• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

even they can see sky hate us

Barkley is a decent player, but he's no better than what we have already imo, the English tax would make him a waste of money for us
My view too. Can't see anything special about him. He loafs around a bit and fouls. And what is his best position? He's not even close to being as good as any of our midfielders, so what would he add? Very little in my opinion.

Barkley needs to move to step up IMO

he could thrive for us orbhe could regress further...

He has talent and you can see it but without constency it's nothing

I like Barkley but not sure he's what we need. We already have Alli and Eriksen for the no 10 type role - unless he's meant to be cover for Dembele(?).

That said, I'm not convinced that Sissoko is what we need and would prefer Barkley over him given that time is on Barkley's side

I've got similar concerns about Barkley. He can look useful enough on his day, but considering the hype that surrounded him as a 19/20 year-old, you'd really have to say he's rarely been able to show what all the fuss was about. Maybe the 'Next Paul Gascoigne' tag was always going to be impossible to live up to, and maybe with the right coaching he'd still be capable of kicking up a gear, but who knows? If Pochettino fancies him, fair enough, but to me, he has that air of a player with a great future behind him.

I've got similar concerns about Barkley. He can look useful enough on his day, but considering the hype that surrounded him as a 19/20 year-old, you'd really have to say he's rarely been able to show what all the fuss was about. Maybe the 'Next Paul Gascoigne' tag was always going to be impossible to live up to, and maybe with the right coaching he'd still be capable of kicking up a gear, but who knows? If Pochettino fancies him, fair enough, but to me, he has that air of a player with a great future behind him.

He never was that good, highlights reel player that has regressed ... please no

nice

From the posts above you'd think the future is already in place for him! He could develop into a player or stay where he is. The future is not defined. Under Poch he would kick on imo.

But I think we'll see him develop under Koeman, and erecting will extend his contract.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Barclay has the tools still to become a good player, he would slot in with us nicely as we have a system of people knowing their jobs and doing them well and adding their own element of xfactor to the role. I think if he came in and you said to him, this is your role and drill him like we have every other Spurs player he would be very welcome

Barclay has the tools still to become a good player, he would slot in with us nicely as we have a system of people knowing their jobs and doing them well and adding their own element of xfactor to the role. I think if he came in and you said to him, this is your role and drill him like we have every other Spurs player he would be very welcome

He's stagnated, not a very intelligent player, and was overhyped to begin with ...

Very hard to turn around a player that has plateaued for a significant period of time, add in his cost, he's like the pox ... just stay away.

He's stagnated, not a very intelligent player, and was overhyped to begin with ...

Very hard to turn around a player that has plateaued for a significant period of time, add in his cost, he's like the pox ... just stay away.

where ever he goes next he will do a Rodwell and the team probably wont win for 20 games with him in it

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I think that Barkley is exactly the type of player that would thrive within our squad and that Pochettino could improve massively. He's a versatile, athletic player with a rare skill of driving forward through midfield and moving defenders around. His work in the final third is really poor, but he just turned 23 and has so much more capacity to improve than Sissoko.

Dembele's career was looking like stalling out before Poch came in, and he's now one of the best players in his position in world football. Not saying that Barkley is as good as Dembele, but he's got a lot of potential and has been working for really poor managers, IMO.

I'd love it if we could sell Sissoko and bring in Barkley (which is probably pretty unlikely in January), but I'm hopeful that we'll come back for him in the summer. Maybe we can snatch Deulofeu too.

Maybe not a popular opinion, but I think that Barkley is exactly the type of player that would thrive within our squad and that Pochettino could improve massively. He's a versatile, athletic player with a rare skill of driving forward through midfield and moving defenders around. His work in the final third is really poor, but he just turned 23 and has so much more capacity to improve than Sissoko.

Dembele's career was looking like stalling out before Poch came in, and he's now one of the best players in his position in world football. Not saying that Barkley is as good as Dembele, but he's got a lot of potential and has been working for really poor managers, IMO.

I'd love it if we could sell Sissoko and bring in Barkley (which is probably pretty unlikely in January), but I'm hopeful that we'll come back for him in the summer. Maybe we can snatch Deulofeu too.

He's not .. vastly overated, typical English potential unrealized, terribly unintelligent footballer, brings nothing to the current side and won't be cheap

To use your examples
- Sissoko brings pace, physicality, width and the ability to be direct to the current side.
- Dembele pre Spurs destroyed a SAF Manure side single handedly.
- Barkley?

Barkley has had some highlight reel moments, but is just another player who hasn't stepped up from his first breakthrough moments. And he has had a ton of game time. Poch has actually helped a few of our players seem smarter on the field, but in general, stupid footballers stay stupid footballers.

For cheap, he might be worth a punt (not sure why), but considering he's going to be vastly overpriced, I'd avoid like the plague.

I think Koeman would take the swap, seeing as we gazumped Everton in the summer.

It's an interesting post. I kind of agree. But I feel Barkley is a bit like Bentaleb, he'll fire off some screamers, or lift his game and get people excited, only to revert back to an average player. If anyone can pull out the player, you think Poch could. Koeman is a sterling manager too, and I wouldn't be suprised to see Barkley kick on under him.

Barkley would get limited chances for us and we need a few older heads in out attack. He wouldn't improve our first team right away, unfortunately, so I'm out. Keep Sissoko or use the cash elsewhere imo.

Last edited:
Back