• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

Hazard cost £33m when they brought him and has been good for one season then woeful and then good again

Needless to say mate we have had this discussion before about Hazard, i rate him highly and you do not and if i remember correctly we agreed to disagree over him elsewhere. Its fine Stop! Hammer time but imo he has been one of the best players in the Prem ( apart from that one season) and depending who/what we listen/read he either downed tools because of Jose or he was affected by a injury that would not clear up.

Whatever its history and as i say we will just agree to disagree on how good a player he is.:)

Needless to say mate we have had this discussion before about Hazard, i rate him highly and you do not and if i remember correctly we agreed to disagree over him elsewhere. Its fine Stop! Hammer time but imo he has been one of the best players in the Prem ( apart from that one season) and depending who/what we listen/read he either downed tools because of Jose or he was affected by a injury that would not clear up.

Whatever its history and as i say we will just agree to disagree on how good a player he is.:)

I rate him, just not as highly as others

Was I was referring too though was Mahrez almost came from nowhere and cost nothing so to perform to the level he did was exceptional

Hazard came with a fee and rep so you would expect him to perform

I rate him, just not as highly as others

Was I was referring too though was Mahrez almost came from nowhere and cost nothing so to perform to the level he did was exceptional

Hazard came with a fee and rep so you would expect him to perform

Fair enough, as i say Stop! Hammer time, my post about Hazard was more in ref to Bullets post as he brought Hazard into the equation.

Edwards was playing in the U19s international tournament just 2 weeks ago. Presumably he's just been allowed a summer break/to report back later?

Very possible, although in that case, didn't Onomah and KWP have the U20 tournament three or so weeks ago? They played more in that tournament than Edwards did in the U19 tournament.

Only if we were as desperate as Arsenal will be if they don't get Lemar. They'll want him as a starter, but he'd only be a backup player for us.

If Arse end up with Mahrez it probably means Lemar will still be at Monaco and possibly available next summer.

And Lemar would be far too expensive for our tastes next summer - that argument assumes that we'd actually be willing to spend the 60/70/80m it would take to get him next summer, as well as pay him the wages he'd want.

Bird in the hand instead of two in the bush and all that.

And Lemar would be far too expensive for our tastes next summer - that argument assumes that we'd actually be willing to spend the 60/70/80m it would take to get him next summer, as well as pay him the wages he'd want.

We will spend moderately and look to youth and player retention until the market crashes I think.
We are in good shape for that. The only real concern being striker if Jannsen doesn't work out.
And maybe gk in a few years

He is already too expensive for our tastes this summer.

If I were involved at a senior level in terms of player recruitment at Spurs I would be having a serious look at any player that Monaco are interested in signing. Monaco seem to bring in good, young, players in for realistic fees and they play a style of football that is quite similar to ourselves (I noticed that they brought in Tielemans for a reasonable fee this summer).

We should also make sure we keep an eye on their manager Jardim and his coaching staff - just in case Pochettino decides to leave at any point in the next few years.

I also read a short while ago that their Sporting Director; Antonio Cordon, had left them. I wonder where he is off to?

Last edited:
I would love him as part of our squad..........BUT too expensive for us ATM.

If we buy him and say the £3m German fullback, that's our squad sorted using just the Walker money. Or get the Portugese RB with the Sissoko money.

Basically I think it's the wages that would be more the issue than the fee.

He l
We should also make sure we keep an eye on their manager Jardim and his coaching staff - just in case Pochettino decides to leave at any point in the next few years.

I also read a short while ago that their Sporting Director; Antonio Cordon, had left them. I wonder where he is off to?
google says Cordon left Villarreal to join Monaco but got annoyed when the p layers were sold... he must have known that would happen. Sounds great on paper but so did Wendy Ramos and she ended up getting arrested for kerb crawling with Jack Santini and that Swiss cheese... I forget the names

Simply the best player we could realistically afford. Has that little bit extra when driving forward, which we're currently lacking.

Eriksen, Alli and Mahrez (with Son in rotation) behind Kane would be brilliant.

Simply the best player we could realistically afford. Has that little bit extra when driving forward, which we're currently lacking.

Eriksen, Alli and Mahrez (with Son in rotation) behind Kane would be brilliant.

Who would you drop from the first team?

I think he clearly said - Son in rotation.

And Son wasn't in our first team last season. Our first team was: Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dier, Alderweireld, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. Admittedly we struggled to play that team due to injuries, but that was our first team. So, to have Mahrez, you would either need to drop Dembele/Wanyama, or have a back 4. So that's why I asked.

Back