• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

I like him.

He is a bit passive, I agree he needs to be bolder/have more belief, but I like him - he has the tools to be a big player.

I think we need to play to suit him a bit as well, there are numerous times he looks to make runs/makes runs and is ignored completely. If players can start feeding him we will see a lot more from him.

Alli in particular has been pretty naughty for basically ignoring him, but they've all been at it.

I like him.

He is a bit passive, I agree he needs to be bolder/have more belief, but I like him - he has the tools to be a big player.

I think we need to play to suit him a bit as well, there are numerous times he looks to make runs/makes runs and is ignored completely. If players can start feeding him we will see a lot more from him.

Alli in particular has been pretty naughty for basically ignoring him, but they've all been at it.

Alli has history of doing that to new signings, I think he ignored Sissoko for nearly 2 years

When with Fulham, he looked he could beat anyone with his space,with us he looks like he's carrying a couple of bags of shopping on his back!!!!......why do our players look so sluggish every time they play,starting with Alli??

Remember the golden period of when we closed down Emirates Marketing Project down and won 4-1 a few seasons back...

I think people might just be overrating how quick / skillful he actually is? In his breakout season at Fulham he averaged 1.2 dribbles per game - pretty low at best for a winger. And whilst his pace looks decent when I've seen him (incl. for England U21s), it hasn't looked electric to me.

I think his goals and assists that season have also been a bit misinterpreted - yes he got 16 goals and 8 assists, but that was in 48 starts! That works out at about 10 goals and 5 assists in 30 starts - not bad numbers, especially for someone so young, but not great numbers either, especially in the Championship. Then last season he got just 2 goals and 6 assists in about 30 starts in the Premier League (though obviously playing for a really struggling team, and still only 18 years old).

None of this is to cast any doubt on his potential, but I agree with others who've said that we shouldn't be expecting him suddenly to compete at a top 4 level this season.

Jesus Christ, 19 years of age, playing at bigger side with higher profile players, hardly played a lot of minutes, recovering from injury yet we expect more from him. I despair i really do at times. :rolleyes:

It's not a case of expecting more from him rather than wondering why he is in the side when he simply isn't up to playing at this level yet. I would agree that he needs time to develop, perhaps a loan is required?

It's not a case of expecting more from him rather than wondering why he is in the side when he simply isn't up to playing at this level yet. I would agree that he needs time to develop, perhaps a loan is required?

Trying him out i guess, you are right he is not ready to play on a regular basis but the way some of our more established players are doing at the moment i think we just had to give him a go.

Just seems to me that there is a over reaction to his performance.

I haven't seen anything in his games at left back to suggest that he is not up to playing at this level yet.

Circumstances have dictated that he gets his chance at left back earlier than planned but I think that he hasn't done much wrong and we should persist with him in the position until Davies is back.

The main criticism seems to be that he is being a bit conservative going forward. Isn't that understandable given his age, that he is settling in a new club, recovering from injury, stepped up a level, playing an unfamiliar position, adapting to a new manager and playing in a team with very low confidence?

His brother is a more energised and gutsy player the little i've seen of him.
Ryan I think has had a tough time for such a young man with his last injury and then changing clubs on top of it.
Judge him next season imho, Jose will get him coached back to form.

When with Fulham, he looked he could beat anyone with his space,with us he looks like he's carrying a couple of bags of shopping on his back!!!!......why do our players look so sluggish every time they play,starting with Alli??

Remember the golden period of when we closed down Emirates Marketing Project down and won 4-1 a few seasons back...

With Aurier attacking down the right flank there is no way he will allow Sess to do the same thing down the left flank. I think Jose has clipped his wings

His brother is a more energised and gutsy player the little i've seen of him.
Ryan I think has had a tough time for such a young man with his last injury and then changing clubs on top of it.
Judge him next season imho, Jose will get him coached back to form.
Bringing his brother here will help them both settle quicker.

Back