• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Relegation Battle Watch

metalgear

Nayim
Going down to the wire this season as well!

Villa are looking better with each game but QPR seems to have difficulty getting started.

Haven't watched enough of the rest...

Saudi Sportswashing Machine leading 2-1 against Soton. There will be more goals in this and the top and bottom of it is if you can score goals you will stay up so neither of these or Wigan will go down.
Reading, Sunderland and QPR are my tips and possibly West Ham may enter the equation.

Have a look at QPR's run in - they might be brick but they dont have to play any of the current top 4. Their next 8 games are all winnable and still have to play Reading, Villa and Wigan plus stoke who are all almost on the beach already

Have a look at QPR's run in - they might be brick but they dont have to play any of the current top 4. Their next 8 games are all winnable and still have to play Reading, Villa and Wigan plus stoke who are all almost on the beach already

Doesn't matter, they've looked better against the bigger teams and the teams lower down can be just as tough to play.

Fact of the matter is they're just a poor team regardless of who they've got left to play....

How far were QPR away from safety when 'Arry took over compared to now? They had a number of disappointing draws to start with and they just haven't got the wins they need. It would be a real miracle for them to survive.

Reading alternately look dead and buried and likely to escape. I think they will go down.

The third one is a bit of a lottery. You have to think Wigan are better equipped for the fight than Villa. The teams just above seem to be getting the points periodically, so I'd be very worried as a Villa supporter.

Doesn't matter, they've looked better against the bigger teams and the teams lower down can be just as tough to play.

Fact of the matter is they're just a poor team regardless of who they've got left to play....

As I said, they are brick however in a one-off 6 point game you just need the run of the ball and it to hit someone on the arse and go it and it can make all the difference. I do think they're burried though as they probably need the best part of 20 points from their final 11 games which is top 4 or 5 form

I want QPR to go down. Dont want another media tossfest over the cheeky chappy saving another "relegation threatened" side.

Any QPR players worth taking for silly money when they go down?

That young Townsend looks good ;)

Harry Houdini taken on one job too far I think.

He took a far superior Southampton side down than this QPR one. He'll be being paid very hansomly, and his press chums will make sure he's teflon of any blame whatever happens.

Personally I would like Southampton and Reading to stay up of the 5 or 6 clubs down there.

QPR look favourites to go down of course, but they're not quite down yet. A couple of wins could change everything and any team can beat just about anyone on their day in the Premier League. QPR have players capable of making a difference.

I hope Southampton stay up.

Another player I would love to pick up from the relegated teams would be Arouna Kone from Wigan.
He looks a great player, I remember seeing him early on in the season and said I wouldnt mind him in our team.

I also would think it a shame to see Wigan relegated. I do think they are a small team and deserve to be in the Championship but I have alot of respect for their chairman Dave Whelan.
He has to deal with a very small fanbase, limited funds and IMO runs a football club properly.

I also would think it a shame to see Wigan relegated. I do think they are a small team and deserve to be in the Championship but I have alot of respect for their chairman Dave Whelan.
He has to deal with a very small fanbase, limited funds and IMO runs a football club properly.

He's done a great job of keeping such a small club in the Premiership for 8 consecutive seasons and counting, but he's the chairman equivalent of Harry when it comes to going to the media every time a single thought pops into his head, really does my head in sometimes.

The reason I like Wigan is because of Martinez. Time and time again people write them off, saying that THIS time they'll go down as they get into mid-March on the bottom of the table, only for him to calmly sit back and watch as his team plays excellent attacking football to get the results they need to stay up. In 2011 they were 2-0 down at home to West Ham and would be relegated if they didn't win the game, they came back in the second half and scored a winner in the last minute to relegate West Ham instead - they still had to win at the Britannia to stay up though and Stoke don't drop many points at home, but sure enough they went and won there when it really mattered. The following year, they were in 20th place in mid-March again, but in the last few games they won at Anfield and the Emirates, beat Man Utd to re-open the title race and beat a Saudi Sportswashing Machine side chasing a Champions League spot 4-0 to stay up. Every year he loses important first team players (Valencia, N'Zogbia, Moses, Diame etc), but every year he still keeps the team playing attractive, attacking football and getting the results needed to stay up. AVB has done well recently but I still think Martinez is the man we should have gone for, and I'm sad to say I think he'll be the man that Arsenal go for when they eventually replace Wenger.

As for QPR, they've still got a good chance of staying up. Seven points to make up over 11 games is not a huge amount at all when you are near the bottom and teams around you drop points regularly, if they can put a run of form together they can do it. I know they will put one together eventually, it's just a case of whether it'll be enough.

Reading are gone for me. Worst squad and no reason to suggest they'll drag themselves out of it. Villa could stay up but their midfield is so brick that they probably deserve to go down.

Wigan (along with Fulham) were a 4th division club (or non-league before the late 70s) who won the lottery. A small scale version of City or Chelsea, or the Crawley of their day. There was nothing organic or romantic about their speedy ascent up the leagues.

Back