• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rooney - Is he s**t?

Makes sense. He isn't a starter anymore. That said, I've not seen him so fit and committed in years as he looks now! Been impressed by his performance so far. It shows that he still cares, and wants to play at the highest level. He could have gone to China and made 5 times more than he gets at Everton.

Makes sense. He isn't a starter anymore. That said, I've not seen him so fit and committed in years as he looks now! Been impressed by his performance so far. It shows that he still cares, and wants to play at the highest level. He could have gone to China and made 5 times more than he gets at Everton.

I noticed the papers were pushing hard for him to be included again. They must be gutted.

Rooney is a strange one for me, I am starting to believe he was a victim of LVG and Mourinho bad management.

Additionally when people wanted him out the side the would pull the "only pick those in form" and now that argument would have been turned on its head had he been picked on form which he is on..form.

Retiring at 31 is poor for me though, too early an age in a short career.

No I was not meaning it as a short career but an early retirement still in football terms
And I meant that because of his early breakthrough, he at 31 is more like an equivalent of a 35-36 year-old player. And to be honest, he moves and plays like one.

And I meant that because of his early breakthrough, he at 31 is more like an equivalent of a 35-36 year-old player. And to be honest, he moves and plays like one.

True but still a form player, along with Kane not many others doing much?

He's on form in so much that he has banged in a couple of goals, don't think his overall performance has been anything of note

If it was an unknown who had scored a couple and played the same way overall no one would be calling for him to be included in the England squad

He's on form in so much that he has banged in a couple of goals, don't think his overall performance has been anything of note

Yeh but goals is what he is there for.

I was all for dropping him when he was not playing and scoring and picking players in form, that salways been my view, so on that basis I would have picked him still.

Sensible move and his timing perhaps is revenge for being dropped. Wait for the call up and then retire.

Shearer retired from international football relatively early, iirc, and was able to prolong his career. Rooney can focus on Everton and, if he has a stellar season and calls for him to go to the World Cup become strong enough, he could still change his mind. He gets to avoid all the friendlies and qualifying games so will be fresher at the end of the season.

Yeh but goals is what he is there for.

I was all for dropping him when he was not playing and scoring and picking players in form, that salways been my view, so on that basis I would have picked him still.

See my edit above mate, two goals doesn't get an unknown called up, you'd be calling him up because of his name not because of form

See my edit above mate, two goals doesn't get an unknown called up, you'd be calling him up because of his name not because of form

It has always appeared to be the case that once you're an England regular, you decide when you stop playing for the country rather than the manager dropping you. One of the many reasons why we have failed at so many tournaments IMO.

But thats an obvious statement, Rooney would be picked based on the fact he is record scorer for Man United and England and appears to be back in some goals.

Back