• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings vs WBA

Lloris - 7.5

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 7
Ekotto - 6

Lennon - 7
Dembele - 7
Parker - 7.5
Bale - 8.5

Dempsey - 5
Defoe - 5

Lloris - 7

Walker - 6.5
Dawson - 6.5
Vertonghen - 7
Ekotto - 6.5

Lennon - 6.5
Dembele - 7
Parker - 7
Bale - 8.5

Dempsey - 5.5
Defoe - 5

--

Holtby - 7
Gallas - 6.5
Sigurdsson - N/A

Lloris: 7 - Solid if unspectacular.
Walker: 7.5 - Seems to have recovered from his awful form slump, few last ditch saving tackles
Dawson: 7.5 - Boss.
Verts: 6.5 - Lazy at times and bullied by Lukaku. Suffering a bit of a dicey patch of form.
BAE: 6 - Still finding his feet, infuriating purposeless floated balls forward.
Lennon: 7 - One of our best players this year.
Dembele: 7.5 - Solid as usual.
Parker: 6.5 - Tries hard but he's just so painful at times, would pick holtby ahead of him moving forward.
Bale: 9 - Outatanding really. Best player by a distance.
Dempsey: 6.5 - Meh.
Defoe: NA

Holtby: 8 - Changed our attitude, changed the game, just like against Norwich.
Gallas: 7 - Sures things up.
Sig: NA

AVB: 9 - Thoroughly professional performance and setup. All the moaners need to hush up and get behind the man, we're going places, namely 3rd place.

COYS

Lloris - 7.5 (Didn't have many saves to make but commanded his box superbly. Distribution could have been better)

Walker - 5 (Caught not goalside a couple of times early on, and was 5 yards behind the rest of the defence for Lukaku's shot on goal, and didn't have much of an impact offensively)
Dawson - 7 (Defended well throughout I thought, and great ball to Lennon in the first half that led to Defoe being fouled on the edge of the area)
Vertonghen - 7 (Defended very well too I thought)
Ekotto - 5.5 (Played Long onside for the chance when Dembele got back to cover, and gave the ball away a lot in the 1st half. Improved in the 2nd)

Lennon - 7 (Looked dangerous the 1st half but was quiet in the 2nd...)
Dembele - 7.5 (Typical Dembele game - defended well, kept possession well and provided a few good driving runs and forward passes)
Parker - 6.5 (A mixed bag I thought - lost possession needlessly a few times but got also did some good things in possession)
Bale - 9 (Beast)

Dempsey - 5 (Didn't notice him doing anything particularly well, and noticed him doing a few things poorly (e.g. poor shots, losing possession etc)
Defoe - 5 (Think his injury could be a blessing in disguise - he is just so anonymous, and isn't prolific enough to justify that)

Holtby - 8 (Love the look of this guy... Great movement all over the pitch, great awareness of where his teammates are, good passer of the ball, moves things quickly, works his socks off... will hopefully give us what Dempsey and Sigurdsson have failed to so far)

Lloris 7 - punched/claimed well

Walker 6 - ok, out of position a couple of times
Dawson 6 - beaten in the air way too much, one nearly led to a goal, gave away silly fouls
Vertonghen 7.5 - class
Ekotto 7 - cool

Lennon 6 - not involved enough
Parker 6.5 - battled well
Dembele 7 - still not at his best but getting there
Bale 9 - our only threat

Dempsey 6 - bleh
Defoe 6 - bleh

Holtby 7.5 - very impressive, worked hard and popped it around nicely
Gallas 7 - comfortable despite being out of position
Sigurdsson 6.5 - not much time but a nice run and a good corner

Before Holtby came on we were dreadful. He put a bit of fire into us.

Lloris - 7.

Walker - 7.
Dawson - 6.
Vertonghen - 6.
BAE - 5

Lennon - 6.
Parker - 5.
Dembele - 7.
Bale - 8.

Defoe - 5.
Dempsey - 5.

