• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Renato Sanches

Fantastic talent as far as I'm concerned. Not a position we're in particular need of strengthening, but this kind of a player usually isn't available for us. If we could make a deal happen I would be delighted. Think he'll go to a bigger club if he leaves though.

I mentioned him in the Mahrez thread.

Think he really could be anything he wants on the pitch.

If we were in the market for a first XI player in the attacking positions then it could be a goer but with Alli Son and Eriksen all playing great football atm and Lamela coming back from injury too I'm not sure either party would be interested in making it happen

Non starter for us. And whilst of course he's a good player, I'm not sure how he fits in to our first team. And why would a player of his ability come if not guaranteed a first team place?

If we were in the market for a first XI player in the attacking positions then it could be a goer but with Alli Son and Eriksen all playing great football atm and Lamela coming back from injury too I'm not sure either party would be interested in making it happen
Doesn't he play primarily as a central midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder?

I thought he was a winger - must be confusing him with someone else if he's a CM as you say

I thought he was a winger - must be confusing him with someone else if he's a CM as you say

I'm pretty sure he's a CM too. I think he's a ball winning, box to box midfielder who can pass. He will be an excellent signing for whoever gets him. I just don't think that that's us.

I'm pretty sure he's a CM too. I think he's a ball winning, box to box midfielder who can pass. He will be an excellent signing for whoever gets him. I just don't think that that's us.

Definately not who I'm thinking of then!

Sounds like a player who could port straight in to our team, probably at the expense of Dembele going by the description, if he's as good as his valuation would suggest

His agent is Jorge Mendes.

I think the only times we've ever tried directly dealing with a Mendes client were when we tried to sign Mourinho after he left Chelsea the first time around, and when we tried to sign Moutinho in 2012. It ended unsuccessfully both times.

Overall, we don't seem like a club particularly enamored of having super agents representing our players. And I'd like to think that inviting super agents into the tent would result in some runaway player demands and manufactured outgoing transfer sagas that we should *definitely* be avoiding right now.

His agent is Jorge Mendes.

I think the only times we've ever tried directly dealing with a Mendes client were when we tried to sign Mourinho after he left Chelsea the first time around, and when we tried to sign Moutinho in 2012. It ended unsuccessfully both times.

Overall, we don't seem like a club particularly enamored of having super agents representing our players. And I'd like to think that inviting super agents into the tent would result in some runaway player demands and manufactured outgoing transfer sagas that we should *definitely* be avoiding right now.

There was ITK in January that Levy would never deal with Mendes.

There's not a chance that we'd be able to get him - valuation would be out of our reach and he'd want astronomical wages given all the hype around him

There was ITK in January that Levy would never deal with Mendes.

rPNCqww.gif

More a case of cannot afford any Mendes player

I'm sure his company represents all kinds of players. He's been rumoured to be the de facto DoF for Wolves, with their manager being on his books. They're going through players like crazy, so everything is not right there.

Back