• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Repetitive bickering and point scoring about money and our transfer policy

IMO our chairman has screwed us the last 2 seasons. I'm sure that if Redknapp managed to get at least 1 of his targets 3rd would have been secured with ease, and this season we do the same fudging this again. It becomes exahusting as a supporter to support a team that does so well for 3/4 of the season and then decides to bottle it....and a chairman that could have secured us CL 2 seasons in a row but decided against it.

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

IMO our chairman has screwed us the last 2 seasons. I'm sure that if Redknapp managed to get at least 1 of his targets 3rd would have been secured with ease, and this season we do the same fudging this again. It becomes exahusting as a supporter to support a team that does so well for 3/4 of the season and then decides to bottle it....and a chairman that could have secured us CL 2 seasons in a row but decided against it.

I'm fairly sure Levy didn't actively decide not to qualify for the champions league, and last year we had all the tools to finish 3rd... but we don't need to get into all of that again.

I agree, I think Levy is a fantastic chairman but he doesnt seem to get it when it comes to stengthening in Jan when the team needs it...

Speculate to accumulate, we shouldve had CL football wrapped up this year already and been in it for the past 3 years

Whilst I totally agree regarding Levy, and while everyone was blaming Harry last season (partly true) I said the same thing, I think we also overrated our squad - that boils down to Levy.

Anyways I digress - its not over yet and dont care what the others do - its what we do that should matter. It is still in our hands (I think - especially if we beat Chelscum) This thread is littered with people obsessing over games when ultimately it boils down to what we do (or what we did rather)

Whilst I totally agree regarding Levy, and while everyone was blaming Harry last season (partly true) I said the same thing, I think we also overrated our squad - that boils down to Levy.

Anyways I digress - its not over yet and dont care what the others do - its what we do that should matter. It is still in our hands (I think - especially if we beat Chelscum) This thread is littered with people obsessing over games when ultimately it boils down to what we do (or what we did rather)

Its not in our own hands anymore though is it?

Why would the chairman want to lose out..of that cash in the CL? is he that thick? or just not savvy enough when it comes to football ?

Maybe our scouting system is S**T.

Why would the chairman want to lose out..of that cash in the CL? is he that thick? or just not savvy enough when it comes to football ?

Maybe our scouting system is S**T.

I don't know tbh but i find his actions very strange.

In the 09/10 season when we secured CL qualification it was painfully clear we needed reinforcements but Levy was more then willing to sign absolutely nobody bar Willaim Gallas. Luckily enough VDV was thrown his way on transfer deadline day (Sandro was signed months earlier). What chairman once breaking the top 4 , which happens once every blue moon, decides not spend?

11/12 season our manager says he needs one or two players to secure us third. Our manager makes it clear he's interested in Remy and Samba but is given the last minute signings of Nelsen and Saha.

12/13 our manager pleads for Moutinho and doesn't get him. Then isn't backed in January when top 4 is a very realistic target.

I don't know tbh but i find his actions very strange.

In the 09/10 season when we secured CL qualification it was painfully clear we needed reinforcements but Levy was more then willing to sign absolutely nobody bar Willaim Gallas. Luckily enough VDV was thrown his way on transfer deadline day (Sandro was signed months earlier). What chairman once breaking the top 4 , which happens once every blue moon, decides not spend?

11/12 season our manager says he needs one or two players to secure us third. Our manager makes it clear he's interested in Remy and Samba but is given the last minute signings of Nelsen and Saha.

12/13 our manager pleads for Moutinho and doesn't get him. Then isn't backed in January when top 4 is a very realistic target.

Levy did well to get Modders and VDV. We could have pushed on to better things. Getting Saha was a gamble that didn't quite pay off.

I blame Harry. Its Harrys fault for wanting his cake and eating it!
Someone must have bribed Capello to leave early..LOL anothe rconspiracy theory there.

As soon as Capello resigned Harry wanted the attention of the England job and all that goes with it.
Pretty good timing in our favour...eh!
Levy was right ...to show him the door..we lost out on CL due to that fact.

Levy did well to get Modders and VDV. We could have pushed on to better things. Getting Saha was a gamble that didn't quite pay off.

I blame Harry. Its Harrys fault for wanting his cake and eating it!
Someone must have bribed Capello to leave early..LOL anothe rconspiracy theory there.

