• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

RIP Alan Gilzean

Great player!
One of the reasons I love all things Spurs and have for over 50 years!

Sad day!

RIP Mr Gilzean.
It seems that his passing was quick, which is a small mercy.

I never saw him play but he has brought happiness to thousands who shall be recalling fond memories that he created for them.

Fabulous player, didnt get to see him play as much as I wished as was playing at same time. I always remember him making a mug of a big lump called John McGrath of Southampton who was trying to kick him and he just skipped out of the way 2 or 3 times and his on going ambition to put Bob Wilson on a stretcher. Formed a great partnership with both Greavsie and Big Chiv. Saw him score a hat trick in one of the best cup matches I ever saw against Burnley when we beat them 4-3 at the lane.

Great player who did everything with class, one of the best headers of the ball i have seen and his partnership with Jimmy was the best. He always strolled on to and of the pitch with a swagger and his song was sung better then any other.

RIP Gilly

The Ghost is now a ghost. Great player and a sad loss.

I only knew of John White as the Ghost. Didn’t realise that was Gilzean’s nickname also.
I have a book about Gilzean that I started reading about 2 year so ago and never finished. Now might be a good time to dig it out again.

I only knew of John White as the Ghost. Didn’t realise that was Gilzean’s nickname also.
I have a book about Gilzean that I started reading about 2 year so ago and never finished. Now might be a good time to dig it out again.
It probably wasn’t his nickname. I just remember how often he ghosted in for a killer header. RIP to the big man and thoughts to his family.

Cracking big player was Gilly , those ' BIG MATCH SPECIALS ' on youtube are priceless !!!

My first big game when I was a wean , back in '67

Don't know if i've done that right...?

By the way, wee Trippier is playing a stormer.

And, as a Jock, will you not shout too loudly when you win this World Cup !!!! :D

Cracking big player was Gilly , those ' BIG MATCH SPECIALS ' on youtube are priceless !!!

My first big game when I was a wean , back in '67

Don't know if i've done that right...?

By the way, wee Trippier is playing a stormer.

And, as a Jock, will you not shout too loudly when you win this World Cup !!!! :D
Who was in goal there?

The original King of White Hart Lane.

Hoddle has said he found it surreal when people adopted for him the song he used to sing for Gilzean

Fabulous player, didnt get to see him play as much as I wished as was playing at same time. I always remember him making a mug of a big lump called John McGrath of Southampton who was trying to kick him and he just skipped out of the way 2 or 3 times and his on going ambition to put Bob Wilson on a stretcher. Formed a great partnership with both Greavsie and Big Chiv. Saw him score a hat trick in one of the best cup matches I ever saw against Burnley when we beat them 4-3 at the lane.

The game against Burnley in the FA Cup is also my main Gilly memory. We were 2-0 down after 4 minutes but thanks to the Gilly hat trick won 4-3 thanks to Gilzean completing his hat trick just before the end. One of the best headers of the ball we have had with a unique way of skimming the ball on from his balding head. Met him during his time at Spurs and although difficult to understand his broad Scottish accent he came across as a truly nice man.

Back