• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I think we need to take all this with a pinch of salt. Everyone saying Foyth is flying in tomorrow and now others saying it's wide of the mark and we haven't agreed a fee yet.

No way Sessegnon chooses United and Mou of all people over us and Poch. All young players know Spurs is the place to be now. Besides United showing interest is most likely down to putting pressure on us over Rose. Madrid did the same with Valencia when they wanted Ronaldo and again with Dembele when they wanted Modric. It's an old trick. United and especially Mou can't be bothered with the effort of developing a youngster. They would much rather wait 5 years and if they've made it, they will happily bid 60m etc.

That being said, it is in our interests to get this deal done now as his value is only going to go up and spike more interest from other Clubs. Pay what it takes within reason and send him back their on loan for the season. Give them a 10% sell on clause and if Foyth is coming, give them CCV on loan for the season.

Anyone know what fulhams centre backs are like, would they want CCV and would he get plenty of game time? Also give them Nkoudou on loan for season and we pay all three players wages whilst they are their.

I think we need to take all this with a pinch of salt. Everyone saying Foyth is flying in tomorrow and now others saying it's wide of the mark and we haven't agreed a fee yet.

No way Sessegnon chooses United and Mou of all people over us and Poch. All young players know Spurs is the place to be now. Besides United showing interest is most likely down to putting pressure on us over Rose. Madrid did the same with Valencia when they wanted Ronaldo and again with Dembele when they wanted Modric. It's an old trick. United and especially Mou can't be bothered with the effort of developing a youngster. They would much rather wait 5 years and if they've made it, they will happily bid 60m etc.

That being said, it is in our interests to get this deal done now as his value is only going to go up and spike more interest from other Clubs. Pay what it takes within reason and send him back their on loan for the season. Give them a 10% sell on clause and if Foyth is coming, give them CCV on loan for the season.

Anyone know what fulhams centre backs are like, would they want CCV and would he get plenty of game time? Also give them Nkoudou on loan for season and we pay all three players wages whilst they are their.

"No way Sessegnon chooses United and Mou of all people over us and Poch." why ever not?

Top club , Top money. Doubt he's a Spurs fan!

But if we haven't made a bid, then he wouldn't be choosing anyone over us, as Spurs would not be an option for him. Alistair Gold is the second Spurs journalist to say we have not gone back in for Sessegnon. Time will tell whether they are right, but it does sound like the club might be briefing.
I agree that we should seem like a more attractive option for a young player looking for development. But equally the lure of a club like Utd can be very compelling.

But if we haven't made a bid, then he wouldn't be choosing anyone over us, as Spurs would not be an option for him. Alistair Gold is the second Spurs journalist to say we have not gone back in for Sessegnon. Time will tell whether they are right, but it does sound like the club might be briefing.
I agree that we should seem like a more attractive option for a young player looking for development. But equally the lure of a club like Utd can be very compelling.

The club briefing bit I like a lot, it has a logic to it!

The club briefing bit I like a lot, it has a logic to it!

Not something we seem to do a lot of. But it happened earlier in the window with the stories around Dier and Utd. The Spurs journalists were very quick to say word from within the club was that no offers for Dier would even be considered. We brief when it suits.
Maybe we want to kill the story as an assurance to Danny Rose, whom it would seem is now ok with staying after a long chat with Poch (as per the Mirror I think).

Part ex for Wimmer?

Mind. I can't see Wimmer going to the championship.

But I read that article as saying Wimmer is off to Stoke and Fulham will go for Engels

Jota is the interesting one. He is an attacker, Sessegnon is playing an attacking role;)

While I am not blind to the appeal of Utd, I think any young player like Sessegnon would be absolutely mental to choose them (or Chelsea/City/similar) over us.

There is a long list of players whose careers completely stalled with those moves, many never really recovering.

And by the same token, we are proven to nurture and develop these players eventually establishing them at the highest levels.

Back