• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

Nothing, can only assume of we were trying to get him involved we failed.

I'm still trying to get my head around Levy basically giving Lyon, Betis and Fulham their asking prices
I don’t think he has for any of the players has he?

I thought Aulas wanted 70 million for N’Dombele. Betis said they wouldn’t let Lo Celso leave for less than 75 million euros and Fulham we’re trying their luck with 40 million for Sessegnon.

I think we have paid good, fair prices for all three players.

I thought Aulas wanted 70 million for N’Dombele. Betis said they wouldn’t let Lo Celso leave for less than 75 million euros and Fulham we’re trying their luck with 40 million for Sessegnon.

Exactly. Betis will get what they want only because of this loan deal. Had we bought him upfront we'd have been paying more and they'd get about the same. My guess is they would have accepted whatever the amount net of the 25% owed to PSG was so a lot more for us.

Either way, sometimes you just have to pay what the seller wants which shows Levy isn't as tight as most people think on here.

Fulham wanted £45m last I saw. £25m + £5m in add ons + Onomah is pretty much right on the asking price.

The deal with Betis is €16m loan fee + €40m to purchase, which is 80% of the deal, + the remaining 20% in bonuses making €70m (*see below)

NDombele - Aulas is like Levy. He gets the price he wants. Im pretty confident in suggesting that happened here.

You can argue the detail as much as you like, but I dont think Im wrong in saying we basically met the asking prices.

Although with a little creativity in there to make it work for all parties.

According to Bill Madrid on TFC, Spanish resident been following in their press, says theyve been spot on all the way through:
So according to Marca, the financials for Lo Celso are as follows:

The loan is until 30 June 2020 and we pay €16 million. The puchase option, compulsory if we qualify for the European cup, optional if not, is a further €40 million, 80% of the total. The remaining 20% will be paid in stages, and will depend on certain targets being met. The total will therefore be around €70 million. If the targets are not met, Betis will continue to own that 20% or part thereof.

Presumably this last bit refers to them having the right to a percentage of any further sale

Continuing with the general vibe here, very happy with the signing. There's little doubt these are the kind of moves we should be making, guess the question will be where he will be on the pitch but obviously first thing will be for him to settle in to the training and acclimatize to the new surroundings.

Sessegnon doesn't lend itself kindly to many songs though, may need the brains trust work on that one...

Was talking to a Fulham fan earlier - disappointed that they have lost him, but believes he will do very well under Poch.

Love this signing. Surprised that Levy went for it, knowing he could have waited 12 months and got him on a free, but it will be worth it. Poch will turn him into a superstar.

It’s just dawned on me that we have three left backs. :confused:

Takes me back to the time when Redknapp used to hoard right backs...

Love this signing. Surprised that Levy went for it, knowing he could have waited 12 months and got him on a free, but it will be worth it. Poch will turn him into a superstar.

12 month extra Poch development is what we paid for, and the fact that he seemed to have slowed his development at Fulham, 1 more mediocre year there and his career could go a different way.

12 month extra Poch development is what we paid for, and the fact that he seemed to have slowed his development at Fulham, 1 more mediocre year there and his career could go a different way.

I think that it is a bit harsh saying he slowed last year. There aren't many 18 year olds playing in the PL and he had three different managers and a failing side. It will be a year we'll spent, if he has learnt from it and it has made him hungry.

I think that it is a bit harsh saying he slowed last year. There aren't many 18 year olds playing in the PL and he had three different managers and a failing side. It will be a year we'll spent, if he has learnt from it and it has made him hungry.

I agree it is harsh, he was in a mess of a side. But stats say it's true.

No doubt to your point he learned from it, and knows he needs to work hard, needs to adapt, listen (something he acknowledged in his welcome interviews).

But my original point is we get an extra season with Poch (at 19) and eliminate the risk of him having another season in a dysfunctional side

Back