• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

This is going to come across as harsh, but given what we are seeing from Tanganga, a player with little to no senior experience, I'm disappointed. Sessegnon started well, made some nice little darts and then completely regressed in his play to this safety first player who marks himself out of the game. He did not ask enough of the Boro defence tonight when given opportunity to.

This is going to come across as harsh, but given what we are seeing from Tanganga, a player with little to no senior experience, I'm disappointed. Sessegnon started well, made some nice little darts and then completely regressed in his play to this safety first player who marks himself out of the game. He did not ask enough of the Boro defence tonight when given opportunity to.

Yeah, but he's young. Need to judge him over a couple years

Thought he did ok?

As above, his and tanganga's performances, to me at least, were quite different. Tanganga looked like being ready for top level foootball; Sessegnon looked like a kid playing in a man's game.

Not that I'd give up on Sessegnon though! Some players take longer to adapt and he has raw ability; he doesnt look PL-ready though this season

there was one passage of play in the second half where he was open on the left and he made no effort to make the players aware that he was open the play broke up and he drifted back to midfield.Maybe he is a bit overawed by it or lacking in confidence.Maybe he has instructions he will get better over time but he has joined at a difficult period.

there was one passage of play in the second half where he was open on the left and he made no effort to make the players aware that he was open the play broke up and he drifted back to midfield.Maybe he is a bit overawed by it or lacking in confidence.Maybe he has instructions he will get better over time but he has joined at a difficult period.
I think you may have put your finger on it there, he seems to wear that look of someone who doesn't think he quite belongs, like he's too anxious not to fudge things up.

But he also shows flashes of real talent, which suggests that once he gets his feet under the table we should start to see the best of him. He has pace, ability and intelligence on the ball as well as confidence in front of goal, so there's plenty enough potential for him go on and become a top LWB for us in the future.

Definitely looks more like a full-back than an attacking midfielder to me (though appreciate I haven’t seen much of him). Think that would actually be better for us, with Rose hopefully on his way out.

I think that is a pretty ridiculous thing to say over such a short run of games
“ridiculous” You rude sod!
I’ve followed his career closely and he’s so Bale it’s unbelievable.
He should have a much more attacking effect. He Is not a fullback!

“ridiculous” You rude sod!
I’ve followed his career closely and he’s so Bale it’s unbelievable.
He should have a much more attacking effect. He Is not a fullback!
He's a full year younger than Tanganga. We need to nurture the talent, and hopefully he really fulfils it at this club.

I thought he was good! Always seems to make the right decisions, might be safe but thats what we need from him right now

I suspect its the case of people wanting to see him perform to the levels his obvious potential suggests.

He isnt there yet, and its unfair IMO to judge him against what he might be*.

For now he is doing a solid job, showing good understanding and effort, and concentration (!). And for someone so seemingly timid, he doesnt get beaten defensively very much...

*Comparisons to Bale are unfair, but valid, IMO. Which isnt to say Sessegnon will become a world class talent - rather there really are similarities in their games/make up/development. If Sessegnon can learn, like Bale, to start attacking his opposite number, and the space past him - he really could add a dimension to his game.

For now Im happy with how he is going, I already prefer him out there to Rose by a long way, and look forward to watching him develop.

Back