• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Schedules

alekaras

The ITK of IDK
Maybe this has been posted before, but it irks me that our next match is on a Monday night before an EL tie. Would it have killed the FA to schedule us on a Monday after an EL tie?!

What annoys me is I'm in London every year for the hallowe'en weekend and it's almost always an away game. This year it's home and they move it to the Monday
Not fair

It's not the FA. It's Sky wanting to put us on TV however we'd still have to accept the game which teams always do as they get more money for being on TV obviously.

Maybe we thought we'd still be in the League Cup when it was accepted. We are at home next 2 games so no travelling needed which should lessen the impact a bit.

The FA don't schedule the games - SKY or BT do. They have all the power really

And it's one of the Monday night games where we have to play a certain number of them IIRC as well

What's happened to the Friday night game ?

It's actually the Premier League who decide the schedule. Nothing to do with the FA.

It's also the Premier League who structure their TV deals in a way that lets their broadcasters pick and move the games.

^^^^^^^^^^^
there won't be more Friday night games this season, they sheduled just two of them for the whole season.

The FA may not be responsible for these fixtures but they will do nothing to help us. In the past we have had to play 5 games in 10 days and we start with an away games far more than any other team and frequently are treated to an away day trip on the last day, needless to say this is a disadvantage to us and a major bonus to Woolwich.

Maybe this has been posted before, but it irks me that our next match is on a Monday night before an EL tie. Would it have killed the FA to schedule us on a Monday after an EL tie?!

Its no different than the Sunday Wednesday games the Champion's League teams have.
I'd rather a Monday game in between two Thursday Europa games than a Sunday game.

Its no different than the Sunday Wednesday games the Champion's League teams have.
I'd rather a Monday game in between two Thursday Europa games than a Sunday game.
You mean you would rather play on Sunday rather than a Monday after a Thursday game? That doesn't make much sense. It's less rest time for the players.

Of course, but we don't have that. Unbelievable really, the one time we actually get a Monday night match we don't have a Thursday evening EL game beforehand. Which makes the Monday night match rather pointless and actually a disadvantage to us. Villa still get enough time to recover from their League Cup match, while we now play three matches in one week.

As I said Spurs agreed to the match being televised and moved, teams as far as I'm aware are able to turn down a televised fixture but that then costs then a million or two in tv money so I've never heard of it happening.

FC United of Manchester have rejected a request from the BBC to reschedule their upcoming FA Cup tie because football "is not a TV game show".

The National League North club were asked to move their fourth qualifying round tie against Sporting Khalsa.

The BBC's request came part of their 'Mobile Match of the Day' concept, which hopes to involve presenters and pundits talking with fans, managers and even substitutes on the bench watching their side in action.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fo...-tv-request-to-move-fa-cup-tie-202537548.html

That was for the game on Saturday, they have been drawn at home again in the next round against Chesterfield.

The FA may not be responsible for these fixtures but they will do nothing to help us. In the past we have had to play 5 games in 10 days and we start with an away games far more than any other team and frequently are treated to an away day trip on the last day, needless to say this is a disadvantage to us and a major bonus to Woolwich.

I still don't understand what it's got to do with the FA, or what power they have to help us. The FA doesn't have any power or influence over when the Premier League schedules fixtures for its competition. They also don't have any influence on when the Football League schedules Capital One Cup games, or when UEFA schedules the Europa League.

The only scheduling where the FA has influence is for the FA Cup, which hasn't been a problem for us as far as I can remember.

Back