• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

When my father was representing professional footballers (admittedly a few years ago now). The very first question they would ask was 'How much money am I being offered?'. The second question would be 'which are the clubs who are offering the most money'?'. My Dad would often try to steer them to a club that would probably be better for their development in the long term, where perhaps the path to the first team was clearer or the management and coaching structure was more stable, but very, very rarely did the player turn down money and prestige.

The thing that you have to respect is that most young footballers have big egos. Their egos generally cause them to opt for the transfer to the biggest club interested as this gives them extra bragging rights. Typically there would only be three reasons why they may not do this:

1. The biggest club are not the one offering the biggest salary (this is a reasonably rare occurrence and often only happens when a club has had a money influx from a wealthy benefactor - i.e. when Emirates Marketing Project got taken over)
2. The player feels tied to a specific location (young players from the South can be hesitant to move up North and vice-versa)
3. The bigger clubs do not put as much into the transfer (i.e. the manager doesn't bother to speak to them) whereas the smaller club goes on the charm offensive and has the manager heavily involved in conversations with the player, their parents, etc, etc.

I would say that we could have a chance with a player like Sessegnon due to reasons 2 and 3 above.
Which is fair enough. Football is a fickle business and you can have your career destroyed through no fault of your own - bad management, wrong timing, bad tackle etc.
Bale almost suffered two of those!

A balance of competitive wages and opportunity to develop and play should attract the right profile of winner for us.

I think everything he is doing I would say a figure similar to what we paid for Sanchez would be appropriate. Shame we did not pay a little more earlier and we could have him in the team now.

Brerton at Forest is another who looks like he could come on over the next 18 months.

I think everything he is doing I would say a figure similar to what we paid for Sanchez would be appropriate. Shame we did not pay a little more earlier and we could have him in the team now.

Brerton at Forest is another who looks like he could come on over the next 18 months.

2 smashing young players there who would excel under Poch IMO

2 smashing young players there who would excel under Poch IMO

If he gave them a chance, I think young players need those 40-50 league games to get up to speed with mens football. I think it would do walker-peters a chance of making it, I do not think Kane would have made it without those loans.

All our young players could do with mens football, it seems accepted wisdom that youth football is not enough. Lots of different managers have said it, so I think the way round it is to loan players out. We are not doing so much of this anymore and apart from Winks our academy players look out of place.

Sessegnon has served his apprentice, he needs to come in. Brerton we should sign and then loan back for next season.

If he gave them a chance, I think young players need those 40-50 league games to get up to speed with mens football. I think it would do walker-peters a chance of making it, I do not think Kane would have made it without those loans.

All our young players could do with mens football, it seems accepted wisdom that youth football is not enough. Lots of different managers have said it, so I think the way round it is to loan players out. We are not doing so much of this anymore and apart from Winks our academy players look out of place.

Sessegnon has served his apprentice, he needs to come in. Brerton we should sign and then loan back for next season.

Agree

I am worried whether we will still go for sessegnon.

I very much doubt we'll get him in Jan. Its pretty common knowledge that we went for him in the summer but the comments from various people at FUlham have stated that they won't sell him in Jan. Given he'll be in such high demand and their comments (and in addition to RS not seeming to be ready to aggitate for an exit) I expect us to play this one quite diplomatically and wait til this summer. That said, I'd be surprised if we haven't made another enquiry this window

Why would Fulham entertain offers for Sessegnon now that could distract him? They’re in the play off places, doubt they’ll want to negotiate anything in this window....

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ke-gbp3m-bid-for-fulham-youngster_278923.html

Really glad to be linked with him, he is the one young english player from the lower leagues I really want, you might remember I did the Dele Alli thread a year before we signed him and I have the same feeling with young sessegnon, who though he is described as a left back, is as much a left back as Bale was at that stage.

Would not mind a buy and loan back for him.

Hope we get him by at least august 2018 more clubs will want him and his price will have gone up five fold.

Do we have a dedicated scout for the english leagues? we have had so much success over the years it would be a shame to neglect now we are producing gifted younger players.

I think England could be the new Belgium for talented youngsters.

Feels like it doesnt it. Going to miss out on the next huge english player who we should have signed 2 years ago.

What, when he was 15?

But of hyperbole there I think.

Sounds like we’ve been in touch and Fulham are aware of our interest. If and when the time is right, the time will be right.

Edit to say - both the young player and smaller club are much better served by his development there. How many games do we think he would have got behind Rose / Davies or our wing forwards.

The lad needs minutes and experience. When it’s time to step up, hopefully we’ll be at the head of the queue.

Back