• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Riyad Mahrez

Yes he is as dynamic as Sane, makes things happen on the ball just as much as him if not more and he’s been playing with Leicester - he’s only going to get better playing with those attackers....

Really same level as Sane? I guess time will tell

They are happy to pay that money for someone who "potentially" will feature, the difference between Spurs and City/United/Cheat$ki/Real/Barca is two fold

- We won't buy a 100M player.
- We won't pay a player hush money to be quiet on the bench, Mahrez will not complain getting 200K/week if he doesn't play.

Correction on my earlier post, he's 27 (in a few weeks)

He's not the same quality as Sane/KDB/Silva, my guess is he's brought in because they are getting rid of Sterling, Sane is injured for a while and they can afford it.
I think he will feature more than you think and I don’t think he’s any worse than Sane - he creates and scores a lot, sure Sane has the higher ceiling because he’s much younger....

They are happy to pay that money for someone who "potentially" will feature, the difference between Spurs and City/United/Cheat$ki/Real/Barca is two fold

- We won't pay a player hush money to be quiet on the bench, Mahrez will not complain getting 200K/week if he doesn't play.

He's not the same quality as Sane/KDB/Silva, my guess is he's brought in because they are getting rid of Sterling, Sane is injured for a while and they can afford it.

Shame they could not give one of their talented youngsters a chance, they seem to sign a lot of young players from round the world as well.

Where would Sterling go?

No one can compete with them

They even argue they don’t spent as much as others but their average player cost now will be around £45m

There in an unreal position and will actually make the league worse and less attractive

Lot of young players in the first team too - all set for the next few years if the ffp 2.0 comes in

I can't see Sterling going anywhere, he's had a great season. He's brought in as Sane is injured and they want cover, there's also a chance Aguero may go in the summer and Jesus is often injured as well.

Mate, You've read that wrong, Sterling won't be going anywhere. He is their top scorer this season and 3rd in assists I think behind Sane and De Bruyne. No way are they selling him to anyone. They are buying Mahrez purely because they can. Leaving a 200k a week player with 15-20 games a season is something they can afford to do as it gives them an extra option whilst preventing any of the chasing pack buying him in the summer where he might play all the time and really affect the title race.

He might be past the potential stage so not comparable with Sterling/Sane and De Bruyne but he is a very talented player who will thrive there and be decent when he is played.

Interesting. Mahrez to cover for Sane? They play on opposite sides of the pitch. All of Mahrez's good work is coming in off the right. Sane operates down the left as he has that bit of extra pace and can go inside or out. Maybe in the short term Mahrez will play right and Sterling will go over to the left but long term the 3 of them will share the wide duties around.

Those mentioning giving Foden and alike a chance in Sane's absence (or any other needing a rest) make a very good point.

City's mentality at the moment seems to be just to buy players who become available for the hell of it. I kinda get the Atletico CB, because that was a weakness given VK's injuries and Mangala being tinkle poor. But Bernado Silva?? Barely getting a game. Mahrez?? Won't feature once others are back.

They are miles ahead in the league so arguably have the luxury of being able to bring in a youth player in the interim. It's not like us or Arsenal for example that can't take the risk for fear of missing out on a top 4 etc. They should be giving them a chance. Surely playing first team football with the likes of Aguero, KdB, Silva and Sterling will only enhance a young players career?!

Pep will get fired if they don't win the CL in the next couple of years, makes sense to have players capable of chugging along in the PL so he can keep others fresh for the big games.

Those mentioning giving Foden and alike a chance in Sane's absence (or any other needing a rest) make a very good point.

City's mentality at the moment seems to be just to buy players who become available for the hell of it. I kinda get the Atletico CB, because that was a weakness given VK's injuries and Mangala being tinkle poor. But Bernado Silva?? Barely getting a game. Mahrez?? Won't feature once others are back.

They are miles ahead in the league so arguably have the luxury of being able to bring in a youth player in the interim. It's not like us or Arsenal for example that can't take the risk for fear of missing out on a top 4 etc. They should be giving them a chance. Surely playing first team football with the likes of Aguero, KdB, Silva and Sterling will only enhance a young players career?!
When you have unlimited money as they do they don't need to give their youngsters a chance. Currently they are challenging for all 4 trophies and perhaps see bedding in some youngsters as a risk of them faltering in one or more of those competitions.

Like it or not (and I really don't like it) City play by their own set of rules. While the rest of us have Dad's who, if we're lucky, might buy us a pack or two of Panini football stickers a week, with us needing to do a load of swapsies to get anywhere completing our Panini Sticker annuals, Emirates Marketing Project have a Dad who first buys up all the Panini cards in the sweet shop, then when we still have a few stickers outstanding buys up WH Smiths and if after that we still have a rare sticker card outstanding he'll just go and buy Panini itself.

Back