• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

R.I.P. Lemmy

DublinSpur

Scott Parker
I don't come to this forum too often, and I know there's an official music thread.

But if Lemmy doesn't deserve a thread of his own, then the world has gone mad. The word "legend" is used far too often these days... but in this case, nothing else will do.

R.I.P. Lemmy You Legend. Responsible, I'm sure, for a certain amount of permanent damage to my ear-drums, but I wouldn't have missed a minute of those gigs for anything! My days of over-indulgence are in the past, but I'll be raising a whiskey or two to the great man.

A sad day.

RIP, Lemmy.

Had the pleasure of attending one of Motörhead's concerts about 10 years ago. I grew up listening to my older brother's records and Motörhead used to be a favorite of mine.

I'll try to chug down a bottle of Jack in his memory. Before breakfast.

Gutted, love Motörhead, love Probot, had the pleasure of seeing both live, the guy was a force of nature.

RIP - all things considered, I guess it was a miracle he made it to 70. Although you'd think he'd outlive us all and keep on rocking for another thousand years.

Death of a legend.

Saw some pics from his 70th birthday bash last week and he was looking really frail. Even had to cancel gigs in the last year, so it's not a massive surprise. Metal and rock wouldn't exist as we know it without him. RIP.

I had the sound and stage for a festiaval in Norway where Möterhead played. They wrecked almost my entire stack of EAW KF-750's. Used 15 stacks per side (3 wide, 5 high), and most of them had blown after the gig. Had to rent a brand new PA system for the next day. They were fudging loud! I measured 126 dB in the sound boot some 25 meters from the stage!

To quote a good friend of mine, "The closing of an era. They don't make 'em like that no more. Snow Patrol, anyone?" Hawkwind and Motörhead were a big part of the soundtrack to my teens. Sad day.

For a guy who lived the life, start to finish, 70's a pretty good knock, but it's still oddly surprising.

Can only echo what others have said, a rock legend in the truest sense. RIP, Lemmy.

Privileged to have seen Motorhead a few times in my lifetime, including most recently at Glasto. Always as in-your-face and uncompromising as you could imagine. A sad day for rock/metal, but what a legacy to leave behind.

Thanks for the memories Lemmy, and your inspiration to us all.

1502548_10153380225722984_1133615912831356743_n.jpg

Watching the memorial service stream. Lovely to hear that it is being celebrated in the spirit he would have wanted. Also good to see a familiar face get up and speak as well ;)

Back