• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Liverpool

Spur of the moment

Frederic Kanoute
Lloris 6 - worrying how he can completely mistime coming off his line
Walker 7 - brilliant clearance off goal line, best game so far this season
Dawson 6 - decent in defence but lucky to get away with mistakes
Gallas 5 - all over the place at times but love the way he bosses his teammates
Verthongen 6 - mixed bag, not sure what to make of him atm
Lennon 7 - well taken goal and loads of energy. Am loving the way he gets back to help walker out these days
Sandro 5 - not at his best, too many mistakes
Dembele 7 - what a difference he makes to the fluidity of our midfield. Inevitably tired second half otherwise it would have been an 8
Bale 8 - outstanding early on with great runs, a great assist and a great goal. Hardy surprising he could not keep that up all game
Dempsey 7 - beginning to look the part at last
Defoe 5 - off day

Subs
Sigurdsson 4 - his nightmare continues
Hudd n/a

Lloris 7 - One bad mistake, but came out and caught a couple of other balls
Walker 7 - Can't think of much he did wrong
Dawson 6
Gallas 5.5 - Some poor marking from both of them at times
Vertonghen 7
Lennon 7
Sandro 6.5
Dembele 7.5
Bale 8.5 - The reason we won
Dempsey 6.5 - Works hard, wins freekicks
Defoe 5 - Invisible most of the time

As far as I can remember Lennon's always helped Walker out loads.

Agree with the Lloris comment, generally did well but as a keeper you can do well for 89 minutes of the game and have one ballsup and if you get punished for it that ruins the whole performance. Thank the lord for Henderson.

Can't really be bothered doing ratings, not sure if Siggy even deserves a 4 sadly.

Lloris - 6 - Not much to do in all honesty. One huge error coming off his line, but didn't result in a goal fortunately.

Walker - 7 - His best defensive display of the season in my mind. Brilliant clearance off the line, very difficult to do.
Dawson - 6 - Decent, doesn't excel against the Suarez type but kept booting the ball at Defoe, which is not a good plan.
Gallas - 5.5 - Decent for a bit, runs out of legs before the end of games, one brilliant tackle upon suarez stopping a goal scoring chance.
Vertonghen - 5.5 - Might get flack for this, but a defenders first job is to defend. He looked shocking defensively. He looked quite good going forwards mind. Am hoping he can return to the center of the defence as soon as possible.

Lennon - 6.5 - Well positioned for his goal. Does his bit defensively.
Sandro - 6 - Was alright defensively, gave the ball away once of twice in poor areas, however also covered for Verts a fair bit stopping a number of crosses. Needs to work on going forwards if he is going to be used that way.
Dembele - 7 - Was everywhere. Made tackles, made runs, took players on. Looks like what we have been missing. Not 100% fit yet, but that will come. Big hopes for this guy.
Bale - 7.5 - Was great for the first 15 minutes. the first 15 minutes can get an 8. However seemed to be missing for the rest.. the rest would be a 6.. but goals win you games, so fudge it.

Dempsey - 6.5 Was decent, put in a shift in a difficult situation, we didn't see much of the ball which made it difficult.
Defoe - 5.5 - MIA. Partly not his fault, partly due to the type of service he was getting. 60 yard hoofs do not suit his game.

Sig - 6 - Did alright after coming on, ran about, did his pressing decently. Can't be too harsh on him as the team as a whole was playing brickly by then.
Thudd - N/a

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Gallas - 4
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 7
Sandro - 6
Dembele - 7.5
Bale - 8

Dempsey - 6
Defoe - 5

As far as I can remember Lennon's always helped Walker out loads.

Agree with the Lloris comment, generally did well but as a keeper you can do well for 89 minutes of the game and have one ballsup and if you get punished for it that ruins the whole performance. Thank the lord for Henderson.

Can't really be bothered doing ratings, not sure if Siggy even deserves a 4 sadly.
Just that this season he seems to be putting much more energy into it and making critical interceptions more often. Just my tuppence-worth.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Gallas - 4
Vertonghen - 7

Lennon - 7
Sandro - 6
Dembele - 7.5
Bale - 8

Dempsey - 6
Defoe - 5

Pretty much this. I'd be tempted to give Walker a higher mark just for how much better he was today than the rest of the season.

Lloris - 7. Huge error early on, where he was saved by Walker after blasting twenty yards out only to be beaten to the ball. Solid otherwise, and made some good saves.

Walker - 7. Improved display. Looks to be settling back into the kind of form that saw him gain a place in the side in the first place.
Daws - 6.5. A bit shaky, but he was always going to struggle against Liverpool's tricky forward line. Solid in the air.
Gallas - 4.5. Getting older. Was beaten by 17-year-old Sterling early on and looked shocked that it had happened. I think he knows it.
Verts - 6.5. Struggled with the pace of Liverpool down his flank + Suarez drifting into his area of the field early on, but coped admirably as the game progressed.

Lennon - 6.5. More of the runs in behind, if you please. Although admittedly it was against Downing at left-back.
Sandro - 6.5. First unremarkable game he's had in a while .Still beastly, though.
Dembele - 6.5. He never actually DOES something mind-boggling. He never actually makes an 80-yard cross field pass or a dinked two yard ball beyond the entire back line in one swift movement. But what he does do is make us a lot more fluid, and a lot more creative, just by holding on to and accurately distributing the ball. And that, I'm grateful for.
Bale - 8. More of the same, please, Gaz. Outstanding.

Dempsey -6. Worked hard, but it was logical his creativity wouldn't be allowed much room to show against Liverpool.
Defoe - 6. Made some good runs, and like Dempsey, worked hard. I've never been his greatest fan, but I'm really warming to the guy as time goes on.

