spit near them but not intending to hit them.

All very strange nonetheless but we all move on and must remember life must be hard for a 26 year old on around 70k pw and a few harsh words on football forums must make it almost intolerable.
Sorry, but what you earn is irrelevant - if you’re getting abused it’s going to have an effect on you regardless, footballers aren’t robots....

Every decent team we play against will be targeting him and the space in behind him.

We'll have to change things or give up central midfield by making one of central midfielders cover for him.

Every decent team we play against will be targeting him and the space in behind him.

We'll have to change things or give up central midfield by making one of central midfielders cover for him.
Fully expect McNeil for Burnley to sit right up top against him and let him go forward. McNeil can cross really well and has a decent shot too
We cannot keep on giving up the key area of the pitch for his weaknesses

Aurier’s crossing has been fairly decent lately but his radar was well off last night whilst Sissoko basically vacated midfield duties in order to cover at RB and Moura was anonymous.

EDD2765D-04E3-4CA9-A02E-10FB16B106FC.png

Mourinho probably told Aurier and Sissoko to do exactly what they did!
No matter who plays on the right he will look to be covered.

This.
As soon as I saw the line up, you just knew Jose had felt it necessary to play Moussa in "the baby-sitting role", which would then leave Winks fighting solo in the centre.
So it was easy for Man U to fizz balls into the front men from deep, completely by-passing Winks. Who in turn didn't help himself by getting a needless booking early doors, which effectively ruled him out of closing and pressing with much tenacity.

Aurier’s crossing has been fairly decent lately but his radar was well off last night whilst Sissoko basically vacated midfield duties in order to cover at RB and Moura was anonymous.

View attachment 7796

It's almost as if Aurier is consistently inconsistent. Today in breaking news...

This.
As soon as I saw the line up, you just knew Jose had felt it necessary to play Moussa in "the baby-sitting role", which would then leave Winks fighting solo in the centre.
So it was easy for Man U to fizz balls into the front men from deep, completely by-passing Winks. Who in turn didn't help himself by getting a needless booking early doors, which effectively ruled him out of closing and pressing with much tenacity.

I don't see why Sissoko couldn't have done that from the right as he's done before. Unless Dier wasn't ready for another start in quick succession.

I do wonder what Foyth and KWP will have to do to get a start.
It’s only been 4 games and Aurier has done well in the first games but didn’t have into defend much, I hope that Jose now gives either of those two an opportunity to play the same role for 4 games. I’m sure KWP offers more on the ball and Foyth should have more discipline defensively, whilst also being a better in possession.
Ironically the amount of times Aurier was the extra man and hit a brick cross made me think that even out of form Trippier would have benefited from the current incarnation of the role.

It’s only been 4 games and Aurier has done well in the first games but didn’t have into defend much, I hope that Jose now gives either of those two an opportunity to play the same role for 4 games. I’m sure KWP offers more on the ball and Foyth should have more discipline defensively, whilst also being a better in possession.
Ironically the amount of times Aurier was the extra man and hit a brick cross made me think that even out of form Trippier would have benefited from the current incarnation of the role.
I don't know about that, Trippier was as bad if not worse than Aurier defensively and KWP as much as I want him to be the answer is very weak and easy bypassed. All three's strengths lie in the attack and not defense.

If we want a defensively strong RB it will require purchasing one or repurposing Foyth as a RB because we otherwise do not have the raw materials.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I don't know about that, Trippier was as bad if not worse than Aurier defensively and KWP as much as I want him to be the answer is very weak and easy bypassed. All three's strengths lie in the attack and not defense.

If we want a defensively strong RB it will require purchasing one or repurposing Foyth as a RB because we otherwise do not have the raw materials.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk
The point I was making that Aurier is now playing as a wingback so his defensive responsibility is less but he’s also an outlet, so we’d be better off having someone who can play the ball in.
I’m looking at a short term fix in lieu of signing someone good enough to play in a back 4 but still provide an attacking option. Foyth I’ve not seen enough of to judge and KWP I remember getting bullied by Antonio but never really letting us down. It seems to me Mourinho has played the wonky to mask Auriers deficiencies but I’ve seen enough of him to say that I’d rather give someone else a go in the role he has been asked to play.

This.

Well when Winks is effectively your only central midfielder you are going to be truly fudged. All this because we do not have a right back that can actually defend

That gives us a quandary with the wide player on the right. Moura Is not as accomplished sticking wide and Son isn't as good on the right.

To be honest Id play the way we do now but consider Lo Celso rather than Moura. I think he is more diligent and more likely to help us in the midfield.

Essentially like a really good version of what Sissoko was doing against Bournemouth.

That said, I think there are a number of workable things - but none are ideal as yet.

So if Aurier really is the root of all evil, flip the wonky and we can still play the same way (effectively) while removing him from the team.

Back