• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings - Swansea

Yiddo

Cecil Poynton
Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 8
Vlad - 9
Rose - 6.5

Dembele - 7
Bentaleb - 7

Lennon - 6
Eriksen - 9
Chadli - 6

Ade - 9

Subs - 6.5

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 7
Rose - 6.5

Lennon - 6
Dembele - 7
Bentaleb - 7
Eriksen - 8
Chadli - 6

Adebayor - 8.5

--

Sigurdsson - 6
Naughton - 6

Lloris 6
Walker 6
Dawson 6
Chiricheș 6
Rose 6
Lennon 5
Dembele 7
Bentaleb 7
Eriksen 7
Chadli 5
Adebayor 8

Naughton 6
Sigurðsson 6

Hugo - (8) - Decent decision making claimed crosses better, better distribution than recent weeks....blocked bony shots well.

Danny Rose - (7) defended well but was culpable for the goal....did well in possesion play.. crossing and end product needs work.
Michael Dawson - (7) Better positioning today...good blocks and not so many hollywood balls.....could have been a 5 if pen was given as should have been.
Vlad Chiriches - (8) Showed good pace and tiger-ish in the tackle...nice passing from the back...getting up to match speed now. impressive
Kyle Walker - (7) Same as Rose really.....he has played better this season....If him and Rose can work on crossing that would be good.

Nabil Bentaleb - (8) kept us ticking over today and did better defensively 2nd half.....first half there was to many safe passes but better in 2nd half
Moussa Dembele -(8) Contributed to our attacking movements...should have scored....sometimes when he goes on those runs......just shoot moose!

Arron Lennon - (7) played his part in build up to first goal....and offered himself well in attacking moves....poor end product sometimes though
Christian Eriksen - (8) Charmont in the 2nd stage of the first half....the assist...that turn...faded a little 2nd half....one of the magnificent 7 come good!!!!
Nacer Chadli - (7) Played his part but not looking happy still on the left...dont think he is anywhere near as good as Eriksen but a useful squad player.

Emmanuel Adebayor - (9) MOM for me - Led from the front...was the perfect lone cf peformance in my eyes.....took his goal well but it was his teamwork and workrate that impressed me!!!! simply Charmont from Ade today!!!

Sherwood & Coaching staff - (9) Seems Sherwood is now a two trick pony....once we got to grips with the game the players grew in confidence and looked extremely well drilled to me. Impressed how we were calm after conceding and played the possesion game......still early days and but for dropped points against the baggies pretty much perfect from tim epl wise.

Fans -(8) pretty much heard them throughout and I liked they chanted for Soldado!

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7.5
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 8
Rose - 7

Lennon - 6
Dembele - 7.5
Bentaleb - 7.5
Eriksen - 8
Chadli - 6

Adebayor - 8.5 (not related to rating but i personally don't like his rage to Dembele for not passing him the ball on that 1 vs 1 situation)

--

Sigurdsson - 6
Naughton - 6

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7.5
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 8
Rose - 7

Lennon - 6
Dembele - 7.5
Bentaleb - 7.5
Eriksen - 8
Chadli - 6

Adebayor - 8.5 (not related to rating but i personally don't like his rage to Dembele for not passing him the ball on that 1 vs 1 situation)

--

Sigurdsson - 6
Naughton - 6
I would have done the same if I were Ade.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 7
Chiriches - 8
Rose - 7

Lennon - 6.5
Benteleb - 7
Dembele - 7
Chadli - 6

Eriksen - 8
Adebayor - 8.5

Llori - 7

Walker - 7
Dawson - 6
Chiriches - 8
Rose - 6

Lennon - 6
Bentaleb - 7
Dembele - 7
Chadli - 6
Eriksen - 8

Adebayor - 9 MOM

Oh and I though Rose was actually a lot better today than in recent weeks despite his rash clearance which led to the goal and some petulance

Fans were great today - sounded like they were singing "We love you Trigger, we do"

And "Roger... he's only got one broom... he's only got one broom"

I would have done the same if I were Ade.

Spot on reaction from Ade! Uncharacteristically selfish from Dembele. Had we not scored the third right after it could have gotten very nervy if Swansea had still scored. It was only 2-0 up and plenty of the game left, I think many here would have shared Ade's reaction towards Dembele had we not ended up winning that game.

Fantastyic performance today. I wasn't happy with Tim, even after the first batch of games, but today was impressive, and importantly tactically impressive.

Eriksen and Adebyaor were huge highlights. Chadli was non existent, and although Lennon wasn't at his usual high standard he was still more involved and dangerous. And I still think Rose is a huge weak link in the team, hopefully he'll improve.

But imagine this team with Jan and Sandro back, with lamella/Townsend for Chadli and a left back as good as walker!!!

Nah Lennon was better imo. In an attacking sense they were on par, but Lennon offered more in a defensive sense for sure and worked harder.

Either way both were pretty poor today. Disappointed in Lennon, the game should have been made for him today and his use of the ball was poor. I'm one of his biggest fans

Lloris - 8 - Some good saves, especially from Bony piledrivers

Walker - 7 - Decent at the back, some well timed tackles. Crossing was poor though.

Dawson - 7 - Generally quite solid, but lucky not to have conceded a penalty. Think Sherwood has had a word with him to stop hoofing the ball upfield too.

Chiriches - 8 - Excellent showing against Bony, who's a tough opponent that was having a good game. Calm and composed on the ball, some great through passes too that started attacks

Rose - 7 - Generally thought he was quite good, got an assist and was lively throughout. Puncheon-esque attempt on goal though.

Bentaleb - 7 - The metronome! Kept things ticking over and did particularly well in the second half when he dropped deeper

Dembele - 7 - A good all round performance - though loses a mark for not setting up Ade

Eriksen - 9 - I said when we signed him that he'd be the best out of all of our summer signings, and today was why. Brilliant assist, dribbling skills on show, passed the ball around well. Superb.

Lennon - 6 - Lively, but no real end product

Chadli - 5 - Gets into good positions, but I don't get this guy. How can you have a winger that can't cross, shoot or beat a man?

Adebayor - 9 - He's a fantastic player when he wants to be. And right now, he wants to be. Absolutely bossed the game with two well taken goals, lively movement, great link up play and was a general nuisance for Swansea all game.

Subs:

Sigurdsson - 7 - Thought he was an improvement on Chadli when he came on. Good shift.

Naughton - N/A

Sherwood - 10 - Full marks. Well done. Took some balls to change the formation that had brought him successful results, which was not only a great big **** you to everyone who said he was tactically clueless, but also showed his adaptability to the opposition and the players he had available, which was something I regularly criticised his predecessor for. Swansea had the better of the opening exchanges, but they were restricted to a few long shots and then Sherwood spotted what was wrong and adjusted by moving Bentaleb deeper, at which point we took control. After we scored, there was only one team in the game. I liked how we dropped deep when we were winning to invite Swansea onto us so we could counter attack them and play our faster players in behind their high line. The substitutions were well timed and correct, the football was attractive to watch and effective - I also really liked the slick one touch passing after we'd conceded to maintain possession and see the game out calmly. I almost took off a mark for starting Chadli, but I don't think Sigurdsson was fully fit so was probably better utilised from the bench, which is exactly what Sherwood did. Excellent performance from him.

Back