• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Raheem Sterling

onlyme

Banned
This kid is gonna be the biz. He was dealt with by our more experienced guys but whatever..what is the deal with him? Is he a homesick London teenager or will he stay at Liverpool?
Is it a tribunal transfer fee?

Rumour in the summer was that he was homesick and frustrated at his lack of chances and that we were in for him. His price will have home through the roof since then though.

Isn't his contract expiring soon? It's apparently still a junior one, and those contracts tend to be short-term affairs.

If I were his agent, I'd advise him to settle in and wait for January, see what interest there is and only then commit to Brendan's new deal.
We're in need of a good winger as competition for both Lennon and Bale. Hell, if Bale does leave this summer, we will be in need of a winger more than ever. And if we are willing to pay what he wants, we'll be the most appealing option if he really is home-sick.

It's not just us, though. Arsenal would definitely by interested, and Chelsea likely would too. So he'd have no shortage of options. I'd say, therefore, it's very much a wait and see ploy he's pulling atm. Unless Liverpool offer him a phenomenally good deal, I'm positive he'll wait till the window before deciding one way or another.

Rumours were that he wants 50k a week which is pretty ridiculous for a 17 year old but then I'm not sure Liverpool have much choice. I'd rather pay Sterling 50k than Downing who is probably on more than that.

He denied those 50k a week rumours on twitter and said they were waiting until he turns 18 to sign a new deal. His birthday is Dec 8th.

Looks like a player who will be class.

A little young, though it would be interesting to see what happens if a big club goes for him. Liverpool seem to have gone backwards a bit and only have two real players of note, him and Suarez.

He's still got 2.5 years left on his contract, but is apparently earning just £2k pw at the moment.

Is he really that good? Just wondering how Townsend would look in a team at that level?

I suspect he'd leave 'Pool for most of the clubs that want him, it's whether any of us would pay what he wants.

I can imagine Liverpool paying him ridiculous sums to stay in order to avoid the PR embarrassment they had with Sig & Dempsey.

Rumours were that he wants 50k a week which is pretty ridiculous for a 17 year old but then I'm not sure Liverpool have much choice. I'd rather pay Sterling 50k than Downing who is probably on more than that.

All those child support payments must take a huge chunk out of his paycheck.

I think he'll leave Lolerpool when he's run out of decent looking ladies to make pregnant. The lad's on his third kid already. Lots of (breeding) potential.

He is still very young but I think he has a ways to go. For as dangerous as he is touted to be he rarely has any end product. I suppose that could come with age but then again maybe not.

Some have compared him to Lennon and I think that is very accurate and unfortunately Azza hasn't really gotten much better with his end product as some of us expected. I am not meaning to slate Azza but I think most of us would agree we thought he would be much more prolific at this point.

He's still got 2.5 years left on his contract, but is apparently earning just £2k pw at the moment.

Is he really that good? Just wondering how Townsend would look in a team at that level?

just? just 2k? I want 2k a week :(

Back