As soon as Capello resigned Harry wanted the attention of the England job and all that goes with it.
Pretty good timing in our favour...eh!
Levy was right ...to show him the door..we lost out on CL due to that fact.

Modric was in 2008? and by all accounts it seemed VDV was offered to him a cut price deal at the last minute. Anyway i disagree that was the sole reason but lets agree to disagree.

Bickering and point scoring about money

Adam La Fondre? dear me that would be a travesty if those are the type of players we target in the summer.

we dont have much money and the whole striker issue needs looking at. Ade, Defoe and Dempsey have been average this season

Le Fondre would do what he has done for Reading. come from the bench and provide a threat late in games if we need it.

Re: what has happened to the transfer section?

we dont have much money and the whole striker issue needs looking at. Ade, Defoe and Dempsey have been average this season

Le Fondre would do what he has done for Reading. come from the bench and provide a threat late in games if we need it.

I wont believe how we dont have much money - that I do not believe - after three years we dont have much money? nah.

We need an overhaul of our forwards. The thing is it isnt just obvious to us fans but fans of other clubs that we need a striker or two.

I liek Le Fondre - but he isnt going to take us to another level which we need to do if we are to progress and continue to remain ambitious.

I wont believe how we dont have much money - that I do not believe - after three years we dont have much money? nah.

We need an overhaul of our forwards. The thing is it isnt just obvious to us fans but fans of other clubs that we need a striker or two.

I liek Le Fondre - but he isnt going to take us to another level which we need to do if we are to progress and continue to remain ambitious.

Ah yeah, because we've made large profits in those three years. Right?

Though i agree on Le Fondre, Would rather we went for a younger prospect, one who could become our first team striker in a couple of years.

Up until the latest financial reports being released we spent the money that was available. We haven't squirreled away any money in a tree somewhere. Our debts have been increasing a bit as well due to the stadium work I believe.

Both Defoe and Ade are good Premiership strikers at least, all we need is one strikers in my opinion. Someone top class, or close to it. Another young striker to come up through the ranks in time would be good too I suppose, but that would depend on how highly we rate some of our current youngsters. If the management team believes that Coulibaly (for example) is likely to become a top class player then there's no real need for a new youngster. If not then we should look to bring someone in I think.

We don't need 50m in the bank. Player purchases are more often installments deals, especially with Levy driving them. The tv money alone should be enough to fund a few big purchases if the numbers stack up.

We don't need 50m in the bank. Player purchases are more often installments deals, especially with Levy driving them. The tv money alone should be enough to fund a few big purchases if the numbers stack up.

This is true, but that also means that we'll still be paying installments on Vertonghen, Lloris, Sig and Dempsey...

This is why I used the financial reports in my example, this shows that we have been spending the money that has been available. Despite this people seem to think that we're not and that we have money in the bank to spend or something like that.

The tv money should give us some freedom to move, but, as I said before, only if we manage to keep our wages under control. That of course won't stop people on here saying "just fudging pay him what he wants Levy".

This is true, but that also means that we'll still be paying installments on Vertonghen, Lloris, Sig and Dempsey...

This is why I used the financial reports in my example, this shows that we have been spending the money that has been available. Despite this people seem to think that we're not and that we have money in the bank to spend or something like that.

The tv money should give us some freedom to move, but, as I said before, only if we manage to keep our wages under control. That of course won't stop people on here saying "just fudging pay him what he wants Levy".

Yeah - the way our wagebill exploded under Redknapp means we don't have the funds for the £15m transfer fees any more because all our income is already tied up.

The tv money won't make a slightest bit of difference IMO as everyone will just know to inflate their prices by about 25% when an EPL club becomes interested.

Says who?

Yeah - the way our wagebill exploded under Redknapp means we don't have the funds for the £15m transfer fees any more because all our income is already tied up.

The tv money won't make a slightest bit of difference IMO as everyone will just know to inflate their prices by about 25% when an EPL club becomes interested.

Eh? but we've managed to sell/loan out all those players?

The wage bill got bigger because our priorities as a club changed - not because of anything that Redknapp specifically did.

We have got to the point that progress for Spurs depends as much upon keeping our best players as it does on buying new players. And keeping our best players means offering them much higher wages.

Back