• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

I like Aurier. Clear talent. Everyone looked suspect tonight. Not a game to judge him on. Rose and Aurier need to play regularly imo. Let them settle.

Oh, I'm not sure Rose has done enough to warrant further first team play.

Aurier? Absolutely. He shows all the speed of thought, bravery and brashness that was once associated with Tugboat Danny Rose.

Oh, I'm not sure Rose has done enough to warrant further first team play.

Aurier? Absolutely. He shows all the speed of thought, bravery and brashness that was once associated with Tugboat Danny Rose.

Rose was constantly getting into threatening positions. He didn't always use the ball perfectly, but was a threat. Threaded a nice ball into Kane, beat his man, made a goal line clearance. More than enough for me. Aurier just has the technical ability. Can play out of tight situations, played a perfect pass to set Sissoko free on the break. Both need to play regularly to allow the mistakes to be eradicated imo.

I was happy we signed him but he is proving to be so erratic.
That was his reputation from PSG. Will take time to sort out, if Pochettino can sort it out.

For now he remains a clear backup to Trippier imo. And I'm delighted we have Trippier who is better at everything other than running quickly.

I think he looks awful, doesn't really offer anything. Makes strange decisions. We are really struggling without Walker. I think we should just play Trippier now. Stop rotating.

Does Aurier run quickly? I know that was his reputation as well, but I’ve seen no evidence of it yet.
Not blistering like Walker, but quicker than Trippier I think.
I think he looks awful, doesn't really offer anything. Makes strange decisions. We are really struggling without Walker. I think we should just play Trippier now. Stop rotating.
He has talent and quality. But he's very inconsistent and makes some strange decisions.

Trippier is first choice now I think. But some rotation makes sense.

KWP is younger/inexperienced, but he might be safer and not so erratic. It's a shame his development is being slowed by now being third choice because of Auriers arrival

What is everyone on about? He wasn't bad yesterday. Not fudging amazing, but certainly not the worst on out there last night! That cross for Llorente was class. And to be fair, 90% of all throws are not done according to the rules. It just gets very obvious when the ref, for some reason, suddenly decides that today is the day for actually making a point of it. There were 5-6 throws afterwards that were equally wrong.

What is everyone on about? He wasn't bad yesterday. Not fudging amazing, but certainly not the worst on out there last night! That cross for Llorente was class. And to be fair, 90% of all throws are not done according to the rules. It just gets very obvious when the ref, for some reason, suddenly decides that today is the day for actually making a point of it. There were 5-6 throws afterwards that were equally wrong.

It is a tough one. The cross was brilliant so I want to see him get to that position more; he has the wheels and tools to do it, so do it! I think there is trepidation based on our defensive shape being off due to Toby...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Poor defending for their opener. Quite a few misplaced passes and poor decisions. Poor crossing for most of the game. The throw was just ridiculous.

Excellent cross for Llorente, one very nice pass for Sissoko. But his attacking impact wasn't up to scratch overall.

Not a good game, and he keeps making cheap errors.

Not our worst player, but not good enough. And adding to a now substantial list of sub standard games.

Don’t really disagree with you other than the foul throw bit, it was fudging outrageous, i’ve not seen a more obvious foul throw in my life, both feet were off the ground! Would love to see the other 5 or 6 throws that we’re as wrong as that?

Don’t really disagree with you other than the foul throw bit, it was fudging outrageous, i’ve not seen a more obvious foul throw in my life, both feet were off the ground! Would love to see the other 5 or 6 throws that we’re as wrong as that?
As wrong as that? There isn't a scale. It's either done correctly, or it's not. Auriers was very obvious, but that doesn't change that most throw ins taken are actually foul throw ins.

As wrong as that? There isn't a scale. It's either done correctly, or it's not. Auriers was very obvious, but that doesn't change that most throw ins taken are actually foul throw ins.
Ah sorry, you said in your post that “there were 5 or 6 in that game that we’re equally as wrong”. I don’t remember seeing any other foul throws to be honest.

Back