• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Racism on this forum

WALOB :D
I don't believe that last sentence whatsoever, smells of "double-down saloon" to me.
The last sentence is probably the truest thing I've ever said. It may have escaped your notice but I have a fairly high opinion of my own thoughts and a fairly low one of those of others.

No no no. Tommy Robinson doesn't "hate religion"...only religion which doesn't involve Christianity. Tommy Robinson doesn't hide behind them very well because they're about as secure a hiding spot as rice paper umbrella in a hail storm. In your case, hatred of religion is not per se "racist" but in the modern climate, one has to understand the temperature, potential contexts and act/express accordingly otherwise they will be judged as whatever. You can retort with how stupid the world is or whatever, it won't change the fact that we are where are and this is how it is. So you either choose to be aware of that, or you go about your business saying "fudge them it's on them if they take things that way"...
fudge them, it's on them.

Thing is you are quite frequently wrong. Whether backing Boeing max8 planes as safe, re. what is accepted as non-prejudicial language, whether one Moussa Sissoko is any good...

As soon as you read these you’re thinking of ways to justify your previous (wrong) assertions. Doggedly arguing them out. It’s far more cathartic for the individual and the board collective in this instance, to hold your hands up. You would prove a whole lot more this way than trying to win an argument.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
If I'm ever wrong I'll happily admit it to you and everyone else here.

It's incredibly rare though, so for the sake of approximation you're probably better off assuming that you just don't get it.

If Tommy Robinson or any of his organisations were willing to insult other religions as much as they do Islam, then I'd have to concede that he and they probably aren't racist. The fact that they focus solely on Islam suggests (but not proves) that he and they likely are racist.

Do you insult other religions as much though? I don't see you coming up with derogatory nicknames for footballers who are Christian. I would point out other religions but I doubt there's many prominent footballers who adhere to any other.

Moreover, would you with Zidane? Pogba? Ribery? Bezenma? Did you with our Dembele?

The only thing that mark's Salah out to be highlighted for this treatment - by you and football fans in general - is he fits the archetypal profile of what people expect a Muslim to look like more than any of the others. And that in itself is racist. It was the same reasons Mido got called a bomber in the same way you call Salah.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the game tonight. Please try not to shout any Islamaphobic abuse at Sissoko and take your anger out on all the other unfounded reasons you've internalised to hate him. ;)

I'd also point you to this which took 2 seconds to find on wikipidea

Early-teen marriage was possible in Judaism. Babylonian rabbis encouraged early marriage as a means of legally channeling the male libido.[74] According to the Talmud, a father is commanded not to marry his daughter to anyone until she grows up and says, "I want this one".[75] A marriage that takes place without the consent of the girl is not an effective legal marriage.[76]

Despite the young threshold for marriage, a large age gap between the spouses was opposed,[77] and, in particular, marrying one's young daughter to an old man was declared as reprehensible as forcing her into prostitution.[78]

A ketannah (literally meaning "little [one]") was any girl between the age of 3 years and that of 12 years plus one day;[79] she was subject to her father's authority, and he could arrange a marriage for her without her agreement.[79] However, after reaching the age of maturity, she would have to agree to the marriage to be considered as married. If the father was dead or missing, the brothers of the ketannah, collectively, had the right to arrange a marriage for her, as had her mother.[79] In these situations, a ketannah would always have the right to annul her marriage, even if it was the first.[80]

So I imagine from now on you'll be referring to Jews as paedophiles. I also expect to see you referring to Jews as bombers, given the extent to which they have bombed the brick out of Palestine. And, I would hope, Christians to given sexual abuse scandals and 'One Nation under GHod' destroying the middle east.

Or you could just accept religion has lots of outdated concepts which are in the past, and which the overwhelming majority of the world's population suitably ignores.
I thoroughly detest Judaism, and some of its accepted behaviour (such as Brit Milah - sp?) is fudging disgusting.

But I can't and won't refer to Jews in the same derogatory way I do Christians or Muslims because (as we've discussed at length before) "Jew" isn't just a religious group, it's an ethnic group and often a nationality too. That's not true of the other two terms.

If you think I let other religions off lightly, then I don't think you've been paying attention to my posts. Islam probably gets slightly more than the others because (in my opinion and that of plenty of other atheists) it has shown to be the least able to modernise and conform to acceptable modern values.

If it helps, I consider the pope to be a kiddy fudger protecting clam.

If I'm ever wrong I'll happily admit it to you and everyone else here.

It's incredibly rare though, so for the sake of approximation you're probably better off assuming that you just don't get it.

Boeing max8’s are safe, despite 300 people dying and every nations flight authority banning them. What do they know? Sissoko hasn’t been any good for us this season. And to use language and discourse that is the same as those who are racist is acceptable. [emoji108]

Do you insult other religions as much though? I don't see you coming up with derogatory nicknames for footballers who are Christian. I would point out other religions but I doubt there's many prominent footballers who adhere to any other.

Moreover, would you with Zidane? Pogba? Ribery? Bezenma? Did you with our Dembele?

The only thing that mark's Salah out to be highlighted for this treatment - by you and football fans in general - is he fits the archetypal profile of what people expect a Muslim to look like more than any of the others. And that in itself is racist. It was the same reasons Mido got called a bomber in the same way you call Salah.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the game tonight. Please try not to shout any Islamaphobic abuse at Sissoko and take your anger out on all the other unfounded reasons you've internalised to hate him. ;)
What singles the pigfudger out is his public anti-Semitism. I don't know or care what the religion of footballers who don't allow it to cause them to act in a prejudiced manner is, but Salad made his well known in that way.

If a Catholic footballer publicly suggested that those who rape choir boys should have a holiday in the Vatican instead of a prison sentence then my opinion of them would be as vicious and as loud.

Boeing max8’s are safe, despite 300 people dying and every nations flight authority banning them. What do they know? Sissoko hasn’t been any good for us this season. And to use language and discourse that is the same as those who are racist is acceptable. [emoji108]

You're catching up - well done for leaving the slow lane.

You're catching up - well done for leaving the slow lane.

I think the above perfectly illustrates your delusions. People like your ideas, your provocations and even your arrogance, but knowing when to let go of your ego is your weakness. You’ll argue a point for the sack of it. For example, how could anyone possibly conclude for sure Boeing planes are safe when the crash reports are still to be delivered? Yet pushed into a corner on it, you’ll fight it out regardless.

I admire your pig headedness but it doesn’t do you any favours, and most of the time it’s okay, but this time, when attacking all Muslims it is not. It tarnishes you and the forum. Don’t leave those bad vibes hanging, when it’s easy to address.

But apart from those times....

Islam is not a race and to depict it as racism is absurd for those saying Tommy Robinson is a racist.

I think many religions are strange that doesn't make me a racist.

Islam is not a race and to depict it as racism is absurd for those saying Tommy Robinson is a racist.

It might not be a race but Robinson is a racist, Farage and the ones that left UKIP were right to distance themselves from him.

As scara said just because he days some normal things does not hide his true meanings, the man is scum.

Im a bit of a stickler with things like this, and you are of course correct.
Doesn't change the fact Robinson is a clam.

I wonder what the term is for across religion discrimination/bigotry.

Nah, he's just an extreme right wing nut job. How's that... politically correct enough fo you?

Back