• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Scott Parker

No point in selling him. People really underestimate how important it is to have a good squad. We have to keep the likes of Dawson, Huddlestone and Parker.

No point in selling him. People really underestimate how important it is to have a good squad. We have to keep the likes of Dawson, Huddlestone and Parker.

In an ideal world if we have unlimited funds and players are happy to go weeks and weeks without playing. Hudd and Dawson are on decent wages but Parker has to be on around £300k per month.
I cannot see him wanting to be a bench player either.

In an ideal world if we have unlimited funds and players are happy to go weeks and weeks without playing. Hudd and Dawson are on decent wages but Parker has to be on around £300k per month.
I cannot see him wanting to be a bench player either.

Why is he going to be a bench player? Even if he doesn't start every game, he'll surely play his fair share. Sandro's already looking near to burnt out.

Also, i'm sure there will be times when playing a midfield 3 of parker, sandro and dembele would be justified and work.

Why is he going to be a bench player? Even if he doesn't start every game, he'll surely play his fair share. Sandro's already looking near to burnt out.

Also, i'm sure there will be times when playing a midfield 3 of parker, sandro and dembele would be justified and work.

How have you come to that conclusion then?

Whilst i'm not sure he's looking burnt out, he's not as fresh as he was, and the Christmas schedule is usually punishing.

Anyone who has played as much as he has with the way he plays and how much effort he puts in as well as trained every week would look the same. He definitely needs a break and I think he needs one against Panathinaikos. He DOESNT need to play. Livermore or Huddlestone are more than capable of doing what Sandro does against the likes of Panathinaikos (no disrespect to them). Keep him that extra bit fresh for Everton at the weekend, he has a tough job with Fellaini.

Whilst i'm not sure he's looking burnt out, he's not as fresh as he was, and the Christmas schedule is usually punishing.

how can you tell he isnt fresh? curious because i havent noticed it on he box..i would IMAGINE that he isnt fresh..but with the naked eye i cant really tell

Or maybe just easing him self back in nice and gentle as you would - oops sorry we're talking Parker here.

One thing that has not been mentioned about Parker is that when he plays he helps our posession game, he wins it and plays it, keeps it simple, its been said on here that when he carries the ball and breaks forward he looks out of his depth, that may be true but at least he recognises the need to do it and tries to make the difference.

One thing that has not been mentioned about Parker is that when he plays he helps our posession game, he wins it and plays it, keeps it simple, its been said on here that when he carries the ball and breaks forward he looks out of his depth, that may be true but at least he recognises the need to do it and tries to make the difference.

It was the same with Jenas - sideways passing. He along with Parker does keep possession. It may not go anywhere but if the opposition dont have the ball they cant hurt you

It was the same with Jenas - sideways passing. He along with Parker does keep possession. It may not go anywhere but if the opposition dont have the ball they cant hurt you

Whats funny is people slagged JJ off for it but prostrate themselves at Parker's feet. If JJ actually had motivation he'd be a good player, he's just too much in the comfort zone to want to bust a gut.

Whats funny is people slagged JJ off for it but prostrate themselves at Parker's feet. If JJ actually had motivation he'd be a good player, he's just too much in the comfort zone to want to bust a gut.

Do you know if it's the same people? ;)

I do rate Parker over Jenas when it comes to tackling and effort. Jenas often seemed to just coast through games.

Back