• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

yes not his responsibility he cost 26m. But that is the life of a professional player. And they get paid well to carry that weight. Yes he seems like a lovely bloke, but he is not my mate. Or yours. I want him to do well in a Spurs shirt. And in that regard he has failed utterly. I wish him well though. his mannerisms and demeanour deserve that. But as a player I cant wait to see shut of him. Him and Lamela are our record signings and been our biggest let downs. In fact our record signings never do well.

12m Rebrov
18m Bentley
26m Soldado
28m Lamela

That is a poor set of players for us. Im still hoping on Lamela. But if by the end of this season he has not raised his levels then its time to say Adios.

You forgot Darren Bent. My GHod that is depressing.

I would expect my £26 million centre forward, earning 60 odd grand a week to want to take the next penalty having missed the last one. Every player is going to miss a penalty at one point in their life. It was telling that Soldado no longer wanted them once he missed his first for us. He is the biggest waste of money this club has ever made since the bodged East Stand development.

I really wanted Soldado to succeed at Spurs (and I was sure that he would do so when we signed him that Summer - I even put a reasonably large bet on him being top PL scorer that year). However me wanting him to succeed does not blind me to the fact that he has been absolute turd for us and him departing should have us partying in the streets as we now should be able to bring in a far superior player to replace him.

Why do you find it so hard to accept that some Spurs fans like the bloke and are sad that it never worked out for him here rather than being angry at his total loss of form and confidence?

No one has said that we would rather he stayed or that we shouldn't sign new strikers.

Why do you find it so hard to accept that some Spurs fans like the bloke and are sad that it never worked out for him here rather than being angry at his total loss of form and confidence?

No one has said that we would rather he stayed or that we shouldn't sign new strikers.

I don't find it hard to accept that some people like Soldado, I just wonder why they do. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to like or dislike whoever they want.

Just as it is fine for you to love Soldado, it is surely equally fine for me to have an opinion that Soldado was the definition of dogturd, a huge bottler and the biggest waste of money we have ever made?

I see all sorts of hatred towards Adebayor on this site and yet as a player at Spurs he has contributed far more than Soldado ever did for us.

I don't find it hard to accept that some people like Soldado, I just wonder why they do. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and to like or dislike whoever they want.

Just as it is fine for you to love Soldado, it is surely equally fine for me to have an opinion that Soldado was the definition of dogturd, a huge bottler and the biggest waste of money we have ever made?

I see all sorts of hatred towards Adebayor on this site and yet as a player at Spurs he has contributed far more than Soldado ever did for us.

You have every right to your opinion. And I fully understand it.

It's just that you seem to be replying persistently to those who have expressed sadness that it never worked out here for Bobby Soldier by questioning why they like him and by telling them that he's rubbish, a bottler etc - as if they are wrong to feel as they do.

No need, surely?

The totalizer is twitching!!! LOL

The Totaliser is on a day off today... tinkled because haters still like to use 26m as some kind of miracle moisturiser face cream laced with rhino spunk.

american.gif

:eek::p

I think it has something do with the fact that although it it can be generally agreed that Soldado failed at Spurs people appreciated the fact that he tried and never played like he did not give a feck.

Adebayor on the other hand showed what a success he could be when he did try and but then seemed to play like he did not give a flying feck. It was more unforgivable with Ade because he had previously proved that when he brought his "A" game he could be a beast almost on a par with Drogba, but it seemed he simply stopped caring

Surely we should all be disappointed as if he fulfilled our expectations, we would be in the CL. Personally, I "like" him as in this day and age of arrogance and general flashiness that footballers seem to display, he was nothing but professional. He even apologised for that penalty miss! Some players just smile.

It didn't work out, he didn't throw his toys out of the pram for not playing and he's not refusing to move because he prefers the wage he's getting now. He's treated the club with respect, we should do the same and wish him the best.

Transfers don't always work out, and in this case it didn't, but at least he's not being disruptive, is well liked by the team itself and is not proving difficult in leaving and allowing us to cut out losses. It is a shame it didn't work out, as if we got the player we thought we were getting we'd be complaining about why we've missed out on Vidal and instead got Schneiderlin. ;)

Surely we should all be disappointed as if he fulfilled our expectations, we would be in the CL. Personally, I "like" him as in this day and age of arrogance and general flashiness that footballers seem to display, he was nothing but professional. He even apologised for that penalty miss! Some players just smile.

It didn't work out, he didn't throw his toys out of the pram for not playing and he's not refusing to move because he prefers the wage he's getting now. He's treated the club with respect, we should do the same and wish him the best.

Transfers don't always work out, and in this case it didn't, but at least he's not being disruptive, is well liked by the team itself and is not proving difficult in leaving and allowing us to cut out losses. It is a shame it didn't work out, as if we got the player we thought we were getting we'd be complaining about why we've missed out on Vidal and instead got Schneiderlin. ;)

This ... really simple

- All transfers don't work out, Falcao, Di Maria and about a dozen Cheat$ki players you have already forgotten about have failed miserably for more money since Bobby.
- All most people would ask is, try, train and respect our club, which Bobby has done.

Best for both parties he moves on, I personally wish him all the success in the world in Spain ...

This ... really simple

- All transfers don't work out, Falcao, Di Maria and about a dozen Cheat$ki players you have already forgotten about have failed miserably for more money since Bobby.
- All most people would ask is, try, train and respect our club, which Bobby has done.

Best for both parties he moves on, I personally wish him all the success in the world in Spain ...

Amen to that.

Back