• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ratings vs Stoke

Lloris - 7

Naughton - 6.5
Kaboul - 7.5
Dawson - 7.5
Rose - 7

Lennon - 4
chadli - 5
paulinho - 5.5
Eriksen - 6

Kane - 6
Adebayor - 5.5

The notables...

Lloris - 8. Saved 3 clear shots in the 2nd half, punched well through a crowd in the first. Was safe, distributed well and was calm, running down the clock. Good lad.

Dawson - 7. Some good blocks and headers, did get done once but in general was solid. Much needed.

Paulinho - 3. Absolutely shot, lead in his boots, bereft of confidence, always taking too many touches, never playing the progressive ball. Needs a big arm around him next season. There must be a player there but he's nowhere close at the moment.

Lennon - 2. Couldn't pass, I mean literally couldn't pass 5 yards. Couldn't beat his man. Tracked back well twice.

The rest were steady-ish, and Rose needs to chill his boots.

Slightly odd subs from Tim, but credit - got a result at a tough place against an experienced manager.

LLORIS: 8 - was very busy in the second half but did his job and saves some decent efforts to maintain our lead

NAUGHTON: 7 - his most solid game in a while IMO, kept their widemen at arm's length
DAWSON: 8 - our spacegoat was very good, no doubt some fans will find a way to diminish his display anyway
KABOUL: 6 - not quite as accomplished as his partner, some bad errors that thankfully went unpunished
ROSE: 8 - maybe his best performance of the season even excluding his goal, shame he was taken off though I can see why it was done

LENNON: 5 - far too predictable again *SIGHS* he needs the season to end now
PAULINHO: 4 - worse than Lennon, some aimless passes and general poncyness. Sell him...
CHADLI: 5 - not much better. No wonder we failed to control the game even with a man more with these two in the battlezone
ERIKSEN: 6 - poor end product today, generally looked lazy but he was better than his midfield peers

KANE: 7 - put himself about, should have scored but good shift
ADEBAYOR: 6 - lovely assist but diabolical overall

The three subs, none of them did much of note.

Genuine question, as I have form mistaking Lennon for Naughton, but who did the excellent flicked pass that set Ade free for the goal?

Was it the Roadrunner? I know he did a crafty flicked through ball in the second half so I was just wondering whether this was his new thing, or he'd just nicked the idea from Naughton?

Lennon - 2. Couldn't pass, I mean literally couldn't pass 5 yards.

Apart from when he put Kane clean through on goal, I presume? It was a really simple pass, but he seemed incapable of completing simple passes earlier on in the game.

I thought Dawson and Kaboul were our best players. Rose was the usual curate's egg; I do wonder whether he has the stamina for the wing back role.

The notables...

Lloris - 8. Saved 3 clear shots in the 2nd half, punched well through a crowd in the first. Was safe, distributed well and was calm, running down the clock. Good lad.

Dawson - 7. Some good blocks and headers, did get done once but in general was solid. Much needed.

Paulinho - 3. Absolutely shot, lead in his boots, bereft of confidence, always taking too many touches, never playing the progressive ball. Needs a big arm around him next season. There must be a player there but he's nowhere close at the moment.

Lennon - 2. Couldn't pass, I mean literally couldn't pass 5 yards. Couldn't beat his man. Tracked back well twice.

Slightly odd subs from Tim, but credit - got a result at a tough place against an experienced manager.

Rose did well but it was the Stoke inbreds that really tried to get at him... good on sherwood to bring him off though i can understand Rose's reaction.

Yeah we did get a result but it could have gone either way - especially when stoke were down to 10 men and had the larger share of attacking play.

That said agree with the individual ratings.

The notables...

Although I dont exactly agree with the marks out of 10 for Paulinho and Lennon, we did win the game, but I certainly echo your comments. How Paulinho has not scored at the end I will never ever knwo.
Whereas Lennon was trying to nutmeg every Stoke player he came up against, once they knew to keep their legs closed,that was that. What has happened to the Azza that used to try and skin his opponent?

Back