• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rooney - Is he s**t?

He is the nations spacegoat, people give him stick for no real reason and due to the way social media is, everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and 85% don't even know why they do not rate him.

You do not become United's and Englands record goalscorer if you are brick.

He is the nations escaped goat, people give him stick for no real reason and due to the way social media is, everyone likes to jump on the bandwagon and 85% don't even know why they do not rate him.

You do not become United's and Englands record goalscorer if you are brick.

Agreed. But don't take our word for it...

All semantics, but I'd disagree with the assessment of "all time" great. Top level yes, perhaps extraordinary in his adaptability/utility, but not great.

And while his goals/games are impressive, how bad Manure & England have played with him in side (repeatedly) and his inability to lift the side with any consistency despite quality around him leaves him (in my opinion) as high end of good players.
I can see where you're coming from. His image is tarnished by granny hookers and hair weaves. He could have done more and is not in the very top few goalscorers. But it is a huge achievement.

I don't want to get into one of those arguments about "how do you define world class" but when I look at some great goalscorers, he has done well:

I'd say George Best is an all time great and got 253 goals from 709 including USA/Scottish football etc. He might have occasionally had one or two drinks too many.
Rooney so far has 267 from 623
Denis Law got 303 in 602
Van Nistelrooy 347 in 589
Andy Cole 271 in 624
Ian Wright 239 in 501... I remember him wearing a t-shirt with "179" when he finally became the all time Greatest Gooner Goalscorer
Thierry Henry 360 in 792

Without wanting to derail this thread, here's a lovely compilation. The Zlatan one at 1.30 is brilliant. Pretty sure that's how I'd react as well hahaha.

That is great.

Luiz seems like a cool guy (off the pitch). I've seem him play acting in the tunnel with the kids just before a match on more than one occasion.

Rooney is symptomatic of most english players, he should have played on the continent in his mid 20's, it would have made him a much more rounded player, instead his agents milked two fat contracts off David Gill and he got fat and happy and complacent. Actually I would have loved to have seen him try and speak spanish or italian.

Rooney is symptomatic of most english players, he should have played on the continent in his mid 20's, it would have made him a much more rounded player, instead his agents milked two fat contracts off David Gill and he got fat and happy and complacent. Actually I would have loved to have seen him try and speak spanish or italian.

No chance, and that reminds me of what Rush said on his return to England from Italy. " they eat funny food and speak a different language"

No chance, and that reminds me of what Rush said on his return to England from Italy. " they eat funny food and speak a different language"

I was being facetious, rooney is as stupid as it gets, if it wasn't for his GHod given footie ability, he would have been a brickie.

DE1z2WFUMAA9g25.jpg

Is there a bigger two-faced player than Rooney? He toes the line and says all the right things, but can't wait to off load any blame when he changes managers. Does the same with all the England managers.

Rooney is symptomatic of most english players, he should have played on the continent in his mid 20's, it would have made him a much more rounded player, instead his agents milked two fat contracts off David Gill and he got fat and happy and complacent. Actually I would have loved to have seen him try to speak spanish or italian.

See, he just can't win.

First you say you want him more rounded, then you carp because he got fat ;)

Back