• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

But that's why they need to be 5th/6th choice, not 7th/8th choice. So they are nearby, but we aren't over reliant on them

We need more quality in the ranks.
Or we forget Europe and most probable any silverware.........
Keep Vinny I can see at a push.
Poch 'looks' to be saying the same goes for Sissoko!

Edwards should go on loan!
GKN???? not a clue

Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Mahrez, Barkley, GKN and Edwards competing for 2 or 3 (depending on formation) positions?

Not sure Edwards will be around much longer. Mahrez is not the type that will fit in with Pochs demands

So Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Barkley and GKN will be enough.......I would still love us to have a Mane or Salah type but I can't see any candidates out there

Alli, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Mahrez, Barkley, GKN and Edwards competing for 2 or 3 (depending on formation) positions?

I'm unsure about Edwards - him not showing up and being given minutes on this tour is worrisome. I'm unaware of any lingering issues from his injury earlier in the year, so it has to be something different. Maybe he thinks he's made it - or, conversely, maybe Poch thinks he isn't ready. Oakley-Boothe got the nod over him against Roma, and that is indicative of where he currently stands in the lineup, imo.

Either way, unless he's majorly involved over the next couple of weeks, I don't think he'll feature this year. Which means those seven players you listed competing for 3 spots (it'll have to be 3 - otherwise it borders on ludicrous). Not the worst thing in the world.

I don't see the problem with Arsenal spending loads on another overrated player.

If we want him (if), then we should ideally move to head off that possibility, no?

If we want him (if), then we should ideally move to head off that possibility, no?

Only if we were as desperate as Arsenal will be if they don't get Lemar. They'll want him as a starter, but he'd only be a backup player for us.

If Arse end up with Mahrez it probably means Lemar will still be at Monaco and possibly available next summer.

Edwards was playing in the U19s international tournament just 2 weeks ago. Presumably he's just been allowed a summer break/to report back later?

But he barely played last season due to injuries.

Having played in that tournament he was ready to walk straight into the pre season programme and join the rest of the lads in the States. He doesn't need a break.

But he barely played last season due to injuries.

Having played in that tournament he was ready to walk straight into the pre season programme and join the rest of the lads in the States. He doesn't need a break.

He was always a 'late' sub in the U19 games.
He played about 20 minutes total in the U19 games I saw, I thought I watch all the England U19 games, but I may be wrong.
Marcus is good, there is little doubt about it. But IMHO he is in need of 'very' regular football....he may well get this at Spurs with checkatrade?
Arguing the toss on here is fun but also a bit of a waste of effort as we know so little about physical and mental makeup of players and especially the youngsters.

Sorry to be so OT.

Im not sure about all the Mahrez "poor/questionable attitude"......

If his name was Ryan Martin he'd be playing in the fudging championship. Seriously he's that overrated.
The footballers he played against, and the fans who watched him disagree.
Leicester-Citys-Riyad-Mahrez-poses-with-his-PFA-Player-of-the-year-award.jpg
Facebook-Football-Awards.jpg

Not for me, as i said in a earlier post when we played at Leicester i was having a chat with a group of Leicester fans and their overall opinion was he was a lazy bugger, he had a great season when they won the Prem but so did all their players, but they all agreed that last season he never showed up in most of their games.

Now he has talent but they all questioned his attitude and for the sort of money that is being talked about i would rather we passed.

Not for me, as i said in a earlier post when we played at Leicester i was having a chat with a group of Leicester fans and their overall opinion was he was a lazy bugger, he had a great season when they won the Prem but so did all their players, but they all agreed that last season he never showed up in most of their games.

Now he has talent but they all questioned his attitude and for the sort of money that is being talked about i would rather we passed.

Leave it to Pochettino and his people, is my take. IF he does or doesn't not want him, it's his decision.

We are just guessing and fans are so fickle you can't take them seriously.

Of course and that is the way it should be, however i would be surprised if he considers Mahrez to be a player we need.

I don't have a scooby, about any player from so far away as we all are.

I as a 'fan' i would be a disaster choosing a player. Not a clue about how they tick and what really motivates the individual.

, he had a great season when they won the Prem but so did all their players, but they all agreed that last season he never showed up in most of their games.

Sounds like Eden Hazard, season before last

Hazard had been good at Lille too though, Mahrez has had about 25 good games in his career, all in a season where other dogbrick footballers at his club had the only productive year of their career too, maybe it was something about the bread and water in leicester that year...

He's a massive risk, if he was 19 and 2m then yeah, why not, but we can't be spending 50m on such a small resume.

Back