• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

Sorry but this criticism is well over the top. I was wondering when the hell someone was going to challenge Kroos, he was just waltzing towards goal - are you just meant to do nothing? He was in a seriously dangerous position and he went down to challenge BEFORE Kroos lost control. In a split second are you telling me he should have known he was going to have a poor touch and give the ball to Toby?! It is Kroos, I think not. If he hadn't of had that poor touch people would have said why did he just let him have a shot on goal. Aren't we a bunch of experts with hindsight, if only Aurier and co had such powers......

In about four appearances he's been sent off and conceded a penalty. Slide tackling from behind, in the box, is rarely a good idea. He makes a habit of going to ground which when done constantly is schoolboy error stuff.

Yeah obviously he has some flaws in his game but then that's probably why he's signing for us and not the elite European clubs - (we need to take rough diamonds and give them a polish) there's clearly enough there to work with though and last night I thought he was one of our best attacking outlets, as well as doing well defensively (only saw second half tbf)

In about four appearances he's been sent off and conceded a penalty. Slide tackling from behind, in the box, is rarely a good idea. He makes a habit of going to ground which when done constantly is schoolboy error stuff.
I have seen enough to think he will be a massive asset as he improves hos defensive decision making. His attacking play is very good, he is very direct and good on the ball. I thought everything he did defensively (other than the rash challenge for the pen) was also very good indeed. Madrid's movement, touch and passing is up there with the best in the World and he dealt with numerous threats quite comfortably. I was also impressed with his decision making in terms of when to get forward and when to stay back. He and Sissoko were positionally perfect pretty much all night last night. I would imagine Poch was really pleased with them.

He is a liability at the moment. For me, you can have a brilliant game for 89 minutes and make a mistake that leads to a goal and that's what I will judge you on. These players are playing at the highest level. Ramon Vegas used to have very good games but would often make critical mistakes. He was always labelled with that tag. Aurier is gaining a reputation and will be seen as a weak link. I would play Trippier in the bigger games and try to coach out his mistakes

I didnt say hes never done something wrong, I was talking about that specific incident. In terms of the bigger picture, he needs a full pre season with Poch before fully up to speed like almost every other player....

Anyone that watched his YouTube compilation back in the Summer when we were heavily linked, would know from that video alone that the guy loves (and i mean LOVES!!) a slide tackle. It's full of them.
Problem is, most clips were cut just after the tackle so you had no real idea of where the ball then went (to an opponent?) whilst he was still sat on his arse!

I think he's a top top player, but he will get singled out for this kind of thing by both fans and more worryingly, the opposition. They'll target him for pens.

It wasn't just the pen either. He'd made a lung bursting run in second half to camp his opponent in at corner flag. Then just needlessly shoved him to give away the foul.
He can't seem to help himself.

Anyone that watched his YouTube compilation back in the Summer when we were heavily linked, would know from that video alone that the guy loves (and i mean LOVES!!) a slide tackle. It's full of them.
Problem is, most clips were cut just after the tackle so you had no real idea of where the ball then went (to an opponent?) whilst he was still sat on his arse!

I think he's a top top player, but he will get singled out for this kind of thing by both fans and more worryingly, the opposition. They'll target him for pens.

It wasn't just the pen either. He'd made a lung bursting run in second half to camp his opponent in at corner flag. Then just needlessly shoved him to give away the foul.

Rose and Alli are the same. But it's what makes them such fierce competitors. You don't want to tame it too much.

Didn't we once used to say that about Danny Rose? Wanyama also arrived with a bit of a rep but you'd hardly know it now.

So, to recycle another poster's phrase, just wait 'til he's been Poched!

He was excellent other than the pen. Ok people will say giving a pen away is enough but people give penalties away every game all round the world, does not make them a liability makes them human, thats for anyone thats played the game.

Was Verts a liability for being sent off and banned? Alli? No its part of the game, do you wish they did not do it? Sure but I wish Kane tucked the effort away last night, he didn't but I am not going to slag the bloke.

This culture of slagging in the game is beyond a joke

Before he signed I thought he went to ground too often (from the YT vids) and he clearly does. But don't worry Poch will help him develop patience and pragmatism. We've seen it with Rose especially and Walker. They used to rush into challenges but became well balanced, knowing when to attack and when to hold. Aurier is only 24. His ability on the ball is exceptional! He is a quality quality player imo. Excited by him. Again we have two fantastic, complementary RBs. Trippier a bit older and more solid, and if he is sold in a couple of years, there's KWP. Conveyor belt.

He is a liability at the moment. For me, you can have a brilliant game for 89 minutes and make a mistake that leads to a goal and that's what I will judge you on. These players are playing at the highest level. Ramon Vegas used to have very good games but would often make critical mistakes. He was always labelled with that tag. Aurier is gaining a reputation and will be seen as a weak link. I would play Trippier in the bigger games and try to coach out his mistakes
What if that 89 mins included scoring a hat-trick and making multiple goal-line clearances? ;)

Thought he was generally very good last night and goodto see him taking on the full back and looking for a cross. In this respect he is far better than Trippier whose first thought this season seems to be to pass sideways or backwards before taking a player on.

I also though Aurier was fouled in the build up to the penalty - one of a number of fouls not given our way in the first half. While there is no excuse for lunging in as he did for the pen this might have contributed to his rush of blood

Thought he was generally very good last night and goodto see him taking on the full back and looking for a cross. In this respect he is far better than Trippier whose first thought this season seems to be to pass sideways or backwards before taking a player on.

I also though Aurier was fouled in the build up to the penalty - one of a number of fouls not given our way in the first half. While there is no excuse for lunging in as he did for the pen this might have contributed to his rush of blood

His urgency in attack is way ahead of Trippier and his crossing is decent too (Trippier is the best in the league IMO), but that urgency needs to be controlled more in defensive situations

Didn't see the match and haven't watched highlights yet; would it be fair to say Aurier conceding the penalty was overall balanced out by his involvement in our attacks and especially our goal?

I’d say so

Their goal was a sequence of slick quick passes and he acted like he was the last man trying to block a shot

He went forward several times really well and at one point was on his own down the wing

It's a rash disorder that can be easily cured with the appropriate Poch treatment.

Didn't see the match and haven't watched highlights yet; would it be fair to say Aurier conceding the penalty was overall balanced out by his involvement in our attacks and especially our goal?
i'd say that it was going to be a goal anyway. it was a last ditch attempt that failed, could have happened to anyone. i don't blame aurier for the penalty today

Back