• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rule changes in football

Are there any sports that have regretted introducing video replay to try and improve the game. All the examples I can think of have been a success: rugby, NFL, cricket, tennis, etc.

Why are some of those ideas ones that we had in the 80-90s and were dropped.

Straight red for handball stopping a goal.
Goal kicks taken from the side the ball went out
Stopping the watch for injured players, throw ins, free kicks.

These aren't new ideas.

Passing to yourself at free kicks could see some massively controversial goals and why would you want to pass to yourself at a golakick???

Why are some of those ideas ones that we had in the 80-90s and were dropped.

Straight red for handball stopping a goal.
Goal kicks taken from the side the ball went out
Stopping the watch for injured players, throw ins, free kicks.

These aren't new ideas.

Passing to yourself at free kicks could see some massively controversial goals and why would you want to pass to yourself at a golakick???[/QUOTE]

against a deep formation you could get another 20 yards before playing your vertical

Yes, the goalkeeper could bring the ball up field before kicking. However, this could also be used as another way of wasting time. The goalkeeper could take the ball sideways and wait for an opposition player to come to him.

Does a penalty count as a type of free kick? If so a player could just tap the ball and watch which way the goalkeeper dives before shooting. It would also stop those slip-double kick penalties being disallowed.

Yes, the goalkeeper could bring the ball up field before kicking. However, this could also be used as another way of wasting time. The goalkeeper could take the ball sideways and wait for an opposition player to come to him.

Does a penalty count as a type of free kick? If so a player could just tap the ball and watch which way the goalkeeper dives before shooting. It would also stop those slip-double kick penalties being disallowed.

It follows all the rules of a direct freekick except that a wall is not allowed so you would have to assume that it would be ruled differently if the changes came in.

I'd say 1 man by the penalty area and 10 defending no further forward than the half way line is a deep formation.

which half of the hair do you want?

in my experience of amateur football, when I was taking a goal kick there would be twenty players on the half way line, that's quite common at lower levels imo

Back