• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ricardo Pereira

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
Worth keeping an eye on, if we indeed do sell Walker...

Tottenham willing to pay clause by Ricardo Pereira
Lateral side FC Porto, who was loaned to Nice, is the priority to fill Kyle Walker's imminent exit. Transfer can be closed for 25 million.

Tottenham want to ensure the hiring of Ricardo Pereira and, according learns SÁBADO , English badge admits even pay the expected termination clause in the contract Portuguese side FC Porto 25 million euros.

Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino closely followed the two seasons of the 23-year-old athlete who was loaned to Nice and has already set him the main target for the right side of the defense in this transfer window, since the departure of the current Owner of the venue, Kyle Walker, is considered inevitable at White Hart Lane - Emirates Marketing Project looks like the most likely destination for the English international.

The leaders of the London club, know to SÁBADO, are willing to bring to the Dragon a proposal of 25 million in the coming days, although they admit that SAD blue and white until agree to close the deal by the versatile player - both acts as lateral as in the two Sides of the attack - for 20 million.

In any case, Tottenham is not the only training attentive to Ricardo Pereira. Barcelona, Emirates Marketing Project and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) have also been looking for conditions to hire the young Luso, although in such cases they have a plan B to attack the market.

For the Catalans, the priority is Hector Bellerín, but Arsenal will hardly let the Spanish out for a budget of less than 40 million euros - which is why the benfikista Nelson Semedo may also be out of this equation. In the case of citizens, Ricardo Pereira appears as an alternative to Walker, who is the priority of coach Pep Guardiola; While the arrival of Antero Henrique - who knows Portuguese well - to the post of sports director of PSG could also help the rapprochement between the millionaire Nasser Al-Khelaïfi and the SAD portista.

It is recalled that Ricardo Pereira has a contract with FC Porto until June 2019 and the dragons intend to renew this link. It remains to be seen whether the intention is to play a major role, especially with the arrival of a new coach, Sérgio Conceição, or, on the other hand, the national runners-up only want to be able to toughen negotiations with potential stakeholders.

http://www.sabado.pt/desporto/futebol/detalhe/tottenham-disposto-a-pagar-clausula-de-ricardo-pereira

What I like about him is that he is two footed and can play as both a right back and left back. He is young, athletic and offensively minded

I just watched a video and saw him control a football.

I don't think he fits in to our new transfer policy.

I like the little I have seen of him. I think that if Walker is going and we are squeezing £45/£50m out of them then signing Pereira and Lemar (separate argument) would make us stronger out of the loss of a key player with some change for bank as well.

When I was a kid (back in the 50's) they use to show trailers of the films coming next week at the cinema, most were western or action films, the trailers looked great and I couldn't wait to get to see them, usually disappointed when I saw them the following week as all the action appeared to be in the bit I'd seen, just like "You Tube footballers".

When I was a kid (back in the 50's) they use to show trailers of the films coming next week at the cinema, most were western or action films, the trailers looked great and I couldn't wait to get to see them, usually disappointed when I saw them the following week as all the action appeared to be in the bit I'd seen, just like "You Tube footballers".

Jog on grandad YouTube is the future

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.c...n-ligue-1-has-been-an-honour-and-a-privilege/

It's a long article about this guy, and well worth reading - well written, comprehensive, and analytical. I won't quote the whole thing, because I really do think it's worth reading, but here are some pertinent bits about his suitability for us...

"Pereira has retained his attacking instincts throughout his career and used these qualities to great effect in whatever position he played. Gifted with large amounts of pace and dribbling ability, Pereira combines these traits with smart decision making and stamina which allows him to be a constant threat down the flanks. His passing and build up play have also seen significant improvement under Favre. Another positive component to his game has been his strength when using either foot which has made him unpredictable in one-on-one duels."

...some possible facets to him that we might need to account for (in particular, his size)...

"On the defensive side of the game, Pereira had previously struggled with being caught to high up the field and committing rash tackles when trying to recover. However, this has also improved under the guidance of Favre and his skill at defending has increased exponentially. If he has any weakness, it is his lack of height (1.75m). This has put him at a disadvantage when competing in aerial duels. Despite this, Pereira has not shown major signs of being a liability to his team when defending crosses and set pieces."

....and, finally (and perhaps most importantly), his personality and character - which, if this article is anything to go by, is top-class and right up our alley.

"This piece is not just about capturing Pereira’s tremendous ability, but also serves as a message of gratitude towards, and celebration of, one of the gentlest, kind-hearted men on the French football circuit. Polite, humble and proficient in multiple languages, the Portuguese’s human qualities are worthy of his footballing abilities and we speak on behalf of French football’s journalists when we say he has been a total pleasure to interact with. It has been an honour and a privilege to cover Ricardo Pereira’s two-year stint in Ligue 1 – we wish him all the best."

I have some residual concerns about his size being an issue, but he ticks all the other boxes, more or less.

I note the height quoted in the article makes him taller than Danny Rose so I have no concerns about his height

Yes, but *much* shorter than Walker. That's the point, really - otherwise we'll have two somewhat short right backs in Pereira and Trippier, and the physicality on that right side will have to be compensated elsewhere in the side given that Rose is also on the short side.

Yes, but *much* shorter than Walker. That's the point, really - otherwise we'll have two somewhat short right backs in Pereira and Trippier, and the physicality on that right side will have to be compensated elsewhere in the side given that Rose is also on the short side.

Most of our squad are over 6 foot so compensating in other areas is no problem. So if he is not for you who do you suggest?

Most of our squad are over 6 foot so compensating in other areas is no problem. So if he is not for you who do you suggest?

True, our squad is generally on the taller side, but that's what gives us advantages in terms of our pressing (taller = longer strides), defensive setup when constricting space (size of our players influences the opponent's passing options, especially when they're using their peripheral vision) and strength when on the ball. A general reduction would reduce our ability to count on our size advantage to give us a little advantage in terms of covering ground and retaining the ball, in that respect - even if it's compensated elsewhere.

Anyway, I didn't say he's not for me - it would be one of my concerns, but really, nothing I've heard about him indicates that the downside outweighs his potential (which, by most accounts, is extremely high). He's a good chap, he's two-footed, he's enormously versatile, quick, and technically-gifted - adapting to the side won't be much of an issue because Dier speaks Portuguese and Lloris, N'Koudou and a few of our Belgian lads speak French. If he comes, he'd likely be a good signing - I'm just not 100% because of his size relative to Walker.

If you want an alternative option, though, I suggested Rick Karsdorp a while ago - he might be worth looking at. Feyenoord RB, Dutch (so would have zero trouble integrating), fast, tall (actually a bit taller than Walker, iirc), young, reasonably good on the ball, and fresh off an Eredivisie title win. Dunno if he has as many potential upsides as Pereira, but he's a more physically imposing option.

Are you talking about on the pitch?

On and off it - we have a coterie of Dutch speakers already in the Belgian boys (all of whom played in the Netherlands), Janssen and Vorm, and all of them have spent enough time in the Netherlands to presumably make him feel at home if it's required.

Compare that to a player from further abroad with fewer players around to help him adjust to the move, and it might be a bit harder. Although it's really not as big as problem as it might have been in previous eras, it's still helpful to minimize the initial unfamiliarity any player arriving from abroad probably feels - so it's one of the factors I generally judge transfers on. Not a big one, but one to consider nonetheless.

Back