• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

#Rant

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
West Ham fans are being treated like brick right now. I thought when they won the deal for the Olympic Stadium I would find it hilarious.

There's a lot of talk about Spurs lifetime season ticket holders being kicked to the curb, and other fans not being able to afford tickets for the new stadium.

We're all customers of the same Sky/BT conglomerate and I hate what modern football has become. We're better off than most fans but I feel we still have a voice. If we don't speak out for other fans then who will speak out for us?

West Ham fans are being treated like brick right now. I thought when they won the deal for the Olympic Stadium I would find it hilarious.

There's a lot of talk about Spurs lifetime season ticket holders being kicked to the curb, and other fans not being able to afford tickets for the new stadium.

We're all customers of the same Sky/BT conglomerate and I hate what modern football has become. We're better off than most fans but I feel we still have a voice. If we don't speak out for other fans then who will speak out for us?

West Ham acquired the access to that stadium by dubious means, everyone knew it and their fans were more than happy to rub our faces in it when they felt it would get them a leg up on us. Are we supposed to feel sorry for them now?

If you hate modern football, go support a lower league club, they could do with it (and I'm serious here).

Modern football is a premium product, and people demand the level. Fans can demand their tickets stay the same price the day they accept not being in the race for trophies, or not being able to buy certain players or having to sell their best players. Honestly its amazingly childish to see the same fans who say pay Kane, Toby, whoever whatever they want, 10 seconds later complain about season ticket prices going up. Or why the kit in store is more expensive than x retailer or knock offs ...

I struggle to sympathize, I've been a Spurs fan since my early teens, but I was born a long way away from England. Took me years to work/save, be able to make my first trip to WHL and see Spurs live. Now I'm lucky enough that I can afford the trips/tickets and its more about time vs. money.

The new Spurs, the relevant Spurs, has had amazing players in last decade or so, has a training ground that England/Brazil/Barca will train on and will have the most modern stadium with the 2nd largest PL capacity. That stuff comes at a price.

Serious question, what would you trade to keep ticket prices cheap? would you sell Kane?

I've supported Spurs for over 60 years since my dad took me as an 11 year old, after a couple of years I went with my mates then took my son, I now go with him and my grandsons. In that time I've seen massive changes in the way the product has been developed. As a teenager I could easily afford to go to matches on my pocket money and odd little jobs I picked up, I think that impossible today, even blokes in fulltime employment cant pay or get tickets. I enjoyed the queueing up with my mates even though on the odd occassion we got locked out. I know my son would struggle to keep going if I didn't pay for his boy, its a sad state that a game that was affordable to virtually all is now out of reach for many and that kids won't get the chances I had.

Ticket prices contribute so little to the cost of running a club. Don’t forget their is a cost to opening the ground which is covered in the price. You only need to look at our ground revenue at WHL to see that

Sponsorship and TV money covers about 80% of a premier league clubs costs now

It’s why clubs should so more on the ticket price front and not just for no mark cup games where the club don’t take them serious either

Arsenal made £100m last season from gate and matchday income last season.

Our match receipts were £41m.

I dont think its unreasonable to expect with the new stadium we will surpass Arsenal in this respect.

And upward of £60m a year increase in one revenue stream has to be significant in anyones book.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/01/premier-league-finances-club-by-club

It’s revenue not profit

Don’t get me wrong it will be very profitable but it comes down to operating costs and debt

The turnover should be around £150m form the ground though

Back