• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Ah sorry, you said in your post that “there were 5 or 6 in that game that we’re equally as wrong”. I don’t remember seeing any other foul throws to be honest.
One foot off of the floor is also a foul throw so equally as wrong, no? Kane took a quick throw in against WBA on Saturday where he was jogging as he took it. I couldn't believe that the lino didn't flag it.

Ah sorry, you said in your post that “there were 5 or 6 in that game that we’re equally as wrong”. I don’t remember seeing any other foul throws to be honest.
Most people don't notice as it's become so common, and it's almost never penalized. Most long throws are done with one hand (the other hand merely supporting the ball) which is not allowed. Bale is a prime example of that. One foot off the ground is the other common foul. Extreme cases like Aurier are not common, but most times when the thrower takes a run, both feet are not on the ground when they throw.

One foot off of the floor is also a foul throw so equally as wrong, no? Kane took a quick throw in against WBA on Saturday where he was jogging as he took it. I couldn't believe that the lino didn't flag it.

I wasn't the one who brought up the scale of "wrongness".

The point I made is it was the most obvious foul throw I’d seen, it was frankly embarrassing and semantics won’t change that.

Showed again what a liability he is. He was very lucky not to get sent off again. And then he goes and kicks the corner flag.

Has he learned nothing?

I'd have Walker Peters over him all day until he sorts his temper/decision making out.

Showed again what a liability he is. He was very lucky not to get sent off again. And then he goes and kicks the corner flag.

Has he learned nothing?

I'd have Walker Peters over him all day until he sorts his temper/decision making out.

Agreed!
Walker-Peters looks both talented and teachable. Aurier still looks a bit bonkers.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He definitely had some very good involvement, but also some shaky moments in addition to the tackle for the card and flag kick.

When he thought the ball was going out of play, then failed to put any pressure on their winger I got flashbacks to the Leicester goal.

On the other hand the talent is clearly there. Not sure dropping him for KWP is the best way to develop that talent...

Apart from the red card tackle and kicking the corner flag, he looked quite good yesterday, I thought. Got around his man a few times and got a few devilish crosses in.

I was thinking last night, he is 90% a top performer.

But...

...There is that 1/10 moment in every performance where he just does something reckless.

Its a real shame. I think without that he would be insanely good in no time. As it is, we need to work on getting that out of his system before we can work on making him consistently good.

But...

...There is that 1/10 moment in every performance where he just does something reckless.

Its a real shame. I think without that he would be insanely good in no time. As it is, we need to work on getting that out of his system before we can work on making him consistently good.

Fortunately as long as he is willing to learn these are things can be worked on, he has all the tools just needs the right application.

But...

It looks like he is doing things on pure instincts. And that can be hard to teach.

Has he learned nothing?

Wasn't there something great though that he was the only player going full pelt for everything, even in a dead rubber game

I thought he was good and a willing runner all night. Watching him I was thinking that this was a performance whose main purpose is to persuade Poch of his worth, and I'd say he has helped his cause in that regards. Shows his attitude I would say.

Even though there is that omg moment where he loses his zhit, I think we're that much more dynamic with him and Rose playing. Sure there will be times where they need to rush back, and its a little last ditch, but overall, the team functions better with attack minded full backs.

Even though there is that omg moment where he loses his zhit, I think we're that much more dynamic with him and Rose playing. Sure there will be times where they need to rush back, and its a little last ditch, but overall, the team functions better with attack minded full backs.
Trippier is very much attack minded. 4 assists in the league, 2 in the CL so far this season. Very good pass and move player, finds and uses space very well, brilliant crosser.

Back