Subs:
Holtby - 7.
Sig' - 6.
Gallas - 6.

Lloris 7.5

walker 6.5
dawson 7
verts 7
ekotto 7 i was worried by him first half

lennon 8.5
parker 6.5
dembele 8
bale 8.5

dempsey 5 was maybe not playing in a natural position for him
defoe 5 people say he can play on his own upfront by i do not think he can, good in a front two and i hope his injury is not bad

holtby 9
siggy 7.5 so unfairly treated this guy is
gallas 8 kept us calm when he came on and i am really not a fan of his so kudos to him

You clearly have a vendetta against deuce, I acknowledge that both were reasonably average. What's the problem?

Are you serious? You watched the game and your eyes tell you that Dempsey and Parker played at the same level today? utterly unbelievable but to each is his own.

Dembele had a good game. Him and Bale are really the only players who can be relied upon to influence matches consistently in attack.

Lloris 7.5 some great sweeper keeper moments
Walker 7 2 early moments aside, a much better performance
Dawson 7 Solid and commited
Verts 7 solid, but why does he look so dis-interested?
Benny 7 Getting better and better
Lennon 7 Always a threat
Moussa 7 Not quite where he was earlier in season
Parker 7 Massive improvement on the other night
Bale 9 Nuff said
Demps 6 Not getting into enough scoring positions
Defoe 5 Harsh, but did little before the injury

Siggy 6 Little time to impress
Gallas 6 As above
Holtby 8 Dynamo, but not sure of his best position yet

AVB/subs etc 7 need to make them kill a game off, not sit on 1-0

Before Holtby came on we were dreadful. He put a bit of fire into us.

Lloris - 7.

Walker - 7.
Dawson - 6.
Vertonghen - 6.
BAE - 5

Lennon - 6.
Parker - 5.
Dembele - 7.
Bale - 8.

Defoe - 5.
Dempsey - 5.

Subs:
Holtby - 7.
Sig' - 6.
Gallas - 6.

Ah ok so you mainly disagreed with the Parker rating and the rest is similar, Am i surprised that warranted you to inform me that i watched a different game because 1 rating was drastically different....no.

Are you serious? You watched the game and your eyes tell you that Dempsey and Parker played at the same level today? utterly unbelievable but to each is his own.

Mate more people are giving Parker similar ratings to mine than yours, maybe you need your eyes checked, because you're in the minority on this one, Parker was industrious but largely ineffective. That's a fact.

Lloris - 7. Solid, in command of his area and quick out of the box. Sweeper keeper. :)

Walker - 6.5. Solid, and largely untroubled, although his corners could still use some work.
Dawson - 6.5. Composed, and, save for a few scares when the pacy Long and Lukaku got in behind, completely dependable.
Vertonghen - 6.5. See above.
BAE - 6.5. See above, with the possible addendum that he could have made better use of the space afforded to him in the final third. Too many over-hit crosses.

Parker - 7. Assured display. Still a bit unadventurous with the ball at his feet, but less so than in previous games, with some nice threaded passes into the 'false nine' position.
Dembele - 7. Assured, good dribbling, shooting still a it wayward.

Lennon -6.5. Not at his meteoric best, but dangerous on occasion and worked hard.
Dempsey - 6. Not his fault, but a sub-par performance due in no small part down to his inability to play as the lead striker.
Bale - 8. Always dangerous. His roving runs caused WBA no end of trouble ,and his goal was magnificent.

Defoe - 6. Ran the channels well and looked active before his injury, which is classic Sod's Law.

Subs;

Holtby - 7. Active and purposeful in possession and tigerish in closing down when he didn't have it. A real steal, judging by his first two performances.
Gallas - 6.5. Untroubled.
Sigurdsson - N/A. Some good attempted passes, though.

AVB - 6.5. Good result, solid team selection and tactics.

Steffen - 8. Running at full pelt to the touchline before leaping majestically in the air, fist raised in sheer triumph....if AVB and him stick around long enough, that may become the defining moment of their managerial partnership. :D

Back