• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Ticket Renewal Talk

Pretty much except for a few hundred 1882 seats and a handful of seats in the upper parts of the sides (I count 14).

Fatfish59 on SSC counted the 1882 seats:

Just shows how misjudged it was to carve out those expensive seats in the middle of the South Stand. I think at £2200 they are the most expensive football season tickets (excluding corporate) in Europe if not the world

Just shows how misjudged it was to carve out those expensive seats in the middle of the South Stand. I think at £2200 they are the most expensive football season tickets (excluding corporate) in Europe if not the world

Unquestionably true, if you define corporate in a particular way. But they are semi-corporate in that the price comes with extras, the food and drink the the private facility to consume them in. They don't just cover the ticket. It's an entertainment package.

If we don't count the 1882 seats, the £1995 tickets in the West and East stand would be the most expensive. Arsenal have some marginally more expensive (£2005?) but they include seven cup games.

While I agree that putting the 1882 seats in the south stand is a mistake, I don't think they have misjudge the "product" and the ability to sell them. There aren't many left and the rest of the south stand has sold out. People who want to sit there will buy the remaining tickets. I was surprised that the side stand 1882 tickets sold faster. This suggests the club have identified a market niche, but they could have used left it out of the south stand.

Sad that in 6 hours time, I’ll never be a season ticket holder again in my life. :( I’d love to renew but I have to take step back. I can’t commit the time and money to it that I’d like to.

I understand your sadness mate i really do, i have had my ticket for decades and been on the point of packing it in ( the old lady moaning about the price/ being away a lot, i dislike the way the game is nowadays, my age and all the travelling etc, etc). However i have renewed again because i could not bear it to wake up one day and relise that my weekly high is no more.

well we don't have to pay until after the season is over.

Funnily enough there was a guy on the train home saying something similar to his 5/6 yearold son. Along the lines of "I'll have to have a serious think over the next couple of weeks whether to pay the rest of the season ticket money or not". Might be one or two more like him after today :rolleyes:

Funnily enough there was a guy on the train home saying something similar to his 5/6 yearold son. Along the lines of "I'll have to have a serious think over the next couple of weeks whether to pay the rest of the season ticket money or not". Might be one or two more like him after today :rolleyes:

People would say that's knee jerking but you know what, I don't blame him. What exactly are we paying all that extra money for? It won't be for increased wages to keep Alderweireld at the club or signing the likes of Bale, Martial etc. It will be to pay off interest on loans for the stadium of a team that haven't won a trophy in over a decade and pay the wages of the chairman who is happy have a pay rise himself. You literally couldn't make it up and yet people will defend it like sheep. I don't object to him having a big pay rise but then if its good for the goose......

Behave the lot of you ... seriously thinking about not going to the stadium over the FA cup semi.

I have a terrible feeling that we are gong to have arsenal fam like fans once we start playing in our new stadium

Here he is:

Although I do feel his pain.

Last edited:
Do you live in London or come over for the home matches from Belfast?

I live in Belfast, but one of my daughters has been living in London for the last 5 years, so it saves me accommodation costs. Although I stayed at The Arch, Wembley last weekend. Lunchtime kick offs are good as well for me. There and back in one day. Usually back home in time for MOTD, when @paxtonwolf is still on the M6. :D

Normally get over about 10 times a season, and was able to post my ticket on the exchange a few times, so I've some money in my Spurs account to help offset the cost for next year. Not sure what I'll do after next season, but I've enjoyed having a season ticket, proud as punch!

Paying over ten months was a good option, about £77 a month, obviously that will increase. I delude myself by saying that it's only the price of a Cat A game a month.

Back