• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/psg-didnt-respect-my-true-worth-tottenham-new-boy-aurier

"I wanted a new life because PSG didn't respect my true worth," Aurier said ahead of his potential Premier League debut against Everton on Saturday. "They dwelt on other matters beside football.

"Statistically speaking, I am the most influential defender in Ligue 1 between 2013 and now. I have also won nine trophies with PSG. There are more striking things about my career than what happened off the field, but this is what they preferred to linger over.

"I feel free now. PSG offered me a new three-year deal, but I have left them for a new adventure. I turned them down for a number of reasons. I want to discover a new way of life.

"I got on well with everyone at the club - bosses, players, coaches and fans - and the proof comes from the fact they wanted to keep me. But I had to think of myself. It is a personal decision.

"I had some business with the police that was blown up by the media in Europe. Normally when a matter goes on for a year or more they move on to something else. But in my case there was far too much of a fuss. If I hadn’t been mentally strong I would have cracked up.

"I could have stayed another year or two. PSG's president Nasser Al-Khelaifi is like a second father to me and the team is like a family. I hurt some people with my decision to leave, but that is life. I wanted to see a new world."

roostery little fudger, isn't he? That could be both good and bad. Good in that he comes across a confident player. Bad if his roosteriness boils over into other areas.

roostery little fudger, isn't he? That could be both good and bad. Good in that he comes across a confident player. Bad if his roosteriness boils over into other areas.
Seems Dele Alli like in mentality.
There are two types of taco in football;
The Costa/Fabregas type who are just blatant cheats and thugs.

And the Alli type who are roostery little bricks and do dingdongish things, but are not cheats or deliberately violent.

Love it or hate it, most winning teams had players that intimidate the opposition - I like the type we have. Almost like the "lovable rouge"

Happy with the statements on diversity, glad it has been addressed openly and intelligently. And overjoyed we have a pacey RB option. All round good stuff.

And the Alli type who are roostery little bricks and do dingdongish things, but are not cheats or deliberately violent.

Love it or hate it, most winning teams had players that intimidate the opposition - I like the type we have. Almost like the "lovable rouge"

Wait till Alli flips him the bird!

It is very possible that we will end up being a stepping stone for Serge. If he matures and shows he has learnt from his mistakes and let's his football do the talking then the big offers will quickly come in, even after a year or two.

Tbh im already prepared for him to leave within 2 years. Either after being a roaring success or instead after being a controversial so and so;). There are no grey areas with Serge. It ain't gonna be dull that's for sure:)

It is very possible that we will end up being a stepping stone for Serge. If he matures and shows he has learnt from his mistakes and let's his football do the talking then the big offers will quickly come in, even after a year or two.

Tbh im already prepared for him to leave within 2 years. Either after being a roaring success or instead after being a controversial so and so;). There are no grey areas with Serge. It ain't gonna be dull that's for sure:)

Really? Why?

He's already quoted as saying his move to us wasn't about the money so if that's true and we continue to push on as we have then I can't see that there will be too many other clubs out there to tempt him away. I guess a lot will depend on how he settles both on and off the pitch.

Really? Why?

He's already quoted as saying his move to us wasn't about the money so if that's true and we continue to push on as we have then I can't see that there will be too many other clubs out there to tempt him away. I guess a lot will depend on how he settles both on and off the pitch.

this move wasnt about money, but that doesnt mean if in the future he is offered 200k a week elsewhere he wont be tempted. Im just being realistic and will simply enjoy him at Spurs for however long that may be, short or long term.

Ours
Really? Why?

It's one thing to not take the money at a club where you don't feel comfortable and another to take it from a new club where your starting fresh.

Dele is a nasty prick on the pitch. I hope Aurier is the same. But it's more off the pitch that I'm worried. Off the pitch Dele is a sweetheart, so that's where the similarities end.

Dele or whoever yes need to be competitive and yes 'combative' BUT stupid and dangerous (band for 3 matches in CL) are not trates should to be lauded.
Both Davinson and Serge have hard work ahead on them as they learn and adapt to the EPL.
Davinson is quite green when comes to decision making. He has great teacher though in Pochettino.

Both Davinson and Serge have hard work ahead on them as they learn and adapt to the EPL.
Davinson is quite green when comes to decision making. He has great teacher though in Pochettino.

Sure, plus the Belgians they'll be playing alongside.

Back