• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Sessegnon

We are delighted to announce the signing of Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham.

The 19-year-old has signed a contract with the Club until 2025 and will wear the number 19 shirt.

The England Under-21 international has risen through the ranks at Craven Cottage, making his first team debut at the age of 16 against Leyton Orient in the EFL Cup in August, 2016. He ended that season with 30 appearances and seven goals, as well as being named in the PFA Championship Team of the Year.

The following campaign saw Ryan score 15 goals in 46 Championship games as the Whites secured promotion to the Premier League through the play-offs, with his fine form recognised as he secured five personal accolades at the EFL awards, including the Championship Player of the Season. He also became the first player from outside the top flight to be nominated for the PFA Young Player of the Year award.

The left-sided player made 35 appearances in his maiden season in the Premier League last term, bringing his total during his time at Fulham to 120 appearances and 25 goals.

He has also been capped by England up to Under-21 level, with his finest moment for the Young Lions to date being when he top-scored and was named Player of the Tournament as they won the 2017 European Under-19 Championship for the first time.

I think, given a lot of time and no undue pressure, this lad will be an absolute star. :)

I'm also liking this new trend of six-year deals over five-year ones as our standard contract length.

Ndombele's been signed until 2025 too. Strategically, it gives us a lot of leverage. Extension negotiations can start at the 2-year mark, giving us two years until a player hits the remaining two years of his deal. At that point, he can be sold to maintain maximum value if necessary.

With Poch's development skills he could really blossom in 2/3 seasons. Impressive he's already played over 100 club games and isn't totally new to the matchday experience, similar to Alli in that respect.

Very similar, IMO.

If anything he is more experienced. Or, at least, experienced at a higher level at the same sort of age.

If Sessegnon gets it together he can be something VERY special.

Why are we saying give him a couple of years? Dele came straight in and forced his way into the team with a much humbler background.

Why are we saying give him a couple of years? Dele came straight in and forced his way into the team with a much humbler background.

From my POV Im talking about expectation.

While Dele came in and did brilliantly straight away, nobody was expecting of him doing that.

Everyone took the view that he was young, talented, and we'll see him around the squad and hope he gets chances.

Id hope for similar with Sessegnon. Give the lad a chance to bed in, develop if necessary before getting on his back....

Nothing, can only assume of we were trying to get him involved we failed.

I'm still trying to get my head around Levy basically giving Lyon, Betis and Fulham their asking prices

Spurs previous number 19s

Moussa Dembele
Sebastien Bassong
Abel Taarabt
Andy Reid
Chris Armstrong
Andy Booth
John Scales
Mauricio Taricco
Paul McVeigh
Kevin Scott
Kevin Watson