• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Racism on this forum

If this forum is going to continue being racist and condoning it by acting in the same vile manner as Chelsea fans.

Please let me know officially because I want no part of it.

Unless you @scaramanga and or others moderators are going to actively stop this type of racist behaviour you can as I've said previously, count me out?

Let me know?

Looks pretty clear nothing is going to change!

So the big question is, how is Stephen going to use all the spare time gained from not being on the forum?

Is it a full withdrawal or just a transfer to the fighting rooster?

Calling someone a bomber or pig fudger should be interpreted positively how?
If you were able to follow the conversation, you would know this wasn't in relation to what you are suggesting. It was a response to you getting all worked up by a harmless, general comment made by @parklane1 . But thanks for proving my point! Again.

If you were able to follow the conversation, you would know this wasn't in relation to what you are suggesting. It was a response to you getting all worked up by a harmless, general comment made by @parklane1 . But thanks for proving my point! Again.

I wasn't worked up. I thought @parklane1 had suggested scara's comments are harmless name calling, to which I strongly disagreed. He clarified which I saw as fair enough.

But trying to play this entire issue off as people being sensitive over a little name calling is just plain wrong.

It wasn't aimed at you, it was in context of what I had read so apologies if it looked like I was singling you out.

In that particular instance I was called a bomber.

I do think context needs to be taken on subjects like this. I don't think Scara is a racist and actually he's not stated anything incorrect in this thread due to semantics and language I believe he's always very careful when he engages in discussion to be factual. I simply cannot agree with his stance because of personal experience and the tidal wave of vitriol it allows others that are racist to justify their views and actions. But mostly, he has a rather weird obsession with Salah and Islam in particular that doesn't sit right with myself and I believe others on this forum.

I agree, wrong is wrong and the best way to improve is through education. I think where you've mentioned bigotry and prejudices is important. This thread is getting bogged down with whether calling a Muslim a pigfudger or a bomber is racist or not (that's a line I never thought I'd write). And it's also not acceptable to me that a Scottish person should feel deeply offended by stereotyped comments about their character, as you mentioned in your post. May I ask, I think you have posted previously of experiencing racism? Because of this, do you think the semantics matters when intent is there? Not trying to catch you or call you out, just curious.

I've never experienced racism, I'm white and I don't feel any guilt for that, and nobody should over their skin colour, race, sex or sexual orientation. So racism for me isn't an issue. It shouldn't be for anyone.
But I have experienced religious discrimination, abuse, physical attacks.
I've also witnessed it from both sides of the divide up here and one is as bad as the other.
I'm not a religious person, I've never voluntary been to a church service in my life. That's the way I was brought up, my parents are from opposite sides of the 'duvide' but neither care about religion.
My wider family includes an ex Catholic priest (who I am the double of!) an ex Celtic player and members of the orange order. Its not and never has been a problem.
I also have friends from either side and with some it's very much a 'if you're not one of us you're one of them', even though I'm neither and will happily side with their side when they are in the right.
It's terrible up here, it really is a blight and it tinkles me off, I just refuse to have anything to do with it. I try to not see colour, race, religion, sex etc and treat people the way I would like to be treated, idiots are idiots though and that has not to do with what they but who they are, and if you are an idiot to me I reserve the right to ridicule you.
There's a Glasgow Spurs supporters club, they are an official club, they get tickets, run a bus, meet up to watch games in the pub etc. A few of my mates have suggested that I go along, but it's Glasgow and I know that within two weeks someone will ask but what team 'do you really support'. I can't handle that and would end up doing or saying something that would just get me into trouble.
That's probably totally unfair on them but I'd rather not take the chance, it's not worth the hassle.
Sorry I've rambled on a bit.

I'm editing this as rereading it my first paragraph may read that as I don't experience racism I don't see it as a problem, I've badly worded that, I personally have never experienced racism so can't honestly comment on it, but I know it exists and is a big problem, a problem we should all be doing more to eradicate. Although I don't think we ever will sadly.

