• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

I actually will be in the minority of not wanting to lose Sissoko. From other threads it looks like I'd be one of the few also happy to have Barkley. For me he looks to be a very talented boy, who is simply having a lull in form after his original burst onto the scene. A change in scenery would probably be best for him, coming to a club like ours would work for all parties in my opinion. Look at Alli, he's not hitting the heights he previously was but at that stage of your career inconsistency does occur and I've no doubts Barkley is going to prove himself somewhere to be a good international standard player....

I'd take that swap. Neither are first choice quality but Barkley has time on his side and is better on the ball, so I think would suit us better

I guess Barkley is younger but I am not sure he is any better. I would rather sell Sissoko to Italy or China and go for someone like Brandt.

jol-seething-o.gif

Not this brick again.

I actually will be in the minority of not wanting to lose Sissoko. From other threads it looks like I'd be one of the few also happy to have Barkley. For me he looks to be a very talented boy, who is simply having a lull in form after his original burst onto the scene. A change in scenery would probably be best for him, coming to a club like ours would work for all parties in my opinion. Look at Alli, he's not hitting the heights he previously was but at that stage of your career inconsistency does occur and I've no doubts Barkley is going to prove himself somewhere to be a good international standard player....

I'm with you on this. Sissoko may not have been the player we wanted, but we can at least give the guy time. He has started to show some form in the last month and deserves more time to make an impression.
If we decided to make a switch to some sort of midfield three, then Barkley might be a good shout, but we would still need to sell some players to make room for him.

My guess is MoPo wants Barkley because he sees in him an underperforming but richly talented player. The very one who through his own special brand of intensive coaching can be transformed into the player he desperately needs to unlock the tight defences we're currently struggling to break down, thereby creating more of the vital openings that Kane is only too eager to exploit.

I'm probably in the minority in that I like Barkley, he a young player with good technique and needs to develop his game in a team which will allow his talent to grow. Everton have struggled to have any style/pattern of team plan since Moyes left and he's had a difficult time like the team. Like Stones everyone highlights the errors or faults they have rather than see their potential, this is one of the prime reasons England struggle to produce decent football players, if both would just run around a lot more, get stuck in and keep it simple they would be seen as good players or water carriers for the talent. Young players make mistakes, you have to have the courage to back your judgement and allow them to iron them out. Every game in the PL is tough, in almost all other european leagues there are many easy games where young players can pick up experience without the pressure our youngsters face and that with the slower technical style of play allows the player to develop. Just need to look at Bale, it was obvious he had talent but his early performances at fullback and midfield weren't great.

I'm probably in the minority in that I like Barkley, he a young player with good technique and needs to develop his game in a team which will allow his talent to grow. Everton have struggled to have any style/pattern of team plan since Moyes left and he's had a difficult time like the team. Like Stones everyone highlights the errors or faults they have rather than see their potential, this is one of the prime reasons England struggle to produce decent football players, if both would just run around a lot more, get stuck in and keep it simple they would be seen as good players or water carriers for the talent. Young players make mistakes, you have to have the courage to back your judgement and allow them to iron them out. Every game in the PL is tough, in almost all other european leagues there are many easy games where young players can pick up experience without the pressure our youngsters face and that with the slower technical style of play allows the player to develop. Just need to look at Bale, it was obvious he had talent but his early performances at fullback and midfield weren't great.
Right on the button.

I am not a fan of Barkley but you make a very good point.

Id take that swap.

Sissoko has been consistently average in his time in the PL - Barkley has not

Barkley is young and English, granted he has not been great this season - but I think there is more to it than football

I think Barkley would be reborn with us - further (and much like Davies with Rose) I think he would squeeze another level out of Eriksen.

Barkley has ability and can do some clever stuff when he plays on the edge

He is very inconsistant though and he needs to fix that asap. The raw potential is there but how do you fix the consistency

Would he be better than sissoko... for me I think he would. That's not to say sissoko has nothing to offer but he is more of a blunt weapon who I don't think cAn change a game with any skill and is more about brute force and power. Barkley has both of them characteristics and skill too

Id take that swap.

Sissoko has been consistently average in his time in the PL - Barkley has not

Barkley is young and English, granted he has not been great this season - but I think there is more to it than football

I think you would be over rating Barkley if you had said he had been average during his time in the league with Everton tbh - he hasn't done anything to deserve the hype that surrounds him from what I have seen

If there is truth in the somewhat speculative rumors that we end up saving money on the Sissoko transfer fee if we sell him early I could see something happening quickly.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I'd rather back Poch to finish the job with Onomah. In 12 months time I think Onomah will have eclipsed Barkley.

Barkley has a fundamental lack of a footballing brain, which will keep him as a bottom half EPL/upper championship player, like David Dunn before him.

Back