• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

Some of you guys can not see the wood for the trees, your describing one of our players when describing Barkley's style and its not Alli or Eriksen, a certain ball carrying midfielder is 29/30 years old and struggles to play two games in a week. Rhymes with Sembele?

That's where I see Barkley if signed, but I think what I have seen of Winks, he could do this job so a little unsure

Barkley lacks the strength and fitness to play that position.

Ross Barkley has created more chances than any other English player this season in the Premier League (47) and provided two assists in his last game versus Emirates Marketing Project

he is strong enough for me. but its the combination of his atheletism and mobility that makes him special.
i'd go for him if we had the space. how's lamela doing?

I'd take the punt on him for a reasonable fee. The thing is, I don't think they will let him go for a reasonable fee, and would be looking for the fee that we paid for Sissoko. What I like about him is that he does have moments of magic, and it is those moments that we need when our backs are against the wall and we are chasing a game. My reservation is that he doesn't do it consistently enough, but Everton aren't a great side. And let's face it, if he did do it consistently, he'd be out of our price range completely! We are not going to buy the finished article.

I'd take the punt on him for a reasonable fee. The thing is, I don't think they will let him go for a reasonable fee, and would be looking for the fee that we paid for Sissoko. What I like about him is that he does have moments of magic, and it is those moments that we need when our backs are against the wall and we are chasing a game. My reservation is that he doesn't do it consistently enough, but Everton aren't a great side. And let's face it, if he did do it consistently, he'd be out of our price range completely! We are not going to buy the finished article.

I absolutely don't want to see him replace Sissoko without the man being given a real chance in a Spurs shirt. That Sissoko-Barkley swap stuff really put me off in that regard.

But the man is admittedly the sort of archetype that would fit our team - he's big and powerful yet very good with the ball in tight spaces and when spreading it over long distances. His decision-making still needs a lot of work, but if he's cheap, we might as well go for him as another option for that No.10 role. He's not likely to be cheap, exactly, but the thing about him is that his contract's up in the summer of 2018 - come this summer, he'll only have a year left on his deal, provided he doesn't sign a new one between now and then. Everton might ask for Sissoko-esque money, and they might get it if all the big boys (City, Chelsea, United et al) start bidding for him (which they might do given his homegrown status, provided he keeps his form up). But that's dependent on him continuing his run of form, which, as you've pointed out, isn't something he's known to be capable of.

For us, I could see a bid for Barkley happening under a very specific set of circumstances - he adapts to Koeman's drilled, defensive system, maintains a modicum of form (but not too much of it), refuses to sign a new contract and is largely ignored by the big boys come July/August 2017. I wouldn't mind him coming in then - not as a replacement for Sissoko, but as an addition to the side.

I absolutely don't want to see him replace Sissoko without the man being given a real chance in a Spurs shirt. That Sissoko-Barkley swap stuff really put me off in that regard.

But the man is admittedly the sort of archetype that would fit our team - he's big and powerful yet very good with the ball in tight spaces and when spreading it over long distances. His decision-making still needs a lot of work, but if he's cheap, we might as well go for him as another option for that No.10 role. He's not likely to be cheap, exactly, but the thing about him is that his contract's up in the summer of 2018 - come this summer, he'll only have a year left on his deal, provided he doesn't sign a new one between now and then. Everton might ask for Sissoko-esque money, and they might get it if all the big boys (City, Chelsea, United et al) start bidding for him (which they might do given his homegrown status, provided he keeps his form up). But that's dependent on him continuing his run of form, which, as you've pointed out, isn't something he's known to be capable of.

For us, I could see a bid for Barkley happening under a very specific set of circumstances - he adapts to Koeman's drilled, defensive system, maintains a modicum of form (but not too much of it), refuses to sign a new contract and is largely ignored by the big boys come July/August 2017. I wouldn't mind him coming in then - not as a replacement for Sissoko, but as an addition to the side.

Look at the fans for a better gauge of a player. Saudi Sportswashing Machine's fans really couldn't wait to get rid of Sissoko while Everton's would hate to lose Barclay. We need a player like him. The only question is Barclay or Siggy? Either would be great additions and it will come down largely to price imo.

Look at the fans for a better gauge of a player. Saudi Sportswashing Machine's fans really couldn't wait to get rid of Sissoko while Everton's would hate to lose Barclay. We need a player like him. The only question is Barclay or Siggy? Either would be great additions and it will come down largely to price imo.
Would you (or anyone else:))...swap Siggy and Barkley for Sissoko and Lamela?

Didn't Barkley's reps meet with Levy and their financial demands were too high? I read that Barkley is wanting over 100k a week in order to stay at Everton.

I think we should look elsewhere. I like the look of Davy Klaasen at Ajax. Consistent, good attitude, would fit in well with all our other Dutch players like Toby, Verts, Janssen, Dembele, Vorm and Erikssen

that's not quite the case from what i have seen

Back