• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

rSol

Macclesfield gave us Ian Curtis. And their fans seem quite sensible:

I've just watched some interviews with Sol Campbell on the internet. He would be a huge gamble as a manager in his first job. Because he was a good player and team captain does not mean he has the qualities to make a good manager. It is clear that many other clubs have not wanted to try him and I have a feeling we should be added to that list.
I suggest he needs to start as an assistant to someone just like Steve Watson has done.
IP: Logged
leedsblue Posted on 23/11/2018 12:47
SOL CAMPBELL
Report Message | Email Message To A Friend | Reply To Message

He's an arrogant weirdo - no thanks.
pauljames Posted on 23/11/2018 12:58
SOL CAMPBELL

I seriously believe that if the chairman is committed to finding a new manager he can do better, plus I have never forgiven Campbell for leaving Spurs for their arch rivals.
boomer22 Posted on 23/11/2018 13:07
SOL CAMPBELL

Been trying to to get back into coaching in the England setup

http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/nov/22/sol-campbell-on-england-u21s-coaching-experience-221118
stevie-mtfc Posted on 23/11/2018 13:07
SOL CAMPBELL

Just when you think the club could not be run any worse!!!

Fola Posted on 23/11/2018 13:12
SOL CAMPBELL

Great appointment!!! Think of the contacts
saltpie Posted on 23/11/2018 13:30
SOL CAMPBELL

Danny now has more experience as a manager than Sol Campbell.
I know Paul Ince came in as an international player but had no managerial history and learnt from and relied on Ray Mathias .
I still feel an experienced person to be director of football or some such title to work alongside and pass on their experience is the requirement.
pjs1980 Posted on 23/11/2018 14:55
SOL CAMPBELL

bbc sport running with the story now so maybe this has legs
maccman Posted on 23/11/2018 15:10
SOL CAMPBELL

As a "name" ,he may be able to attract some players , but, other than that, can't see it as a sensible appointment. Was the job advertised,then ?
zelem Posted on 23/11/2018 16:13
SOL CAMPBELL

I am absolutely dumb struck!!
Just when you think it can’t get any worse AA and Blower again take it to another F*#@% level!!

This is a great day for football
This is a great day for humankind

For too long we have been denied, nee robbed, of the greatest football mind to have ever lived.

All praise ...... ( I left that blank because I'm guessing he's already been sacked)

also, small point of interest, a major rival for them will be notts county, whom he also fudged over

Last edited:
As presaged by The Macc Lads some time ago........

R-412326-1109935844.jpg.jpg

They’ll love him.

Until he realises nearby Crewe Alex are 8 places above them, and have a strong track record of consistently questionable moral judgement, so jumps ship.

Yep, Paul Ince just said this!!!...

"It is a shame because when you look at what he has done in his football career, he is a legend," Ince said. "It is sad that someone like Sol has had to go to that level to get a job.

"When you look at the black managers that we have had, most of them have been very successful. It is not that we can't do the job but obviously some owners think we can't.

"It is going to be a tough job for Sol but you have got to get in somewhere. Hopefully he will do well and then move up the ladder.

"The most nervous thing is having to inspire a team to get them out of trouble. I would advise him to take someone with him that knows the league.

"The lads will be buzzing once they see Sol there. He has got a good football brain, who knows in years to come he might be managing Tottenham."

Back