• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

I'd take Lamela and Onomah.

I'm not sure what the new Siggy love is all about. The one thing he showed with us is that he can't play in tight spaces. He stands out in a bottom half side because of the space he's afforded.

My alternative view is that we always stuck him on teh one flank or the other while this is not the case at Swansea where he plays as a creative number 10

Do you think he has to be played in that 10 position for him to be a worthwhile addition?

Ie. Anywhere else and he's just not up to standard?

Well he was only 24 when he left us and since then he seems to have improved his all round game, when he was here he was mostly played out wide and was isolated most of the time as he is no winger. Under Pooch we have more of a floating system Ie players interchanging all the time so i would think he would fit much better now.

Never seen much in Barkley that impressed me. I would take Siggy back though. He's scored or assisted over half of Swansea's goals this season; he's been with us before and knows the club; he would provide real cover and competition for Eriksen, who is due an injury at some point; and, most importantly of all, he looks good in our kit.

Never seen much in Barkley that impressed me. I would take Siggy back though. He's scored or assisted over half of Swansea's goals this season; he's been with us before and knows the club; he would provide real cover and competition for Eriksen, who is due an injury at some point; and, most importantly of all, he looks good in our kit.

Said my piece about Barkley before = no thanks

Siggy people seem to have selective memory about, my biggest issue with him is he's slow .. slowing tempo is ok in a brick side (you need to stop from being overwhelmed), in our side you want players that increase the tempo of the game, not something I associate with Siggy. If he wanted to be sub/rotation option for Eriksen, for the right price, sure. Have no fudging idea why he would come to us to do that, he could be a guaranteed starter for same/better money in a number of clubs.

Siggy has excellent dead ball ability but not much pace or ability to play in tight spaces. With the likes of Eriksen in our team I doubt he'll get much opportunity from free kicks.

Barkley has to be an upgrade on Sissoko

Siggy has excellent dead ball ability but not much pace or ability to play in tight spaces. With the likes of Eriksen in our team I doubt he'll get much opportunity from free kicks.

Barkley has to be an upgrade on Sissoko

There is talk that Swansea have agreed a deal for £25m with Everton and the only delay is that Siggy is asking for £120K a week. Well that would make him the highest paid player at Spurs

Personally I would prefer Zaha over Barkley and Siggy. I think we lack one pacy dribbler, who plays on the wing and will be suited for our passing & pressing style of play.

Why not someone actually good though, like Mahrez or Bernardo Silva?

It isn't 2002 anymore. We can be a bit more discerning.

Siggy was just as good before he came to us last time. Not sure what has changed.
Whos says anything has to of changed? Poch stated he didn't want him to leave, but the deal was already done. If theres a chance to sign him then Poch might be interested still, its not like hes not doing the business in the league....

Back