• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro

The worrying thing is that the person responsible for the fudge up is the administrator we poached off them - that Rebecca Caplehorn

The worrying thing is that the person responsible for the fudge up is the administrator we poached off them - that Rebecca Caplehorn

Caplehorn was the finance director at QPR, so it was unlikely to be her responsibility

PL club fields ineligible player multiple times?

very unlikely, expect the press have the wrong end of the stick here

West Ham get done for fielding a player for 2 minutes in the LC, nobody is going to miss a Brazilian playing 70 mins every week

PL club fields ineligible player multiple times?

very unlikely, expect the press have the wrong end of the stick here

West Ham get done for fielding a player for 2 minutes in the LC, nobody is going to miss a Brazilian playing 70 mins every week

It wasn't a registration issue, the club failed to apply for a work permit for Sandro. I suspect that the Premier League were not aware of it until the Home Office picked up on it and blocked him from playing at the end of the season.

The Standard article said that they have been banned from signing non-EU players. This means that they are unable to register Sandro for next season, as things stand.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-sandro-after-work-permit-gaffe-10323229.html

I'll be very surprised if this is QPR's fudge up, that kind of mistake is nigh on impossible these days, there are automated systems for this which cost peanuts

also, we signed him more than 5 years ago, he was sold to QPR directly, he's been drawing a PAYE wage continuously all this time,he's eligible for dual nationality now surely?

Wasn't it obvious there'd be problems signing for a clownshoes outfit such as QPR? To a man, they don't seem to know what they're are doing and it upsets me that Sandro is struggling in many ways whilst he is there. Surely he had better offers, he must have done.

I'll be very surprised if this is QPR's fudge up, that kind of mistake is nigh on impossible these days, there are automated systems for this which cost peanuts

also, we signed him more than 5 years ago, he was sold to QPR directly, he's been drawing a PAYE wage continuously all this time,he's eligible for dual nationality now surely?

The story seems legit, the Guardian has a bit more detail this morning

http://gu.com/p/49p8p

thanks

seems like it's his fault then and he was under a valid permit (which would cover the length of his contract) but didn't sort his visa, guess spurs must have his first one and he just forgot about renewing it

I suspect that visa need updating annually or when there is a change of circumstances and we had always done this for him and QPR didn't.

Just a paperwork formality. Quite amateurism from QPR as employers are informed of regulations. That said, the home office don't exactly excel keeping employers informed.

Either way, they should make him go to UKVI in Croydon and "experience" that process

Its the employers responsibility to ensure non-eu nationals have the appropriate clearance to work in this country.

Its the employers responsibility to check they have the clearance.
Its not the employers responsibility to inform of the requirement or do the application.

Helpfully UKVI inform employers of changes to the requirements but are pretty light on informing the immigrant population.

Its the employers responsibility to check they have the clearance.
Its not the employers responsibility to inform of the requirement or do the application.

Helpfully UKVI inform employers of changes to the requirements but are pretty light on informing the immigrant population.

Most football clubs have handlers to take care of all this kind of stuff for players. My guess is that he has moved from a club that has one to one that doesn't and had no idea about his visa or work permit.

Back