Last edited:

You were the one that originally called Salah ‘the bomber’ in the Pl thread. Why don’t you answer his question with that context?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I've never experienced racism, I'm white and I don't feel any guilt for that, and nobody should over their skin colour, race, sex or sexual orientation. So racism for me isn't an issue. It shouldn't be for anyone.
But I have experienced religious discrimination, abuse, physical attacks.
I've also witnessed it from both sides of the divide up here and one is as bad as the other.
I'm not a religious person, I've never voluntary been to a church service in my life. That's the way I was bought up, my parents are from opposite sides of the 'duvide' but neither care about religion.
My wider family includes an ex Catholic priest (who I am the double of!) an ex Celtic player and members of the orange order. Its not and never has been a problem.
I also have friends from either side and with some it's very much a 'if you're not one of us you're one of them', even though I'm neither and will happily side with their side when they are in the right.
It's terrible up here, it really is a blight and it tinkles me off, I just refuse to have anything to do with it. I try to not see colour, race, religion, sex etc and treat people the way I would like to be treated, idiots are idiots though and that has not to do with what they but who they are, and if you are an idiot to me I reserve the right to ridicule you.
There's a Glasgow Spurs supporters club, they are an official club, they get tickets, run a bus, meet up to watch games in the pub etc. A few of my mates have suggested that I go along, but it's Glasgow and I know that within two weeks someone will ask but what team 'do you really support'. I can't handle that and would end up doing or saying something that would just get me into trouble.
That's probably totally unfair on them but I'd rather not take the chance, it's not worth the hassle.
Sorry I've rambled on a bit.

I'm editing this as rereading it my first paragraph may read that as I don't experience racism I don't see it as a problem, I've badly worded that, I personally have never experienced racism so can't honestly comment on it, but I know it exists and is a big problem, a problem we should all be doing more to eradicate. Although I don't think we ever will sadly.

Ah I think that was it, you've previously posted about discrimination you've encountered (it is easy to mix up I guess!) I didn't feel you were rambling, thank you for the response.

Ah I think that was it, you've previously posted about discrimination you've encountered (it is easy to mix up I guess!) I didn't feel you were rambling, thank you for the response.
Your welcome, discrimination is discrimination, racism, sexism, religious or whatever, its the same poison in different bottles.

A Jew is someone who believes in Judaism so yes 'Jew' denotes a religious belief in the way that Christian, Hindu, Sikh or Muslim does.

No, the religion is Judaism, and not all Jews practice Judaism. The Jewish identity is more commonly defined by way of ethnicity.

Calling someone a bomber or pig fudger should be interpreted positively how?
It can be interpreted as throwing deserved abuse at an anti-Semite whose career should have been ended the moment his prejudice was shown on the field.

Instead he went to the home of Suarez t-shirts and applause for Tommy Smith.

If I'm reading this right Scara, and I haven't gone into it in too much detail, you're calling Salah a bomber because he's a Muslim. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm not, that's not right and Stephen was right to call it out. I hate Liverpool and Salah (the footballer) as much as the next man but, fudge me, you can't resort to that sort of stuff.

This is a great forum, there are really good people on it. Much better than Spurs Community and most other football forums. Let's not f**k it up by posting this sort of sh!t on it. I find you entertaining most of the time but this crosses a line.

If I'm reading this right Scara, and I haven't gone into it in too much detail, you're calling Salah a bomber because he's a Muslim. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm not, that's not right and Stephen was right to call it out. I hate Liverpool and Salah (the footballer) as much as the next man but, fudge me, you can't resort to that sort of stuff.

This is a great forum, there are really good people on it. Much better than Spurs Community and most other football forums. Let's not f**k it up by posting this sort of sh!t on it. I find you entertaining most of the time but this crosses a line.

A point we’ve been trying to get across on this forum for some time now ;)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

It can be interpreted as throwing deserved abuse at an anti-Semite whose career should have been ended the moment his prejudice was shown on the field.

Instead he went to the home of Suarez t-shirts and applause for Tommy Smith.

If you call a Muslim an anti-semite because their words or actions warrant that then that seems a quite reasonable state of affairs. However, if you him a bomber, then that makes you no better than him.

Back