Lloris 7
Walker 7
Dawson 6
Gallas 5
Vertonghen 6
Lennon 7
Sandro 6
Dembele 7
Bale 7
Dempsey 6
Defoe 6

Sigurðsson 6
Huddlestone 6

Game of two halves for the Welsh Wiziwig. Outstanding in attack in the first 45 but relatively poor defensively in the second period as we dropped deep again and his default position was to leave it all to Vertonghen. Sandro rivalling him for the curate's egg award, massively important in some situations, quite hapless in others.

Edit: I think Lennon deserves a special mention. He ran his wee heart out and contributed so much effort defensively on the other flank, as well as being there to convert Bale's cross.

Last edited:
Lloris - 7. Huge error early on, where he was saved by Walker after blasting twenty yards out only to be beaten to the ball. Solid otherwise, and made some good saves.

Walker - 7. Improved display. Looks to be settling back into the kind of form that saw him gain a place in the side in the first place.
Daws - 6.5. A bit shaky, but he was always going to struggle against Liverpool's tricky forward line. Solid in the air.
Gallas - 4.5. Getting older. Was beaten by 17-year-old Sterling early on and looked shocked that it had happened. I think he knows it.
Verts - 6.5. Struggled with the pace of Liverpool down his flank + Suarez drifting into his area of the field early on, but coped admirably as the game progressed.

Lennon - 6.5. More of the runs in behind, if you please. Although admittedly it was against Downing at left-back.
Sandro - 6.5. First unremarkable game he's had in a while .Still beastly, though.
Dembele - 6.5. He never actually DOES something mind-boggling. He never actually makes an 80-yard cross field pass or a dinked two yard ball beyond the entire back line in one swift movement. But what he does do is make us a lot more fluid, and a lot more creative, just by holding on to and accurately distributing the ball. And that, I'm grateful for.
Bale - 8. More of the same, please, Gaz. Outstanding.

Dempsey -6. Worked hard, but it was logical his creativity wouldn't be allowed much room to show against Liverpool.
Defoe - 6. Made some good runs, and like Dempsey, worked hard. I've never been his greatest fan, but I'm really warming to the guy as time goes on.

What good saves did he make? i saw one basic save vs Suarez but not much else.

Lloris 6
Walker 7
Dawson 6
Gallas 7
Vertonghen 6
Lennon 7
Sandro 6
Dembele 7
Bale 8
Dempsey 6
Defoe 6

Sigurðsson 6
Huddlestone 6

Lloris - 7 - some assured catches following a mis-timed charge

Walker - 7 - excellent game
Gallas - 4 - shockorama
Dawson 5 - wasteful in possession
Verts - 6 - mixed bag

Lennon - 7 - worked his socks off
Dembele - 7 - good return
Sandro - 6 - sloppy
Bale - 8 - immense

Demspey - 6 - tried
Defoe - 5 - isolated

subs - 6 - little time

Last edited:
Hopefully Walker can build on this performance.

Sandro with his worst game for us in a while - probably due to tiredness

Lloris - 6.5
Walker - 7.5
Gallas - 5
Dawson - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Sandro - 6
Dembele - 7
Bale - 8
Lennon - 7
Dempsey - 6
Defoe - 5

Sig - 5
Thudd - N/A

Lloris - 7 - One big mistake that could've costed a goal, but other than that a very good game.
Walker - 8 - Best game so far this season. Start to look like the player he once were.
Dawson - 7 - Thought he did well and was often very well positioned.
Gallas - 6 - Difficult to rate, because he looked very shakey at times but also made some crucial blocks and tackles.
Vertonghen - 6,5 - Mixed bag, hope BAE will be back soon, so he can come back in central defence.
Sandro - 6 - Not as dominant as of late
Dembele - 7 - Very good first half but faded like the rest of the team in the second half. So good to have him back in the side though.
Lennon - 7 - Good to se him get a goal and was great defensively. Thought he would have a field day against Downing, but didn't really dominate him as I'd hoped for.
Bale - 8 - World class for the first 30 mintues, then started to fade away. Still won us the game though.
Dempsey - 6 - Begins to show that he's a decent player, but I still think he needs to be a lot more involved and create more chances. 27 touches for 60 minutes in that role is too few IMO.
Defoe - 5 - The performances against West Ham and Liverpool show what Defoe's all about. Brilliant one match and a passenger the next.

Subs
Sigurdsson - 5 - Meh
Hudd n/a

AVB - 6,5 - Picked the right team IMO, but it's very worringly that we stop playing football, whenever we're ahead.

Lloris 7
Walker 8
Dawson 7
Gallas 8
Vertonghen 7
Lennon 7
Sandro 7
Dembele 8
Bale 8
Dempsey 7
Defoe 6

Sigurðsson 2
Huddlestone 6

Lloris - 6.2 - did enough to stop liverpool scoring >= than spurs. He doesn't look like he wants to play in goal.

Walker - 6.91 - Fast to the line, well fetched.
Dawson - 7 - Done some good things.
Gallas - 4.43 - His defending will be the death of me this 'ere season.
JV - 6.9 - Look assured (standard line for a defender who done ok)

Lennon - 8: 1 goal + 1 assist + 7 (shirt number) minus 1 for silly eyebrows in his youth = 8. "We win when he scores, we win when he scores, aaron lennon, we win when he scores"
Sandro - 7.1 - Nearly 7.2 but he misplaced a couple of passes.
Dembele - 7.7 - Good to have him back from his hip troubles.
Bale - 8.076 - Another great performance. and nice to see him score a header. This league is too easy for him tho. Needs a move to spain to test himself. :rolleyes:

Dempsey - 5.3 - A decline from the 5.4 i gave him vs West Ham. Tap-in merchant who has been found out, sadly.

Defoe - 6.661 - Needs to be a bit more greedy.

Back